Getting My First Tattoo

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Also agree regarding full body tattoos. My chemistry teacher got a huge dragon wing tattoo on his back, solid black and it just looked... dull. And crap.

I've considered a tattoo before now, still unsure though. I wouldn't mind a snake, one on my arm coiling around it would be nice (but expensive I think). I think first I'll just get a small one, if ever.

I think the main thing that puts me off tattoos is the apparent pain of having one done.
Exactly how painful is it?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Yes, I do know this thing is going to be on me permanently. The good thing is that it is going to be on my shoulder - it's not visible to me or anybody else all the time. So, I don't have to stare it all the time and neither do others.

Indeed, the superman logo might be as cliche as a rose or your lover's name, but I'm not doing it because I adore superman - no, I haven't seen a single film starring superman. The sign just reminds me that I can be a super man, if I only put my heart and soul into everything I do.

I cannot foresee the future, I bet there will be times when I'll regret it and times when I really adore it. I just have to live with it, if it's already on me. It's not like I'm getting a fullbody tattoo of a dragon or some tribals art - I'm not into that - it's a small body canvas, which I can show or hide depending on the sitation.

My policy about tattoo-removal: if you think you might want to remove it later and hesitate, don't do it in the first place.

P.S

The amount of pain really depends on the person and the place where you're getting your tattoo. Some people tolerate pain better than others. Tattooing on fingers or other areas where the skin is thin is more painful than having one done on your shoulder or arm. Getting a tattoo on an area where bone is close to the skin is quite painful too.

I'm a really skinny person, that's why I chose it to be one my shoulder. Not to mention it will be tiny, so it wouldn't look good on any other area of my body.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
Removing it in a surgery is expensive, painful and at times even dangerous. Its even impossible sometimes regarding the size and location.

If you don't think you'll regret it go for it. But 18 is young. Don't delude yourself you are still a teen - thus dumb (and so am I).

Again, only you know what you want and listening to us rather than yourself would be the stupidest thing to do. Just be sure all options are considered.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
i cant wait to get tatoo'd up.

if i could id do my arms completly etc etc, but before i get too tatoo heavy im going to have to work hard.

My goal is to become a special effects artist, or camara man for movie production and or commercials, if i get a real good reputation etc etc, with that kind of profesion you can get away with being tatoo'd up. :p

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Yes, I do know this thing is going to be on me permanently. The good thing is that it is going to be on my shoulder - it's not visible to me or anybody else all the time. So, I don't have to stare it all the time and neither do others.

Indeed, the superman logo might be as cliche as a rose or your lover's name, but I'm not doing it because I adore superman - no, I haven't seen a single film starring superman. The sign just reminds me that I can be a super man, if I only put my heart and soul into everything I do.

I cannot foresee the future, I bet there will be times when I'll regret it and times when I really adore it. I just have to live with it, if it's already on me. It's not like I'm getting a fullbody tattoo of a dragon or some tribals art - I'm not into that - it's a small body canvas, which I can show or hide depending on the sitation.

My policy about tattoo-removal: if you think you might want to remove it later and hesitate, don't do it in the first place.

P.S

The amount of pain really depends on the person and the place where you're getting your tattoo. Some people tolerate pain better than others. Tattooing on fingers or other areas where the skin is thin is more painful than having one done on your shoulder or arm. Getting a tattoo on an area where bone is close to the skin is quite painful too.

I'm a really skinny person, that's why I chose it to be one my shoulder. Not to mention it will be tiny, so it wouldn't look good on any other area of my body.

From reading that, it sounds to me like you've really thought it through and are probably mature enough to get one. All I have to say is, for all of mine, like you said, there are days I adore them, and there are days I hate them. But I'll never even consider removing them.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
485949a73076a_38118n.jpg

It's been done.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
From reading that, it sounds to me like you've really thought it through and are probably mature enough to get one.

I just like to have all options covered before getting such a permanent painting on my body.

485949a73076a_38118n.jpg

It's been done.

I failz lol.

I am confused as to how the tattoo will stay on your fur.

The needle penetrates your skin and the ink is left stuck under your skin layers, around 3 mm deep (that's the perfect depth, too deep and you risk getting permanent injuries and scars, too close and the tattoo fades away).

Woah, looks like I nailed the perfect spot.

But really, shoulders are the most reasonable place to get one - I personally wouldn't get a tattoo anywhere else.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
personally, the way i was raised, i viewed people that have tattoos as punks :/. And that view is probably true, for some of the people with tattoos all over their body, and some of them look weird. That is mostly a religious view but it depends where and how big the tattoo is.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
i want ink all over me arms. face everywhere, see im into monster art thats probably why, i like making people look dead, and i love making them look scary.

and i never want to change that.

but i do understand the workforce, and i doubt i would get perminate tatoes all over me, (you can get semi perm's), i mean i know i would want to change the tatoes up every now and then...

so sujestion to you, you could try a semi perminant one before going full perminant.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
If I decide on it, when I will be more mature I want to get a tattoo on the entire left part of my back, something tribal, which most likely will be drawn by myself. Ah, and, black please :cool:.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
If I decide on it, when I will be more mature I want to get a tattoo on the entire left part of my back, something tribal, which most likely will be drawn by myself. Ah, and, black please :cool:.

agreed, i like tribal stuff, idk why it just looks cool.

i am getting a tatoo of a shard on my 18th birthday on my right shoulder though.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Yeah but tribal is so cliche. I'd rather get something that expresses who I am rather than something that simply looks cool.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
Yeah but tribal is so cliche. I'd rather get something that expresses who I am rather than something that simply looks cool.

..... but i am cool....... so if i have something cool im expressing what i am.....

lol, i know what you mean, thats why im getting the shark.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Eh, imho, the coolest tattoos are on the inside of the forearm (my friend has a spartan there - its BA). And writing on the outside of the ribcage or side of your calf

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Well Andrewgosu, good luck. Make sure not to do what my brother did and get one of those "fuck you dad" tattoo's he got when he turned 18.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.