Other Hacks!

95blojoe

Reaction score
very serious i have tried the 100s of units thing before never a good idea
never never NEVER
seriosly think how many maps you know have 1000+ units ever on the map at a given moment?

Ever thought its just your computer ? :D

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Err. Guys. Food limit is 100. 2v2 melee reaches 400 units without problems (except for a little bit of battle lag). You're all cracked in the head. XD

If units are controlled by code that does things for all units, you will have problems. If not, try not to go over around 300 units. Obviously custom maps can have issues with high numbers of units due to coding. Just do what you find reasonable.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Jesus4Lyf said:
Err. Guys. Food limit is 100. 2v2 melee reaches 400 units
But, you need to remember some units are worth 2 food, some are 3. I usually get around 35 units (including workers) when I play a melee map.

I did have the thought, "What if there was a 12-player FFA and everyone just built peons?". There's 1200 units. If Blizzard didn't want 1200 units, then peons would be worth 2 food. So, I feel Warcraft 3 SHOULD be able to support lots of units. However, doing a test, some units become unresponsive when there are too many units on the map. They turn and face the point you order them to move to, but they don't move. And no, I'm pretty sure it's not my computer in this situation.

And then again, there is also Custom Hero Line Wars, by baka-ranger... that generates lots of units. And, the same situation as described above occurs near the later parts of the game when everyone starts spamming.

Anyway, I could easily increase the population if it is necessary.

I've added a few screenshots to the main post.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, each player can have around 250 units moving at once before command lag sets in for that player. So a limit of 200 per player should be fine!

And so long as they aren't given new orders all the time, connection wise they should also be fine.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Don't forget, even if each player only has like 150 units max, that's 6 x 150 units, 900 in total, :)

Anyway, this sounds awesome. I like the idea, :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
I've made a map to test it, and it seems like WindexIsBack is correct.
If Player 1 has 1200 units, then they become unresponsive.
However, if there are six players with 200 units each, it works perfectly fine!

So, I will make a poll to see what the major preference is (in reference to the amount of units per player)

EDIT: Nah, instead I'll make an option that determines the amount of units.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.