How would you describe America's culture?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
actually. my private school says that america is going downhill. but eh. America is doing pretty crummy in the academic areas, showing what we do the most.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Not considering economy...

1. I don't care about whether the towns are clean or not. I care about safety. Just to show that looking on the outside doesn't mean it's good.
2. Religious freedom, well yes. I'm not into religion, so I wouldn't mind about it.
3. Top schools...If you have the wealth to spend in those universities and colleges, and you have the grades, USA is your paradise. I'm pretty sure a lot more people aren't in those top schools, combined. Not counting graduated people.
4. All of those business companies are technology-based. I see the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy..., which is economy-based. What about those?
5. Mother Nature isn't allowing us to see that most USA places have nice weather all year around.
6. Undereducated and rednecks...that's an opinion, not a fact. I've been to the South, and some people aren't like what you said. Just not all.

So, in spite of all "USA is the top country" phrases, some people don't really consider it at all. We're just biasing this because of your military defenses and how powerful you are in international organizations...WTO, WHO, etc.

They're my two cents. Plus, they are only opinions. :)

uh #1 I don't care that you don't care? I firmly believe no one cares that you don't care.
#2 uh no one cares about whether you are religious or not either
#3 it's what makes america look so fancy! it is sorta still part of culture.
#4 and? also who cares! it's still part of culture. You should note that the whole world is in a state of recession, not just america exclusively, but America is still more active than any other country in the world.
#5Then go to the places that do have good weather
#6 Meh, when you meet them, there's no going back.

what? Where does culture come in on military.
Also korea has nukes, but does anyone think they're powerful?
Your arguments are irrelevant and nonsensical.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
YourFace, your post makes absolutely no sense. Having clean towns has nothing to do with how good a country is. If America was filthy rich and every person had billions of dollars to spend (ignoring the inflation that would occur) do you think it would be a good country? I sure as hell do. Not to mention that weather has nothing to do with it. There are parts of every country that are nice, just because there's a few vacation spots in USA doesn't make it that much better. And, most of the rest of the world except a hand full of countries have freedom of religion (most of these being Asian countries).

Also, you did not answer the question, do you go to private school?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Having clean towns is obviously important... if you live in a dirty town you will be prone to diseases and sickness. Not to mention it'll just be depressing to go outside of your house.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
uh #1 I don't care that you don't care? I firmly believe no one cares that you don't care.
#2 uh no one cares about whether you are religious or not either
#3 it's what makes america look so fancy! it is sorta still part of culture.
#4 and? also who cares! it's still part of culture. You should note that the whole world is in a state of recession, not just america exclusively, but America is still more active than any other country in the world.
#5Then go to the places that do have good weather
#6 Meh, when you meet them, there's no going back.

what? Where does culture come in on military.
Your arguments are irrelevant and nonsensical.

#1 the OP apparently cares considering he asked for opinions here, to me it seems like your trying to be a douche
#2 as with the first, clearly the op cares, its not all about you. also, it seems like your comparing america do developing countries. shit ton of other countries have religious freedom.
#3 the sorta and ! make it seem like your in denial
#4 again, stating how america has something, and when someone brings up an argument against it, saying who cares makes you out to be ignorant.
#5 is that a serious reply to tommai's statement? everyplace is good if you look at one portion of it. sure india has a lot of famine, but if you go live with the .1% wealthy population, itll be a great place! dont think rwanda is a nice place? im sure there is a hotel there that is nice, so therefore the entirety of rwanda is great!
#6 that sounds pretty prejudice. "ive been in toronto once and there was a lot of black people there so therefore i think all of toronto is now the ghetto and everyone sells crack there on the corner of so n so and yadda. once you see one of them everyone there is like that"

so pretty much you said who cares to every argument that got rebuttled

"what? Where does culture come in on military.
Your arguments are irrelevant and nonsensical"
his military thing was aimed at the us as a top country bit not the culture bit. here il quote that part for you
tom_mai78101 said:
So, in spite of all "USA is the top country" phrases, some people don't really consider it at all. We're just biasing this because of your military defenses and how powerful you are in international organizations...WTO, WHO, etc.

however i agree with having clean town importantness, reasons already stated by sqrage

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
The culture is good and bad depending on where you live and who you meet.
Since it's very diverse, one opinion can't say.
But um... it's okay.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
however i agree with having clean town importantness, reasons already stated by sqrage

The "Clean Town" image I have in mind is a place where there's no flyers, no debris, no newspaper flying around the streets, with none of a bit of dust and tumbleweed...

I admit I didn't consider that "Clean Town" also meant a disease-free, healthy place. :p

ReVolver

Reaction score
You see this man? He looks like he would be from Europe like Germany, Finland, Sweden? well he's from Mexico. But he never went to his "roots" to find who he was because he is part of the Mexican culture. In America, this will be another story, he would claim to be American but the American culture is really hard to figure out, he would rather fly to Germany to see what culture they have there. He is Mexican first then White, which seems to be the opposite in America customs. America seems to target races over nationality/culture because of the mixed religion,language, costumes, etc but Mexico works the same way, we have a mixed heritage of blacks, whites, and indigenous people, but we put our races aside to join together a unified culture, which is what I want to see in America.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
You see this man? He looks like he would be from Europe like Germany, Finland, Sweden?

tbh when i first saw him he looked like he would be from a twilight movie.

@ ur main point, i don't think america can do that. it has a pop. of 300 million, sorta hard to change that much of a population.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
remember that america is called the melting pot of the world, although immigrants only consists of about 21% of the population, i think the amount of cultural diversity in America is amazing.

I think that it only exists in some places.. most Americans don't travel to other countries (and very few if you exclude Mexico/Canada) and only know 1 language (English), I would say pretty much anywhere in Europe you have way more cultural diversity

(I was born in Romania and have many European ties, but was raised in the U.S. since age 5)

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
Well, if you want to visit a university in the USA you have to pay 10-100thousand dollars a year. Also i dont consider these universities as so great since last year some american university people came to our school and told us about the system.
first they said that you stay 4 years at the university. but then again we have 13 years of school in germany and so we would only have to do 3 years at a college/university. i mean, this one year must be worthless because you do the stuff which was done in the last 3 years of school in about 2 weeks in german universities. so how good are these top schools really?
Also there is no social welfare system, many people are living in slums.
And as far as i know there are many poor people and many rich people, but just very few between.
Hm, anyway i dont think america is a bad country to live in.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I always thought that theres no fat people in L.A. but it seems that its not true and I dont know what I should be believing in anymore...?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, if you want to visit a university in the USA you have to pay 10-100thousand dollars a year. Also i dont consider these universities as so great since last year some american university people came to our school and told us about the system.
first they said that you stay 4 years at the university. but then again we have 13 years of school in germany and so we would only have to do 3 years at a college/university. i mean, this one year must be worthless because you do the stuff which was done in the last 3 years of school in about 2 weeks in german universities. so how good are these top schools really?
Also there is no social welfare system, many people are living in slums.
And as far as i know there are many poor people and many rich people, but just very few between.
Hm, anyway i dont think america is a bad country to live in.

Actually, America's middle class is pretty large, and that's the healthiest class to have a lot of without upsetting the economy. Also, people continue to learn throughout college, so don't even think that the last year is worthless. And, I think they must be pretty good top schools considering Massachusetts is one of the greatest cancer research locations in the world.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Stereotypes about America we have plenty:
Fat, stupid, conservative, christian, mcdonalds, high school stereotypes, land of opportunity/liberal market, george bush (how could you vote for this retard wtfomglololol), obama (the hype also reached europe q.q), world police coupled with a bit of arrogance, stanford, no free health care, drive at 16, alcohol 21, gansta/bronx/hiphop scene.
Then there are a few state specific ones everyone just takes for the entire country: Cowboys, surfers/california

Some of them are true, some of them aren't. All of them are generalisations that aply to some people but not to everybody.
Fat is true, at least statistically. Oh god, I just have no respect at all for those 200kg guys driving around on those scooters/"power chairs".
Stupidity isn't really true. Maybe a lot of US people don't know where Austria is. So what? How many Euros know where Alabama is?
Conservativ/religious is true. Alcohol at 21 ololol. Some people actually go to church ololol.
High school stereotypes because all we euros know about US is what we see in movies.

The really good schools in US actually aren't that expensive because if you manage to get in your grades have to be so good you get a lot of scholarship cash.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
In two words; sexy.

EDIT: Honestly, culture makes me sick. I don't know if that derives from growing up in an emotionally distant family or a town where the culture is torturing animals and drinking til your heart stops. I do know it's true. When I'm in the midst of another culture's celebration all I can do is find the quickest exit.

ReVolver

Reaction score
I learned English from California, people say I have an accent from there because people from other parts of USA speak English different.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I learned English from California, people say I have an accent from there because people from other parts of USA speak English different.
Exactly, I learned English from the South. I might not sound like Revolver, but I can assure you I can confuse a Northerner. :thup:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Sounds all the same to me D=

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Sounds all the same to me D=

they're almost the same, but there are subtle differences.

example go to 1:30 in the vid and watch from there
[youtube]3UgpfSp2t6k[/youtube]

P.S that is NOT what canadians sound like. maybe newfoundlanders, but i dk.

if your wondering here is how newfies talk
[youtube]12lCfrsYIfc[/youtube]

you get rep from me if you can actually tell me wat he is saying.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly, I learned English from the South. I might not sound like Revolver, but I can assure you I can confuse a Northerner. :thup:

I'm sure you could confuse us, I have no idea what you southern folk are talking about.

Not to mention I have a small boston accent, so yes, I pahk in the harvah'd yah'd.

I vote for thread split for all these accents?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.