Do you really want chat rooms? Hell yeah.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
dead link removed

It seems that the community themselves created a new meme out of an unacceptable answer made by Frank Pearce, co-founder of Blizzard.

For some reasons, that one thread has about 52+ pages x20 replies. It must've been an honor to hear that there really isn't any chat rooms at its current stage.

What do you guys think? Do you really want chat rooms?

Last edited by a moderator:

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Yes, we really do want chat rooms.

Well, while that may not apply to those that are just happy with "click a single button to play a game",
there's also those that need to organize stuff involving more than one people.

Here's someone that explains it way better than me (you may ignore the cats...):
[youtube]M-r_uCaFxg8[/youtube]

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
facebook integration was more important - sorry, pal! :(

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, we really do want chat rooms.

Well, while that may not apply to those that are just happy with "click a single button to play a game",
there's also those that need to organize stuff involving more than one people.

Here's someone that explains it way better than me (you may ignore the cats...):
[youtube]M-r_uCaFxg8[/youtube]

Yep, I watched that yesturday. Husky and the kitties. He and HD are probably the best commentators of SC2, and I do think he summed up the concern of people. All and all, I think the no chatrooms and the no worldwide access thing are the stupidest far beyond the cost related details

Obliviously Blizzard hates baby kittens if they ignore this message.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Meh, I guess that's Blizzard's way of dealing with the issue...

celerisk

Reaction score

You just trained your first Hydralisk
Publish this story to your Failbook wall or your friends' home pages?

Say hello to your friends:
...​

Not published yet through StarCraft II(tm)

Publish Cancel​

Doomhammer

Reaction score
You just trained your first Hydralisk
Publish this story to your Failbook wall or your friends' home pages?

Say hello to your friends:
...​

Not published yet through StarCraft II(tm)

Publish Cancel​

Sounds more like Suaheli to me. :D

Even though I don't chat much, I am absolutely aware of how important channels are for organization and for community things (friends, clans, talking about strategy, etc.). Taking sth as crucial as the main communications tool and putting time and ressources into sth as secondary as facebook integration (which nobody asked for anyway) is starting to get ridiculous.
In some way, I'm really sorry for writing this stuff. I highly admire all the creativity and ingenuity Blizzard has always put in their games from the very beginning with Lost Vikings up to the current development. Blizzard makes amazing games, so amazing that there shouldn't be need for complaining at all! Whatever it is (maybe some mysterious purple meteorite), sth must have corrupted them.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Hah. All they've done with facebook so far I doubt took up much time. They even said as much themselves. :p

People keep making mockeries that you'll be able to post things to your facebook wall through sc2, but blizzard said nothing of the sort.
Also;
If you hate facebook, why do you care if people post things to your wall? The feature won't get in the way. Its optional.
If you like facebook, why do you care if you can import your friends?

Blizzard has done some bad things, but facebook is the least of them all, IMO. :p

Doomhammer

Reaction score
Blizzard has done some bad things, but facebook is the least of them all, IMO. :p
It's not a bad thing at all. It's just a pretty useless thing at the place of a far more useful thing.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
It's not a bad thing at all. It's just a pretty useless thing at the place of a far more useful thing.

it's a pretty useless thing that gets a lot of attention, meaning it's not useless but a successful attention-getter

just look at how many people here complained about it for no real reason

celerisk

Reaction score
The real important stuff is the game.
And that part is working just fine.
Balance, of course, is, as always, open to discussion, but they are working on it.

While Blizzard has traditionally been known for their extremely "flexible" release dates, nowadays there's also Activision having a say in it.
That changes things slightly.

However, let's not forget that there's two expansions coming, within a year's distance.
Means that Blizzard will spend a lot of time working on SC2.
Also, Blizzard people are playing SC2 too, they don't go home and launch C&C.
And they also want, well, this and that and that too...

I wouldn't worry just because it isn't there yet.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Also, Blizzard people are playing SC2 too, they don't go home and launch C&C.
They don't play LAN at home, that's for sure. :p

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
They don't play LAN at home, that's for sure. :p
Correct, they only played in their office, which itself is their LAN. In fact, Battle.net is their public LAN and WAN, mashed together.

celerisk

Reaction score
Yep, I watched that yesterday. Husky and the kitties. He and HD are probably the best commentators of SC2, and I do think he summed up the concerns of people. All and all, I think the no chatrooms and the no worldwide access thing are the stupidest far beyond the cost related details.

Obviously Blizzard hates baby kittens if they ignore this message.

Blizzard Poster said:
Thanks for the collection of feedback and the constructive tone. Always appreciated.

We're fully aware of the concerns that are being discussed in the various threads, on fansites, detailed through kitten videos, etc. and we're in the midst of working on a comprehensive address that should hit most of the major concerns. Just a heads up.

Seen somewhere here:
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25170840862&sid=5000&pageNo=3

"Constructive tone"... the bnet forums are even worse than here :p

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally! We have Blizzard officially trying to mash everything up into one full address, or in alternate names, speech, that all of us can accept and stop complaining about "No chat channels" and stuffs.

I'm really looking forward to the addressing. It's been confirmed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.