Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I will gladly lock this thread as soon as somebody says something stupid :3.

As for now, so far so good, no issues.

I personally am an athiest, I don't really have so much of a reason, other than there being so many religions which conflict with each other, I personally believe that if there was a God, we would all know the same thing by now (I guess that's a rubbish theory, since the course of history is much like Chinese Whispers when it comes to things like this...)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Yes.

However, when you're trying to talk in an online debate, it's VERY hard to try to prove something. The best you can do is mention things like how "Noah's Ark" was found, or possibly try and prove it to other people by amazing statistics (which people will probably refute by saying it is simply done by X).

I think the topic of this thread should be "It is impossible to prove there is or is not a God, True or False?"

Jindo said:
I personally am an athiest, I don't really have so much of a reason, other than there being so many religions which conflict with each other, I personally believe that if there was a God, we would all know the same thing by now (I guess that's a rubbish theory, since the course of history is much like Chinese Whispers when it comes to things like this...)

Not when every religion requires you to stay with that religion, and not take on another in order to be "saved".

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I try to but no, I don't. I don't know why, but scientific proof seems just more logical to me. But I'd really like to believe that I go to heaven after I die.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I hope someone locks this thread before I start discussing M-Theory and String Theory. It could take weeks.

Reaction score
I hope someone locks this thread before I start discussing M-Theory and String Theory. It could take weeks.

Don't worry, you won't need to. Scientific discoveries are only valuable in this sort of discussion as a means of example. In and of itself, science can not directly disprove the existence of every god. It must be shown that the idea of a god is flawed on a fundamental level.

I try to but no, I don't. I don't know why, but scientific proof seems just more logical to me. But I'd really like to believe that I go to heaven after I die.

Immortality seems quite awful to me.

Zakyath

Reaction score
@Damien: After looking it up Mikhail Bakunin reversed the sentenced and said that he needed to be abolished.

Reaction score
That makes quite a bit more sense.

"I reverse the phrase of Voltaire, and say that, if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him."

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If there is a God, he is surely not benevolent and at the same time all-powerful, for in such a world evil wouldn't be possible. If there isn't a God, the concept of how everything started will bring a very interesting scientific explanation.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Yes, I believe in God.

No, I don't care about your religion or your scientific bull telling me I'm wrong. What the Hell do you think we call it a "belief" for? :)

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
> No, I don't care about your religion or your scientific bull telling me I'm wrong. What the Hell do you think we call it a "belief" for?

I think that sentence just made the whole thread pointless. :p

As for my belief. I don't rule out the possibilty of "god" or "superb being". It actually, at darkest times, makes sense. With that, I oppose to all religions. If there was a god, I highly doubt it would require us to serve him as religious people do or doom us to immortality.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I believe in God... Though my thoughts about him are a little different then most Christan, mainly because I am a Methodist and I believe in Religious Universalism...

Christan Religious Universalism
In Christianity, Universalism refers to the belief that all humans can be saved through Jesus Christ and eventually come to harmony in God's kingdom.

So I find it stupid that people fight and protest to insist that they are right. If you believe that your god is Bobo the big demon blue fish from hell... Well I won't stop you Oo

Personally I don't find the bible to be truly fact, I believe in evolution and all the scientific stuff, in a way of "How, god did it". So really I see science as a fact but is merely figuring out how this crazy world - god made - works xD

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
God hates me. This seems a really good idea to get some short-term hatred between two or more people.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
No because I don't believe in ghosts or other spiritual stuff like that.

Also why do I need a God to weigh me down and guide my decisions based on a "Holy Book" when I can be my own "God" and make my own decisions?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
no, i dont believe in a big man sitting in a cloud. or do i believe that jesus christ was the son of god (and following zeitgeist, he might not have even been a real person). i do not (and dont want to) believe in adam and eve (cuz that would mean sex = having sex with family), or any kind of things in the 'bible'
but on the contrary i do believe there is something. not a man who can make virgins give birth, but something i cant explain.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Also why do I need a God to weigh me down and guide my decisions based on a "Holy Book" when I can be my own "God" and make my own decisions?

Because when you die you hope to go somewhere good?

and following zeitgeist, he might not have even been a real person

That thing is so fucking stupid.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
If God did truly exist, then why keep his existence a secret? In order for some to see/speak/(?) with/to God, why is it always them? Why doesn't God just pop out in the sky and say: "Hey, <blank> religion is the right one! I exist!" ?

And no, I do not believe in God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.