Footmen Wars Mini RoC / TFT

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm starting to add more of them between the range v0.5 to v1.0. How's the map? I believe on Saturday, you may get some free times.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
I don't think I'll have time to test it... But when Scera will be ready, then yes, we will

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Here you go, tom_mai. I uploaded it as a zip in this thread, like you said.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh thank you!!

That's way better now. +Rep to you!!

T

Tubba

11,9k? What, there are those things left? I thought they died out like 10 years ago.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
11,9k? What, there are those things left? I thought they died out like 10 years ago.

My server is really slow, I can hardly get past 22 Kilobytes at the peak.

They're not dead, just that I live in a developing country, and not in USA. A country where people just say: "It's Taiwan."

xfirenzx

Reaction score
Found two bugs with orcs

When you first choose your race you have a wisp. If someone attacks that wisp it dispears and doesnt come back. Is this supposed to happen or did you put it like this? I find it a bit unfair.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Found two bugs with orcs

When you first choose your race you have a wisp. If someone attacks that wisp it dispears and doesnt come back. Is this supposed to happen or did you put it like this? I find it a bit unfair.

1. I don't know how to set the tooltip stuff. All I know is that for some reasons, my input strings didn't come out. I'm trying to check on that, ever since v0.4 was out. Maybe it was the language type conflict or something, but with the help of trb32, the UI Folder shouldn't give me any problems now.

I'll work on it for the next release. Google translator, help me...:rolleyes:

2. I admit I put it like that. That way, if a player is playing a game, then they found out some slots are empty (meaning they don't have players in that slot), once they attack them, it would just remove the player.

Specifically, I don't know how do you remove a player at start, but I'm thinking of a few ideas. On the next release, there will be some changes in the removal of the players, but I don't know if you like it or not. :confused:

T

Tubba

My server is really slow, I can hardly get past 22 Kilobytes at the peak.

They're not dead, just that I live in a developing country, and not in USA. A country where people just say: "It's Taiwan."

Well, as far as I know, Bnet is pretty impossible to use without at least a base of 23k... I had 56k on it many years ago, which worked kind of fine, though.

Ah well.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
That's why I always lag. That's also why I couldn't host my map.

_----------------

Also, updated -----> v0.5a!

Fixed the bug mentioned by xfirenzx. And changed how starters reacted to attacks.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Great. I respect your allegiance to your map.
After this you can start something hard like rpg, no doubt

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
But, out there. So many RPG ideas had been taken away.

I'll make a new series of maps once Footmen Wars Mini series are totally over. Awaiting your test results about the map...:D.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated ----> v0.5b

New features, maybe minor, but can really affect original gameplay.

Changed how you earn your money, unlike usual Footmen Wars. This is to balance out pros and newbies. Be warned, pros.
2. 100000 golds = 1 lumber. You get to 100000, and your golds will instantly be converted to 1 lumber.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated -----> v0.5c

Bug #5, which is the models not correctly placed due to collisions and pathing errors, had been fixed.

TODO: Need to know why there's no Incomes, when it worked while testing.

I'm so sorry, TheChosenOne.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Great. I respect your allegiance to your map.
After this you can start something hard like rpg, no doubt

I'm able to test from now on : )
I'll have a look in the map, and see if I can finds the bugs. K?

EDIT: Found bug. There is no triggering player : /
I'll fix the problem, k?

EDIT: Fixed the problem, made map more efficient and removed another bug; Your 100 000 gold -> 1 Lumber Conversion did not work

Also there are some lines I do not fully understand, like
Code:
    Event
        Map initialization
    Condition
    Action
        Set typeofBuilding[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Unit-type of (Constructed structure))
There is no constructed structure nor a triggering player oO

Well that's what I made out of it now:

Attachments

• Footmen Mini ROC v0.5c.w3m
    51.8 KB · Views: 262

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
1. I'll ask the conversion in the WE Help Forums.
2. The line that said:

Code:
Event
        Map initialization
    Condition
    Action
        Set typeofBuilding[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Unit-type of (Constructed structure))

Is that I suppose the Map Initialization trigger would make it a global variable. Don't know much, just that it's a safer way to express the variables. Unless I misunderstood it way too out...

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
1. I'll ask the conversion in the WE Help Forums.
2. The line that said:

Code:
Event
        Map initialization
    Condition
    Action

Is that I suppose the Map Initialization trigger would make it a global variable. Don't know much, just that it's a safer way to express the variables. Unless I misunderstood it way too out...

The variables you edit in the GUI are all Global ; )
You don't need to do that. One thing though.... I never saw that you initialised the kills[2+], only number 1. Please do that in map init ( for each integer A from 1 to 12, do : set kills[ integer A ] = 0 )

Btw, you can kill your own units to increase your income : D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.