Campaign Dreamlord

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
It's not an in-game music don't worry! I'll use the soundtracks of my TLJ and the ones I've downloaded from freesound.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
is there gonna be a demo version or are you gonna release the whole map at once??

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I will release a beta version which will be fully playable and completable. It'll contain all 12 maps without the extra materials.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Good enyf for me to start playing...i still can't stop thinking about the terrain.Verry sweet job

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Progress Updated!

One last cinematic map and some minor bugfixes remained. I can't say for sure, but if God helps me I'll finish the beta tomorrow. :eek:

Screenie added!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
You just had to wait till i started shool didn't you :D. Hope to play the map as soon as possible.Btw why haven't you entered any terrening contests.I am sure that i am gonna be stuned by the maps.Serously on the scrrenshots they look....perfect

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Believe me I'm not that good :D. I'm one of the worst terrainers of this community. I have some good ideas how to make it look cool, but that's all...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Modesty, modesty....can't yait to play the map.Oh...How big is it?I mean 40-50mb?

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
And here it is!
It's a super upgraded advanced empowered beta release. Download and have fun!

Side Notes: It is not impossible to complete this campaign without cheats! Save often and everything's gonna be alright.
+ rep to the first guy who posts a nice list of bugs for me.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sweet! It shall be me! Why is it a .rar file?

Oh, it's a campaign. Gotta' look in campaigns. :) Ok, testing it now.

EDIT: I'm gonna' note stuff down as I play.

First of all, good job with the professionalism. ;) I mean the way you have all the information stated out right at front and stuff. Btw, nice
music and sounds.

The camera view is surprisingly OK. Usually, this unit-follow-up type gets all messed up in fast-action movement, but it's fine here. Wow, I love the spell-casting system. "Burn!" :D Very interesting cinematics, too. Typo? When you "break the mana rune", the person says "How you feel?" :D I suppose you mean "How do you feel?"

BUG: When you reach the Circle of Power before the gate to freedom (after you break the rock barrier), you can see the terrain and locations outside. I see all these butterflies :D and barren place. But I supposed it doesn't really matter since that place is outside the gate where you are heading out to anyway...

In the place where you exit after the gate, I suggest not making the area that big because... it pulls people to start wandering around and going off the path... and soon they will get lost. :D Haha, Essa: "Do I look like one?" "Well... yes." Oh... she explains a lot... I won't spoil it, though. :) Woah! The next "spoiler" events are cool, especially the fight.

BUG: A typo, lol. When you reach the Circle of Power after the strange demon, the N in And is capitalized, "ANd what if it is true?" YAY CHAPTER TWO! Ha, it finally starts. Very nice intro and cinematics, lol. Suggestion: Too many "grass" and "flower" doodads there, it looks really planned out. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when he says "Storm is coming...", the rain came before. Unless the rain was from the map itself and not from triggers, the rain came early.

YAY CHAPTER THREE!
BUG: Essa: "Which path you choose?" should be "Which path do you choose?" And very nice job on the freaky terrain (with all that no-gravity stuff, lol). I g2g for tonight, but here's my "review".

Total Score: 8.5/10
The game itself was really fun and cool. Things were balanced, exciting, interesting, and kept holding surprises for you. The spell-casting system was custom, original, and worked well, but perhaps not to its full extent, but it's just beta anyway. The camera view was like a 8/10. For its type, which averages around a 6/10 for me, it was fine this time. Sometimes, it got annoying and sluggish, but it was overall a fun, new way to play. The cinematics were also very interesting. They game information while making a nice story and adding suspense. The terraining was pretty nice, but it could be improved. Some places need more doodads and some need less (you can probably tell by looking again). The props, special effects, and displays were well done. From the custom props like the floating debris to the abilties' effects and the text display, it added excitement and... dazzled it, I dunno', lol.

Good job! I will continue to play it when I can!

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, raise the Music Volume if you can. I had to turn mine to the maximum, lol.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Wow cool reviev of the first 3 maps! Good job. :D

The +per is yours! Continue your work please. :)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I tested the beta version. :thup:

Pros:
++Gotta love the spell casting system. :thup:
+It's nice to have an entire map to get used to all the spells and the system, which will help you get started with the game.
+The music in the game is really nice. Makes it feel magical. =)
+The doodads and units in the first map (outside of the cave) are great. -Adds a lot to the atmosphere. -However, some areas seem a bit empty and desolate.

Cons:
--The game beat me. :( (I ran out of mana, because of a cinematic and hence lost the game. I was even carrying two mana runes at the time!)
-I believe I saw a lot of typos in the dialogs, though. (Some sentences seemed strange and out of place. Maybe it's just me, though.)
-The camera worked pretty well, but not always. As WC3 units do, when being ordered to go to some place they can't reach, they start spinning around. :p Which messed up the camera big time.
-Although the music is great, there's no soundsets (except from the rabbits.)

Notes:
/In the third map; I could see some areas ahead of me through the shadows. (I believe the minimap is black, to hide such things.)
/Some cinematics seems to be missing something, they should be looked over.

Suggestions:
*When running out of mana, order Shane to use any mana rune he's holding, before failing the game.
*Use 'Line of Sight -Blockers' to avoid players seeing 'areas to come', through the shadows.
*Perhaps make an option to switch between normal camera and follow-camera.
*I think that the cinematics shouldn't reveal Essa's name, until the third map -where she presents herself.
*Some areas needs more terraining (doodads, etc) also raising and lowering the ground might be a good idea. I know people don't like this, but I do: 'you can also use cliffs'. :)
*I miss the voices. I think that your units needs soundsets. (I just love repeating whatever the units say, to myself, when playing WC3. "I'm game!"
*Most units and doodads are clickable. I, personally, don't like that. I think some needs the 'Locust' ability. :p (Such as the flying stuff in the first map. Birds and sheeps. Also some rocks should be non-clickable, imho.)
*The guide should encourage saving.. a lot. :p

Conclusion:
~I like this campaign. =)
~There are (as you can see above) some things that aren't great, but I realize that this is just a Beta version, and I'm sure it will be great in the end! :thup:
~I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I love the spell casting system. <3 "Um.. rain?" :D
~I need to beat the beta version. :p
~I can't rate this project just yet, but it has got a lot of potential. Great work, keep it up! :thup: :)

EDIT: Ps. the Download link should be added to the first post of this thread, imo.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ps. the Download link should be added to the first post of this thread, imo.

It was already there when you posted this comment! :D:D

The game beat me. (I ran out of mana, because of a cinematic and hence lost the game. I was even carrying two mana runes at the time!)

I don't know exactly what do you mean, but if you charge your mana with those runes surely you won't run out of it...
It has been tested many times.

When running out of mana, order Shane to use any mana rune he's holding, before failing the game.

There are only two maps where you lose when Shane runs out of mana tho... :)

Many thanks for the test! Hope you'll enjoy the more difficult chapters too! :shades:

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
>I don't know exactly what do you mean, but if you charge your mana with those runes surely you won't run out of it...
It has been tested many times.

I didn't use the mana runes, because I wanted to save them, in case something badass would show up.
And then suddenly I run into this Event Circle and my character casts a spell, reaches 0 mana and I lose the game. =(
-I think that your trigger should force the player to use any mana runes before defeating them.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I didn't use the mana runes, because I wanted to save them, in case something badass would show up.

When a woman says use the rune never say no! :eek:
Anyway you're right about a thing. I warn the player too late about the curse of 0 mana... :rolleyes:

I ran into the same problem the first time i played it.

w00t?? A bug?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
When a woman says use the rune never say no! :eek:
Anyway you're right about a thing. I warn the player too late about the curse of 0 mana... :rolleyes:

w00t?? A bug?

Not really no.Anyway what am i sopposed to do on mission 2 after the child runs away?I mean that i search the house and there is no circle of power.Eaven the one nxt to the pony is gone.Is it a bug, or have i not searched enuf??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.