Footmen Wars Mini RoC / TFT

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know.

No matter, I'll rephrase that again. If the game has any issues or osmething, at least post a feedback about it. Thanks in advance.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated ---> v0.3c

A bug was found. If you happen to kill someone else's base, they won't get defeated. Worse, none of the players will get defeated.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
lol man your "bugs" are pretty easy issues, just spam my pm with all your "bugs" and I will instant tell you how to solve it ^^

To everyone else, what I want to say about this person: Yes he is new one with editor, and he is learning to work creating middle-hard map. Unlike other newbs, who are shouting "look at me, I will create an orpg, I just need 10 people to join me!"
tom_may really good luck with your project, I fully respect you, and others should do that also.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll be looking forward to your help.

Now, I realized that adding a hero to each race would be a bit too hard, since I couldn't find the right model in game for RoC.

Either I need a creep as a hero or some unit from the Starcraft credits, I need a hint on balancing heroes attributes. If there's an answer, post it with all your typing skills.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Shoudn't you use tavern for heros? Oh, in TheHelper somewhere is link for unit balancer program, searh for it

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Done that, but I don't know what to input. I look at my WE, and I gazed all day, trying to find what is Dice and Stuff like those in Chinese. So, it wouldn't work out for versions other than English.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated to v0.4!

New units added:

Avatar, Merlin, Lich King, Requiem.

Fixed Bug #2 with much better trigger. Found out that my map is now very confusing, due to irregular trigger setups than normal Footmen Wars maps.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
2 Bugs:
I've chosen undead and got that ciggurat in which I can get my hero; However one of them got no name ("Tooltip missing"). At the same time you can upgrade the tower to a Nerubian tower with an attack, but it wil stop training heroes then : /

Another thing: Would you mind adding invulnerability to the wisp, and giving it 0 MS?
Thanks...

Greetings, Davey

PS: I'm not the right one for testing this map, I'm an FF noob : D

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
2 Bugs:
I've chosen undead and got that ciggurat in which I can get my hero; However one of them got no name ("Tooltip missing"). At the same time you can upgrade the tower to a Nerubian tower with an attack, but it wil stop training heroes then : /

Another thing: Would you mind adding invulnerability to the wisp, and giving it 0 MS?
Thanks...

Right, I left that part out.

I'll go change that. What is "MS"?

SerraAvenger said:
PS: I'm not the right one for testing this map, I'm an FF noob : D

Well, it's okay, I don't want you to win. I just need some test results, to see if it lags online, something's wrong, etc.

Before you make up your mind, can you please wait a moment for the above, fixed map to be released? After fixing that one up there, you then test it out on Battle.Net.

Awaiting your Yes/No answer. I don't want to lose a tester right away...:(

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, now I see. I just uploaded an updated version ---> v0.4a
I still can't add Invulnerability to Starters, because of these reasons:

A: I need to find a way how to removing non-playable units at start of the game.
B: It needs to be RoC readable.
C: Must not consume a lot of space. Usually, each map is now at 49 KBs max. I don't want it to go over 56 KBs, as my dialup cannot handle that much data uploading to here. If a total of 112 Kbs is reached, I wouldn't be able to continue adding more stuffs to it.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
I am going to say it to you once: you can't make your map without TFT editor...

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to say it to you once: you can't make your map without TFT editor...
Oh? Why would I have to make it more unique, more creative, and more stuffs?

I just need to make it more original, more simple, and trying to make it much easier for all players. Hence, RoC is my choice.

Also, it's a way to give a person all kinds of obstacles and riddles during its life. Yours is for TFT, which goes in an easier path to getting audiences to play your map, and and expect to obtain a certain job you liked; mine is for RoC, which goes a harder, yet accountable path for me to go into college. Reason why/what about it? It can prove that I had made a game. It sets my goals to become a game designer/programmer.

How's my map coming along? I'd rather have feedback about it, than having millions of players wanting to play my map. Think of China, and you'll understand. :)

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Oh, now I see. I just uploaded an updated version ---> v0.4a
I still can't add Invulnerability to Starters, because of these reasons:

A: I need to find a way how to removing non-playable units at start of the game.
B: It needs to be RoC readable.
C: Must not consume a lot of space. Usually, each map is now at 49 KBs max. I don't want it to go over 56 KBs, as my dialup cannot handle that much data uploading to here. If a total of 112 Kbs is reached, I wouldn't be able to continue adding more stuffs to it.

You mean KB, right? Kb is kilo bit, and 1 Kbs is one kilobitsecond (unless you want to say Kilobits, but then you only need the Kb anyways ). Just for explanation: 1 Byte = 8 Bit = 8 magnet fields that are wether positive or negative ( 0 or 1 ). A kilox = 1000x, in Computerlanguage rather 1024. A modem that can handle 56Kb / s will need 8 seconds to download your map, if it has a size of 56 KB and the connection only handles the download. As this is usually not true, you'ld need 11 - 12 seconds - which is still very fair compared to Battleships Crossfire ( 4 MB, ie 11 Minutes : D )

A : Isn't there a remove unit? It also removes indestructible units
B : Are invulnerability and Unit Removal TFT-Only features? I did not know that.
C : I don't think adding invincibility ( hell 5 i's in just one word : O ) would increase mapsize at all oO. Just add as ability: "Invulnerability ( neutral )"

You might aswell simply give it 5000 hitpoints and 500 hp regeneration :D

Sure I can test the map for you, but I'ld need to have a list of features that need to be tested.

Greetings, Davey

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean KB, right? Kb is kilo bit, and 1 Kbs is one kilobitsecond (unless you want to say Kilobits, but then you only need the Kb anyways ). Just for explanation: 1 Byte = 8 Bit = 8 magnet fields that are wether positive or negative ( 0 or 1 ). A kilox = 1000x, in Computerlanguage rather 1024. A modem that can handle 56Kb / s will need 8 seconds to download your map, if it has a size of 56 KB and the connection only handles the download. As this is usually not true, you'ld need 11 - 12 seconds - which is still very fair compared to Battleships Crossfire ( 4 MB, ie 11 Minutes : D )

My dialup max speed is around 11.9K. So, it's around 4x the time.

A : Isn't there a remove unit? It also removes indestructible units
B : Are invulnerability and Unit Removal TFT-Only features? I did not know that.
C : I don't think adding invincibility ( hell 5 i's in just one word : O ) would increase mapsize at all oO. Just add as ability: "Invulnerability ( neutral )"
You might aswell simply give it 5000 hitpoints and 500 hp regeneration :D
A: That trigger was already implemented. But I design it in a way that when it was attacked by any other unit, it would be removed.
B: For some reasons, I add an invincibility trigger, it says the map has to be an expansion. I am going to try reinstall both RoC, and TFT later, to see if my files were corrupted or something, that wouldn't make me do invincibility.
C: I did that. I think it was erased when I had to remove version 0.3c. I'll add that after reinstallation. And about the HP regeneration, I think I'll try that instead, if the invincibility doesn't work out.
D: About the move speed for starters, if I set it to 0, it won't build at all.

Sure I can test the map for you, but I'ld need to have a list of features that need to be tested.
Greetings, Davey

I'll PM you and linamus a list of newer features in the near future, but I have to know whether it's okay or not on Battle.Net. I can't host a map, due to my speeds. If both of you could host, or play together online, it would be grateful to keep this classified.

I heard most mapmakers of their maps tends to do a Public Release for Battle.Net custom players when their deadline, which is v1.0, had been reached. Should I do the same with them?

========================

For testers:

Link to the v0.4a map.

Faster than switching pages.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
And many open source project leaders tend to name their unstable versions with an odd number ( like 2.5 ) and their stable versions with even ones ( 2.6 ).

Well it is your own decision, you can do it but you don't need to. I oftenly only name my versions like this:
+0.01 : Small change, bugfixes / tooltip errors corrected etc
+0.1 : Big changes, like a new ship / weapon
+1 : Heavy gameplay impact, like exchanging all the items or implementing a new ship system / combining system

And then I have some Nonpublic versions and some Public ones, so my public maps have gaps in numbering.
( 2.2 to 2.6 , eg )

Still you can do it however you want.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
And many open source project leaders tend to name their unstable versions with an odd number ( like 2.5 ) and their stable versions with even ones ( 2.6 ).Well it is your own decision, you can do it but you don't need to. I oftenly only name my versions like this:
+0.01 : Small change, bugfixes / tooltip errors corrected etc
+0.1 : Big changes, like a new ship / weapon
+1 : Heavy gameplay impact, like exchanging all the items or implementing a new ship system / combining system
And then I have some Nonpublic versions and some Public ones, so my public maps have gaps in numbering.
( 2.2 to 2.6 , eg ). Still you can do it however you want.

I see. I'm using this system here

0.1 --> First version.
0.1a --> First version with a small edit
1.1b --> version 11 with two small edit

and so on. But I think others may get confused by this system.

Well Serra when will you meet me to play footy? (I'll host) ;D

Well, have a good time testing ;)!

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated ---> v0.5

This time, although not sure if it had gone a week or two, at least there are more bonus things added than usual.

Features: (For Player 1 only)

1. Added "-start war": Used as a default game mode.
2. Added "-start peace": Used to give every player a standby. I can't allow more than 2 players fighting over and over and then "peace" then "war" and so on. It would be a stalemate.
3. Added minigames:

A. "-start defend": A enemy-for-all unit will come along near your base. It is up to you to protect it from harm.
B. "-start spree": A Killing Spree. Get to 1200 kills, and you're invincible, for a limited time. (12 players = full house = at least 109 kills from each player.)

So, good luck battling.

Need comments, everyone!

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Hey, you got some interesting things added! Good job, this starts to beat usuall footy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.