Entertainment I am Legend

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Finally, someone corrected the percentages.
Go Pineapple!
I saw this movie, loved it.
I remember reading something that there were some people who were infected but they took some medicine that made them human in the day, but daylight bothered them and stuff and at night they turned into the zombies, and it was them that captured them
I give it a 9/10

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
note this is coming from a 13 year old
well i saw the movie yesterday day didn't sleep well last night lol well
90% off the earth population was killed 9%turned into Dark seekers
ans the last 1% was immune to the virus completely that's what i remember
and only k9 dogs where immune to the air born virus

it's a great movie just the end gets a little boring the last 30 Min's till about the last 5

DNT READ UNLESS SEEN MOVIE
Man when SAM when into that apartment with the Dark seeker my heart was beating so fast it was really scary there :eek: but it was my favorite bit :p

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Movie was great and action packed...

Fred part was hilarious He Pwned that Dummy up real good :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Oh, i got a reason to bring this up. I bought the novel to read and finished it yesterday.

And, they are vampires, it says in the book, and on it, plus the cover has guys with vampiric teeth.

Also, this movie was nothing like the book. The only slight similairity was the disease.

book: 10/10 - it is fairly short, they dont waste your time with pointless crap.

Movie: 8/10 - it was interesting.

Book then movie: 1/10 the book would ruin the movie. But if you have seen it i highly suggest the book.

Reaction score
I just watched it on DVD. Boy is it interesting. Had a twist kind of in the end with the grenade and everything. Watched it with my dad and he said he liked it. Makes me want to have my dog with me the whole time now.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
The only bad thing about these movies... is that it makes you want to have a kickass dog companion.

Rad

Reaction score
Am I the only one who wasn't pleased with this movie? It wasn't great at all. It had some very lousy parts, and the only few memorable parts were the two sad parts.

"Look mommy, its a butterfly! We're fleeing the city worried for our lives and everyones screaming but look what I can make with my fingers!"

Are you freaking kidding me? This seems like it was added in after the script was written

And its somehow supposed to tie in at the end with her tattoo? Was it just me or would he have given her the cure anyway? Totally unneccesary.

I watched the DVD version which rapmaster said featured an alternate ending...

but WHY doesn't he just take the pin out of the grenade and then go in the vault/passage?

There were only a few good combat parts, and what was with the lion family in new york!?

Plus it doesn't give you much of a glimpse into how the survivors are doing.

6/10

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't like it either.

Very unintelligent. Stupid movie about stupid people, imho.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
@ Rad -
The lions are there because, the Zoo...
If there are no more humans in the Zoo, animals can get out.

It did show how the survivors tried to live before being eaten but the dark seekers (The zombie people).
While in the beginning he went past tanks that had posters that said God Will Save Us and while he was looting buildings, you see the bags or w/e on the rooms who got the disease 1st

And its somehow supposed to tie in at the end with her tattoo? Was it just me or would he have given her the cure anyway? Totally unneccesary

Mainly because that was a religious seen, she said "It was god who sent us to you"
Then the Will smith character said "God has nothing to do with this"
So really he thought that he was the only one who could fix this.

But with the butterfly and all that, are Gods messages (Apperantly)

I loved the movie, but like you guys were thinking,
why didn't he go with. Probably for the Heroic part of the movie, that he sacrifice his life for the cure.

Prometheus

Reaction score
but WHY doesn't he just take the pin out of the grenade and then go in the vault/passage?

If he just went into the safe place, the infected would still try to attack. They simply wanted him dead. Simple creatures, simple desires.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
If he just went into the safe place, the infected would still try to attack. They simply wanted him dead. Simple creatures, simple desires.

But they are not 'simple creatures' they were suppose to be fairly intelligent.

Rad

Reaction score
Because of the zoo?
They infected the dogs, the lions running around, are they immune to the disease? He should have stole their blood then.

And the butterfly parts were just too obviously "staged", the best way I can describe it.

Prometheus

Reaction score
But they are not 'simple creatures' they were suppose to be fairly intelligent.

Only one of them seemed to have any brains, and he was killed.

Because of the zoo?
They infected the dogs, the lions running around, are they immune to the disease? He should have stole their blood then.

Whos 'they'?
The creatures?
And, whos 'he'?
Will Smith?
Your questions make null sense to me.

Rad

Reaction score
Yeah that didn't really come out right did it? :p

They infected the dogs -- The lions running around... are they immune to the disease? He (THE MAIN CHARACTER) should have stole (the blood of the immune lions).

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Oh, i got a reason to bring this up. I bought the novel to read and finished it yesterday.

And, they are vampires, it says in the book, and on it, plus the cover has guys with vampiric teeth.

Also, this movie was nothing like the book. The only slight similairity was the disease.

book: 10/10 - it is fairly short, they dont waste your time with pointless crap.

Movie: 8/10 - it was interesting.

Book then movie: 1/10 the book would ruin the movie. But if you have seen it i highly suggest the book.

I cant fully agree with this.

The book was pretty close to the movie in consept. One survivor of a plague in NY, tries to find a cure. Yes, there was some major differences, but not completly changed.

My problem with the book is the second half, it showed life after vampires won..... half the book.

The book was slightly better then the movie, but reading the book first doesnt ruin the movie. If your expecting a movie to be exactly like the book then idk if you've realized, but that never happens.

Either way, I Am Legend was one of the few good movies that came out since last summer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.