Heroes of Caldavar (Map)

emobroken22

Reaction score
hi guys!

Im making my own remake of the map DOTA which icefrog made. Has similar features but new heroes and remakes. each hero has 5 abilities to learn and the damage it deals is based on the hero's primary attribute so that way, while ur hero grows stronger, so as ur skills..xD creeps and structures are different roshan is changed into another new monster and items and shops had been changed. Though some heroes and abilities are familiar its somewhat different from dota's.

I already worked on some of my heroes and the terrain is already finished (because icefrog released a template of dota in the version 6.60, Thanks to him.). Im just posting it so i would know if some of you guys would like to get it cause im not officially releasing it because i think u guys would like dota much more. Post ur comments here, questions and hero request and i'll give an immediate response!! thanks for reading.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
I suggest you quit the idea of making your own Aos, since you will prob never finish nor open it up for public, and even if you did, sadly most people will never going to play it and calling it a lame copy of dotA.

And if its simulary to dotA with just atribute bonus for each skill, i dont realy think it will be such a great addon to the "original" concept in dotA.

emobroken22

Reaction score
I suggest you quit the idea of making your own Aos, since you will prob never finish nor open it up for public, and even if you did, sadly most people will never going to play it and calling it a lame copy of dotA.

And if its simulary to dotA with just atribute bonus for each skill, i dont realy think it will be such a great addon to the "original" concept in dotA.

that doesnt bother me at all...i dont care about ur stupid opinion by the way...im still making my map and if u dont like it i dont care...if ur just posting a comment on how should i or should not post my map and how lame it is then dont post at all...cuz i dont need anyone telling me how bad my ideas are..just shut the hell up!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

EDIT: scratch that....it did bothered me so congratulations for makin me feel bad...asshole!!

Stringel

Reaction score
I think you should take his comment as constructive critisism, what IceFrog did with dota is an original map with lots of features and a competetive gameplay that everyone loves. Now making a copy and trying to improve what he has done will be almost impossible, lets take a few examples:
counter strike - counter strike source
world of warcraft - aion
halo 1 - halo 2
This are all my personal opinions but what I think these games followed by "-" all have in common are that they're bad copies of wonderful games. Just to give you a tip, dont try to improve a game which is already close to perfect, develop your own idea of a map that's original and got something that other games doesn't so that it doesn't only become that "dota-copy" map, and instead your own.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
i apologize if you found the post "rude" as someone else did... since that was not the intension at all.

I simple said what is truth about almost all Aos maps nowaday, they will all be compared with dotA, useless its a realy originaly idea and concept in a new Aos, it wont be acknowledged by other players.

best regards //polo2005

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
@polo

He's right, im sorry. An website, i read for a short time ago had made a search, and found out that almost 79,4% of all AoS's wont be succesfull.

But Fight On! Furby did it, and look on his map now. Also "Legends" by 13lade619 went out awsome. :D

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
But there's already a DotA like map at the section. And I don't like it copying DotA, how about make your own? And you're not that experienced at world editing. I'm really sure that this map will not be finished and will force you to make new map.

EDIT: Heroes of Newerth is a copy of DotA, Heroes of Caldavar is too. ;P. And don't be such a hothead. I know we always do the trashtalk while playing DotA, but how about reading the rules on this site?

mapguy

Reaction score
people will not play it because they can play Dota.

try doing something different from Dota or you'r just coying regular AOS.

people only play Dota because of these reasons:
- you can join a game and it starts in a few seconds or two minutes.
- the map is popular

you`r map will not have any of it, so, as I said, do something different from Dota.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I agree with everything that has already been said. But to add to it, I think this is probabably a good starting point for you in mapmaking. Even though you may never publically release this map your making, keep working on it. Altering an already-existing map (giving credit where it is due of course) gives you great mapmaking experience.

As your experieince and skill in the world editor grows, start new and original projects that are not copies of already existing maps. While its fine to borrow cool concepts from other maps (and give credit), you want your overall projects to be your own.

Genemos

Reaction score
that's hilarious and totally wrong.

It is mapguy, don't know what you were expecting ^^

OT: Sounds like you are playing around with the WE, and that's just good, do something you enjoy and create a map that you like.
Then it is just an added benefit if it becomes popular. Keep up the work =D

emobroken22

Reaction score
uhmmm let me straighten this up...

1st: i only had the map and doodas, not the units nor heros nor items nor triggers..just the map..xD

2nd:sorry polo, for being so insecure..im sorry im just in a bad mood wen u made that comment, and im really a nice person...once again sorry..i appreciate ur comment.

3rd:thanks to all those who kept sayin to keep workin on my map..i really appreciate it..well i was gonna plan a really really new map..with different concept and all but first i gotta finish wat i started right? +rep to all who posted their opinions.

EDIT: im not looking forward to seeing map being played by alot of people, i just want to bring joy to if not all, some of frozeh throne lovers and players out there.
and by the way...i posted this on the map projects cuz i posted it on the wrong forum.but pls keep up on sending ur comments and opinions.

its true i dont really have relevant knowledge at WE but im getting help from some more experienced editors than me so i think its not that bad, maybe if u guys check it out wen im finished?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.