Snippet DummyCaster

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I usually prefer neutral passive for dummy caster, instead of neutral hostile.

Its not nice to get: " Out troops are under attack" messages when dummy caster casts some positive buffs to my troops for example.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
...meh. Making it a global with that name requires vJASS anyway, so I'm back to voting against making it a requirement. :p

(What about the other questions I edited in? Also, Viikuna has another good point.)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Yea, I too used to use neutral hostile, but neutral passive seems to be more reliable.

Also, I think this requires vJass already, because of all those library and struct thingies.

SanKakU

Reaction score
didn't read through everything, but read the code introduction and the first few code lines.

got one question.

is this system basically designed in mind for use with making custom creep spells? because that's what i was pondering using it for.

priest170234

Reaction score
One question...
Since the player is set to Neutral..
It will be neutral who kills the unit instead of the player who kills it!
How can I change that?

Weep

Reaction score
One question...
Since the player is set to Neutral..
It will be neutral who kills the unit instead of the player who kills it!
How can I change that?
If you're good enough with vJass to want to use this system, you ought to also know that the spells cast by a dummy shouldn't do any damage; it should all be triggered, and then you can have the damage source be whatever unit you want (ie. the "real" caster).

Otherwise, just change the dummy's owning player before casting, and back to neutral afterward.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
um...is it just me or is this caster dummy difficult to move...?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It has a movement speed of 0. You'll have to change that. This is meant mostly for dummy casting. idk whether or not increasing the movement speed alters the functionality of the dummy caster though, I never tried it.

Weep

Reaction score
It has a movement speed of 0. You'll have to change that. This is meant mostly for dummy casting. idk whether or not increasing the movement speed alters the functionality of the dummy caster though, I never tried it.

Yes, having 0 movement speed is essential* for the dummy to be able to cast instantly, without having to turn.

*A unit with movement speed can be made to function like this by removing 'Amov' from it.

emjlr3

Reaction score
a movement speed of 0 also makes it impossible to move, anywhere, even via triggers?

Weep

Reaction score
No, it's possible; the "unit" will move with SetUnitX/Y, but its model will not. Alternately, the unit and model both will move with SetUnitPosition. As a third option, with some extra code, you can make a turning, movable, instantly-casting dummy; read how at the link.

emjlr3

Reaction score
hmm ok, good stuff

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.