Do you really want chat rooms? Hell yeah.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I'm Pretty sure someone said awhile back that Activision was the new evil scourge of the Gaming industry...

And they Merged with blizzard......

OHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP!!

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I was thinking about an obscure internet user in some god forgotten forum.

But this is MUCH BETTER!

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the addressing. It's been confirmed.

"Addressing" and "confirmed" might be pushing it a bit, but I found this one:

Blizzard Poster said:
There will be chat rooms, they're just not making launch. Probably.

So Frank was out for interviews in EU it seems (?) and said something to the effect of "no chat rooms" but there would be chat for guilds and groups.
Which is more or less what was said before.
That it would be more about getting people into focused discussions instead of just having free for all chat systems.
In any case, I don't know a lot about it. Personally, chat rooms are soooooo 2002.

Blizzard Poster said:
Q: How far in the 'long term' are those plans which allow for swapping to U.S. servers on an E.U. account - or a global account?

A: Jumping to the region you want is definitely in the long term plan for Battle.net, although we do have some concerns about communicating properly to the player what's happening if they choose this because it WILL affect the latency of the game.
As far as a date on when, I don't have one yet.
There are a number of features that we want to make sure get out there first and jumping to different servers is lower on the priority list at the moment.

Source: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25171927052&sid=3000

Reading stuff on those bnet forums is a serious exercise in tolerance.
Unbelievable how fast people think the world in general and Blizzard in particular owe them.

Anyway, so, yes, there will be some kind of chat, though not right now.
And there will be cross-region play, though not right now.
Alternatively, this may all change or not...

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
is there a petition somewhere?

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
Yep, I watched that yesturday. Husky and the kitties. He and HD are probably the best commentators of SC2, and I do think he summed up the concern of people. All and all, I think the no chatrooms and the no worldwide access thing are the stupidest far beyond the cost related details

Obliviously Blizzard hates baby kittens if they ignore this message.
Btw that's a cool band name you made up there: Husky and the kitties :D (some music producers here to pick that up?)

Reaction score
If guilds/linkshells/clans are going to have their own chat rooms, then this may not be a real downer. I'll play the bad guy:

Public chats in WC3 for me were full of spamming bots, clan sectsrecruiting, google-powered questions or someone looking for a partner regardless of the implemented match-making service.
...and nothing of value was lost . =)

What do you guys think?

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
so are clan channels? (*cough* kiwi *cough*)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I don't think I'm the only one who likes Valve/Steam's setup. I like the idea of easy-join games (didn't Blizzard say something about games being able to be joined while they're already started?), having a few people you meet in games to play with. In fact, I think I prefer talking to people mid-game, to talking to people in a chat room without anything else to do (especially considering the computer has to have a decent amount of power in order to keep the game running continuously.

Then again, Blizzard could fix a lot of these things with improved systems and different philosophies with their B.net 2.0 they're coming out with. Blizzard has done very few things that I don't like, so I don't think I'll be disappointed now.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I'd hate the Steam interface though. o.o

:( Really? I love the way that there's an openable overlay. I would really like Battle.net 2.0 to be like that. But, the bad part is that Steam overlay likes to freeze if you open Xfire overlay at the same time >_<

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
You could always not open both at the same time. :p

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
:D But that's the trouble >_< It's always on accident.

Because I have them mapped to (Steam) Shift+Tab and (Xfire) Control+Tab.

KillerChi

Reaction score
Trust me, I know almost noone who plays Starcraft, or PC games for that matter, a few, but, not Starcraft type games. If it wasn't for Battle.net 2.0 the SC2 mod community would be awesome. I agree with the video. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard fixes these things.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.