Entertainment I am Legend

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I cant fully agree with this.

The book was pretty close to the movie in consept. One survivor of a plague in NY, tries to find a cure. Yes, there was some major differences, but not completly changed.

My problem with the book is the second half, it showed life after vampires won..... half the book.

The book was slightly better then the movie, but reading the book first doesnt ruin the movie. If your expecting a movie to be exactly like the book then idk if you've realized, but that never happens.

Either way, I Am Legend was one of the few good movies that came out since last summer.

You clearly never red the book.

The movie is way to different. The vampires are smart, know where he lives, he goes around killing them. He had no dog companion, there were no other survivors, the vampires were smart, he was not a doctor, his wife was killed by the virus, etc... There is one similarity, his name.

And wat second half? After the Neville dies the book ends.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
One of the the few good movies that came out since summer?

I couldn't disagree with you more.

C

Cryo

Nether, to be a zombie u must be dead and be mindless, zombies a special characteristics other undead seem not to have. Also Vampires in reality can go in the sun all they want, and the are living. The sun thing is a total myth, like other legends and creatures it is exaggerated.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Nether, to be a zombie u must be dead and be mindless, zombies a special characteristics other undead seem not to have. Also Vampires in reality can go in the sun all they want, and the are living. The sun thing is a total myth, like other legends and creatures it is exaggerated.

So, you are a master in understanding zombies and vampires? Both of which are mythical creatures. What does that mean? They dont exist. So how can there be facts and myths about them? They are what ever the artist wants them to be. :rolleyes:

I can write a story aboutvampires that are evil gophers that eat french fries... Note to self...

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
You clearly never red the book.

The movie is way to different. The vampires are smart, know where he lives, he goes around killing them. He had no dog companion, there were no other survivors, the vampires were smart, he was not a doctor, his wife was killed by the virus, etc... There is one similarity, his name.

And wat second half? After the Neville dies the book ends.

clearly I have an extended version or something, I have a second half-
anyway- he does read about the virus and tries to figure that out (he was testing blood in the book with a microscope he found, he used books from the library to study how blood works) , he had a dog companion for a short amount of time (ther was a full chapter given to him trying to win the dogs trust), and he did have another "human" companion for a short amount of time (plot twist). Yes, the vampires were much smarter in the book, but also much weaker. In the movie the vampires are not as smart, but are still pretty organized.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i found the move quite enjoyable, i've heard nothing but "the ending sucked!" but i found it quite enjoyable, and even a person like me who hates when moveis try to throw a religious purpose into them didn't mind the whole butterfly/tattoo sign of god bit. It was there to show that the character had changed, he had gained belief in everything he had done that there was hope beyond simple survival.

on a side note

the City is NOT a good place to be...

there are way too many dark places and shadows in the city, he should've gone out into the country (where most the survivors were held up)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
clearly I have an extended version or something, I have a second half-
anyway- he does read about the virus and tries to figure that out (he was testing blood in the book with a microscope he found, he used books from the library to study how blood works) , he had a dog companion for a short amount of time (ther was a full chapter given to him trying to win the dogs trust), and he did have another "human" companion for a short amount of time (plot twist). Yes, the vampires were much smarter in the book, but also much weaker. In the movie the vampires are not as smart, but are still pretty organized.

He tried to win over the dog, then he kidnaps it, and then it tell us the dog died a week later. No much of a companion.

As for the human companion, thats why it doesnt count.

C

Cryo

when u say "don't exist" do u mean never seen one or have there been actually evidence of there not being a zombie, and remember the word "exaggerated".

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
when u say "don't exist" do u mean never seen one or have there been actually evidence of there not being a zombie, and remember the word "exaggerated".

And if you want to get technicall anything 'can exist'. How would you know what they can and cannot do?

Bartuc08

Reaction score
technically speaking Zombies and vampires could exist, through a series of several medical anomalies...

There have been reported cases of "zombies" in Haiti. if i remember correctly it is achieved from the mixture of two chemicals/drugs. one to make the body in a near death state and the other to make the body have no will of it's own.

as for vampires thats where things get a little more technical.

theres a condition called Solar Urticaria were the person suffers allergies caused by the sun, i'm not sure if it's strong enough to actually kill someone from too much exposer, but there is the possibility. The "need" for blood can be caused by a psychopath, serial killer, masochist, or all the above that have a taste for blood and suffering. I'm sure u can find an allergy to garlic.

although possible, Vampires are probably one of the least likely things thats going bump in the night.

Bartuc08

Reaction score

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Find and read a book called Sweet Blood. It's a lot easier to understand after you read the main character's theory of Vampirism.

C

Cryo

Vampire is just a human that needs drinks blood, it doesn't even need to be with fangs with is another "exaggeration" gold old Hollywood came up with, Hollywood thank you for your great films of exaggeration, myths, comedy's, terror, and nudity:D<3.

P.S.-there are many "witch doctors" that use puffer fish and part of zombie powder, It' seen that the poison of the fish called Tetrodotoxin seem to "reactive" some cells in the body, the qualification of a zombies thought is just a reanimated body with no brain function. What makes it move is probably just pure instinct of the cells, although this is a just theory the puffer fish thing is not.

P.S.S.-The soul is porbally still in the body

P.S.S.S.-Are souls real? well ask your self:)

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
watched it the second time on dvd my heart beat didn't even flinch i new everything what was coming only really a 1c off scary movie but it's only scary with huge surround sound and a projector

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Vampire is just a human that needs drinks blood, it doesn't even need to be with fangs with is another "exaggeration" gold old Hollywood came up with, Hollywood thank you for your great films of exaggeration, myths, comedy's, terror, and nudity:D<3.

Completely and utterly incorrect.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
There is no set rules for vampires, except a few things that are widly accepted.
Vampires are a form of undead, they drink blood.
Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Ah, so having your jugular bit into, and having your blood drained isn't dead.
Okay, I'll be sure to test that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.