Dumb Moments in WoW - Post Your Dumbest Moment

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I chose a Paladin as my main... :eek:

I chose a priest >.<

I've had lots of dumb moments. I've sold fused wirings for 1s when it was worth around 10-12g(That was alot for me at the time)

I've also walked off outland while afk. I also remember being at 50% health, hs'ing to shat. Walking down from scryer place with the thought, "W/e, it only takes away 85% of your health. Do the math >.<

I've also miss-ninja'ed lots.

I also tend to forget fishing rods and hallowed helm on while doing arena :) I usally win anyways :p

When I think of it, I remember this one time. Me and a friend was dueling in lakeshire when i got stuck in some kind of tent. Since we knew the PW: fortitude damaged you(In fact it only increases your max health but not the current health making it look as if you take damage. So we dueled and made me loss on purpose. Then I quickly buffed myself with PW: fortitude. Took me a while to find out why I didn't die.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It never happened to me before, but it is extremely funny when someone duels and does the "begging" animation (due to loss) over a campfire. Next thing you know, they are dead. rofl

setari

Reaction score
hm... i think my dumbest moment in WoW was, I got a world drop (like, an epic druid staff) from killing stuff in Quel'Danas while dailying. Well, my friend told me it was worth 250g so i put it up for that price. It didn't sell right away, but after it did sell, I checked the price on allahkazham and it was around 1k gold to 1500 gold... i was SO pissed at my friend.

and, a dumb moment IRL that relates to WoW: me and my friend were talking about a person, and she was 16, but he said "she's level 16". I rolled over laughing on the ground, he didn't notice his mistake... until I told him...

Fluffball

Reaction score
I changed to resto from feral (was a super leet tank) at lvl 66 thinking that everybody needed a healer for PvE. I guess not many people like a resto druid with feral gear. Turns out that everybody wanted a tank ><.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Before TBC existed, you could as a rogue have an epic set called ''Nightslayer'', I had the full set. Also, I had boots with mount speed bonus and gloves with mount speed bonus. One day, I took on the gloves and the boots with mount speed bonus and ended up selling my nightslayer items >.< Fortunately a GM could give me the items back because I had a earlier screen shot of me having them =)

Fluffball

Reaction score
I had to undress dead orcs, undead and trolls for a quest.
Don't remind me about it.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Mana wasting by continually healing myself, thinking I was healing an ally.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The Most Dumb Move in WoW was when I jumped from cliff at Illidan's Black Temple xD

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
My priest has a minor glyph, slow fall doesn't need a regent.
It's uber.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
My dumbest moment is probably jumping off the top of SW Harbour, and missing my target (well, the place I had landed to get the Going Down? achievement :D) by a few in-game metres(?) and ending up dead, just as the frigging boat to Auberdine came in :( Was a boring run back from Elwynn Forest grave xD

Or else the time I accidently walked backwards off Sofera's Naze (I think that's what it's called) in Hillsbrad when trying to get away from some mobs :D

Other than that, I can't think of anything exceptionally dumb (since I don't really know what is/isn't :p)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I remember getting together an amateur PvP raid group; we were going to some low-level Alliance city to kill all the low-level people. I also bought a lot of fire-making equipment (we were going to light the rooves on fire). However, when we got there, we found at least 3/4ths of the number of people we had in level 70 Alliance players, who had top-level PvP gear. We basically just sat on the rooftops until they found us :eek:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Think I just had a slightly dumber moment than before :D

2 Alliance players (one was 42, the other was 70+, since it was ?? to my level 60 DK) were having a picnic just inside the Undercity in the main hall where the throne is (was fairly quite though, no-one attacked them). A mage player within Undercity thought it'd be great fun to walk out, open a portal, then kill the level 42 and dive through the portal again before the ?? could catch him.

All went well, 42 was dead, mage was safely back within Undercity. Strangely enough, the ?? decided to mourn the loss of his companion by dancing with me (and an Orc :p). Much fun was had there

Finally, the level 42 had returned to his corpse - here comes the fun part :D

I thought it'd be great fun to take a stab at the druid and make a run for it back down to the lower levels of Undercity, so I tried it - killed the 42, and made a break for it.

That was when I forgot that the ?? was a frigging Death Knight (the ghoul should've been a clear give-away there :(). Just as I made a run for it, I was stopped by Chains of Ice, then just before I was going to get away, he pulled me back with Death Grip, and pwned me :p

Returned to my corpse, picnic continued for a bit, got harrassed with Chains of Ice for a while, and eventually killed (again), presumably as a result of collateral damage from Death and Decay (since, I assume, the DK was planning to kill the Abominations over me) :D

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I have another (not so dumb, more funny) moment. Well, I was in darkshore as a 50 shammy (alliance) a long time ago. I was just strolling through until I saw like a level 30, a 40, and a 59. The 30 I killed somewhere on the path. The 40 and 59 hung together and were both pallies.

Once I was unflagged, I walked up to them. The 59 pally looked at me and so did the 40. They were waiting for me to quickly strike the 40 and they were buffing themselves and everything to be prepared and show off. There was another alliance kiss-up on the side, I think a draenei mage girl. After a while, they stopped considering me a threat as I just stood on the side, sitting in ghost wolf form.

I ran away behind a rock, merely so they would think I've gone and I was curious what they would do now that I've left. The 59 suddenly challenged the 40 to a duel. The 40 acted silly and accepted and got obliterated by the 59, but the 40 bubbled to extend the duel duration. Right when the 40 was at about 1% health....

I jumped out, frost shocked him. Killed him. then I ran away and jumped into a trench because the 59 was chasing me. The pally took the time to mount up so I got a great head start by the time he even mounted. I waited in the trench to wait and see what happened. After that, I waited to get unflagged, then I ran to the 40's corpse to see that he hasn't rezzed yet. I decided to just leave after that. =P

That event was pretty hilarious. I just wanted to quickly smack that blood elf pally, and my wish came true. =D

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
This isn't really a dumb moment, but it shows that Blizzard truly hates me. I had an undead warlock for a while, and I got to about level 21 before I got really tired of WoW. So, I decided to spend my last days playing making lower levels' lives miserable! I managed to get into every alliance starting town and killed some quest npcs. The security was nonexistant back then...

The day after my newbie raid, Blizzard released a patch that put a battallion of guards at every entrance, before I even got to Northshire! Wonderful!

Luckily, there is another entrance I could get in by jumping over a wall. Did so, and decided to raid some other newbie towns. (T'was easy. Guards couldn't swim back then.) Later in time, I got to Darnassus. I was in the water waiting for a safe place to get out, but I got tired and logged out.

Logged in next day, Blizzard released the patch that let guards swim! My lucky day! At that moment, I got tired of dying to Darnassus guards continually and ultimately quit WoW. The end :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.