• Its ok

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Its stupid

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I'm working on it, but I'm having trouble with summoned familiars :(. I can't seem to make the summoned unit attack nearby enemy units even though it's following the summoning hero.

Code:
Spirit Dragon
    Events
        Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Spirit Dragon (Level 1)
                (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Spirit Dragon (Level 2)
                (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Spirit Dragon (Level 3)
    Actions
        Set SDF_Move = (Position of (Summoning unit))
        Unit - Order (Summoned unit) to Follow (Summoning unit)

I can't seem to go on since I can't find the right action.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
about set caster- to summoningunit, then turn trigger 2 on
trigger2 [Initially on: false]: Event: every (what ever seconds)
action order summoned unit (variable) to move to summoningunit
somthing like that maybe? Well i just want your version now, and then you can keep working, i want to show my clan the progress and see it for myself.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
ok cool, ill let you know if i get ability ideas while you are making some. By the way, did you get the trigger right. Also i want a timer window to say the persons name and revival time, like in dota, but i cant figure out how to do it because im having trouble with the arrays and crap.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Snatch it from the DotA Template ;). You can have it as a leaderboard/multiboard if you want.

crystalguard

Reaction score
I'm working on it, but I'm having trouble with summoned familiars . I can't seem to make the summoned unit attack nearby enemy units even though it's following the summoning hero.

Code:
Spirit Dragon
Events
Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Spirit Dragon (Level 1)
(Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Spirit Dragon (Level 2)
(Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Spirit Dragon (Level 3)
Actions
Set SDF_Move = (Position of (Summoning unit))
Unit - Order (Summoned unit) to Follow (Summoning unit)I can't seem to go on since I can't find the right action.

hay why dont you do this...

Actions-
Set SDF_Caster_Position = (Position of(Casting Unit))
Pick every unit (withen [lets say 500] of SDF_Move) and do actions
Loop Actions
- If/Then/Else Muiltpul actions
-If- if picked unit = type of [the summonded unit]
-Then- Set SUT_Unit = Picked Unit
-Else- Order SUT_Unit to Follow SDF_Caster_Position

Or

Actions-
Set SDF_Caster_Position = (Position of(Casting Unit))
Pick every unit (withen [lets say 500] of SDF_Move) and do actions
Loop Actions
- If/Then/Else Muiltpul actions
| -If- if picked unit = type of [the summonded unit]
| -Then- Set SUT_Unit = Picked Unit
| -Else- Do Nothing
-Order SUT_Unit to Follow SDF_Caster_Position

One of them should work

Edit: oops Misread the question so nvm,

And i have some custom ability ideas-
Phionix Hatchery- the casting unit sends out a barrage of baby phionixs at targeted unit, and for everyone that hits [the phionixs fly in random directions] it deals X damage per hit.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Hmmm....the trigger will help with my problem? If sop, can you give me the variables you used? For example:

G_G, Array, 0 Value
K_I, Boolean, 0 Real

Like that, can you set the variables you had in the trigger of whatsoever.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
hm sounds similar to stampede but its any direction, i like it, give it to the phoenix hero. As soon a your done with the new abiltiess and triggers, gimme the map, i have a quite a few things id like to edit.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
hm sounds similar to stampede but its any direction, i like it, give it to the phoenix hero. As soon a your done with the new abiltiess and triggers, gimme the map, i have a quite a few things id like to edit.

Dargoth....you sure you're human :p? I can't see how you posted just right after me......

I'm working on it again....as soon as I can get the trigger......but you should work on it for now Dargoth. I'm trying to solve a trigger that may take days to fix.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
ok ill go ahead and start editing it then
edit: why is the strength so low, do you plan on making the attack damage lower?
also ill make the frost wyrm ghostly. im trying something with making another trigger that turns on when the spirit spell is cast it turns it on and when the thing expires it turns off.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
It will be a while before I can make more major changes, because I've been busy with various school related work. So thantos, if you would like to work on it then let me know, other wise ill just let it collect dust in my computer.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I'll work on it for a while.....I'm mostly updating the terrain though. I'd like someone to help me do the spells and triggers for me.

crystalguard

Reaction score
I'll work on it for a while.....I'm mostly updating the terrain though. I'd like someone to help me do the spells and triggers for me.

i Got an idea, Since you said you have an unprocted Dota why not just take some of their skills and modifie them so they fit with the terrain, mainly by adding Speshal Effects of fire and such:D. i know its not much help but i am no good makeing skills

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Yeah, I got an Open DotA, the version 6.41, yeah (Open Source Rocks!) :D!

Hmmm...got any spell ideas we could get from DotA and convert it to Hellfire style?

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Game Modes

When i tested the map on bnet and showed it to some friends i got some good ideas and suggestions, ill have to add there name to the credits, probably under beta testers. I think making the map larger and using the part of the map that we have now as one section of maybe 4 or more sections divided by a black boundary. Then there could be an AOS game mode, a gladiator mode and other game modes. The section we have, would probably be the arena still.

-----------
edit: as for dota im not quite sure on what you could do, because i dont play it that much.

crystalguard

Reaction score
Hay Dargoth: i am not sure if you know or not, But i am Giga:D, how else should i have known all about the map? And i also think i found the problem in the Onmimslash ability but i haven't looked at the triggers yet so ill have to get back to you:cool:

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I've lost a bit of interest in the map and I'm working on my ORPG, so I'm going a bit slow when I work on it :(. Anyways, who has the map and is working on it?

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
i have several ability ideas, i may need help getting some to work. they are:

blink shot (for lava ranger) shoots and arrow at a targeted enemy and blinks back X distance ( i can do this myself)
edit- my friend gave me the idea to make it stun the hero for x seconds make the caster invul then shoot the enemy until it unstuns, then blink back, and it would be an ultimate level 6 ability.
(name unknown, need ideas) for the lava warrior, level 6, creates 3 copies and it self and the copies surround the enemy front the front, back, left, and right, attack once and the copies disappear. I may need help with this.
For the lava thing im thinking about: lava fiend has a 50% chance upon death, to split in to with half all stats, mana, hp, and attack. maybe a level 6 or 10, if it is a normal ability then each level will have a increased chance and it will not be 50%.
anymore ideas let me know, and feel free to comment on the ability ideas.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.