I swear, I HATE people who think high pings are laggers.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It's so stupid.

I joined a favorite game of mine. The game wasn't half filled yet.

He pinged us and found two people me and another guy with 100 ms.

(I usually get 300 ms ping, but it looks like my internet got faster)

then he kicks us both.

I joined back and asked him what pings are...

All he said was, you're retarded, you'll lag.

Then I said that people with 20 ms could lag while others with 400 ms wouldn't.

Yet, he kicked me saying that I was retarded.

He gave absolutely no reason why he believes high pings are bad.

In my personal experience, I've proven to every pinger that they shouldn't depend on pings.

Some people are just too ignorant.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I discovered long ago that the intelligence of the average human being is just below that of the ordinary igneous rock. That is all.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I discovered long ago that the intelligence of the average human being is just below that of the ordinary igneous rock. That is all.

Qft.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
100 ping is okay.

250 ping and above is the one that needs to be kick and banned.

No.

Gawd, let's have everyone get pinging bots so they can ban everyone who has 250 ms ping.

Let's see if they'll like that.

No they won't.

People who think that way deserves to be banned from battle.net for that kind of ideology.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
The majority of laggers are those who mangle their bandwidth by downloading everything under the mininova sun.
I don't boot people up to around 130-150, because my ping usually receives people at 20.

It's those morons that are downloading that give high pingers a bad rep.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
100 ping is okay.

250 ping and above is the one that needs to be kick and banned.

I think banning seems a little extreme, don't you think? I usually have about 30-50ms, and I have lagged out plenty of times.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
100+ ping is quite fast enough what was the catch? if it goes 200 then its lag......

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Nah, lag is from downloading too many things, or switching to skype/MSN or what ever to chat while playing. It has nothing what-so-ever to do with ping. Besides, 80% of the people 's IQ is not bigger then the size of shoes that they wear.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I download at 160 kb/sec, fast enough to play any game fine.

100 ping is low for me. I have wireless internet, and my ISP doesn't have the greatest ping either.

So I sometimes have a 300ms ping. Yes, it does interfere when I'm playing a first person shooter type game, but it is not lag or anything of the sort, it is simply delay.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
In my experience in war3, pings like 300 do result in delay. Obviously the person with the 300 ping doesn't notice it :)

I know the game has some built in tolerance for latency so as long as you are keeping up with that, you are fine but it's just a matter of the odds: someone with a lower ping *probably* has a better connection. Plus some hosts use tools that reduce the built in latency level to make it seem more like a LAN game.

Daicos

Reaction score
I rarely RARELY lag in games
And yet my ping usualy is 100-200
And because of this I tend to get kicked by Autohost bots
Even though I probably will not lag
I agree with Vicboy

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ping checks the delay between the host and you. If you have it high, you will most likely have a disturbing delay.

The host in OP's story is a dumbass indeed, but stop worrying. If you play a popular map,then join someone else's game. If not, then host one on your own.

Pings are usually correct when measuring delay, however Latency is still better, in my opinion.

The point is, no one "has a ping".
It varies from host to host, because it measures the connection, and not your computer/internet.
If it's high, leave or get kicked, join something else.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
whining about it isnt going to help, people will get kicked for pings whether or not you like it. Its the same as government control, you get it even if you dont like it.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Kicking for high pings is stupid HOWEVER

Some people leave beacuse of the delay

However some do not

So if its a high paced game were delay will surley be ur dimise then there would be no problem kicking 200+ pings

However if it is low paced action then high pings do not matter that much

it is at the inconvience of the high pinged player anyway :rolleyes:

And yes the world is getting dumber every day... Reminds me of the movie idiocracy :p

Hellohihi

Reaction score
I'm from Singapore and i usally have 20-40ms when playing with hosts from the same country or neighbouring country. I never (very hardly) ever lag in a game or disconnect.

However hen playing with hosts that are from united states or somewhere far away, i usually get about 100ms. I get delays ranging from 1-5 seconds. Sometimes i get lag spikes too.

I find something really really weird tho.
When i use my torrent, that downloads stuff at like 200-500kbps per second.
I will lag and delay heavily while playing on battle.net
However, if i play on garena, surprisingly, i have 0 second delay and no lag at all. wow?

I have a 100mbps connection, speedtest highest result for me was 166.83 mbps.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/427386129.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/427380154.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/427384901.png

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Kicking high ping makes sense. When you are playing a game like Dota and there alot of people who will join your game, you will kick people that are more probable to lag. If you see some one with 100 ping, then kick them. Why? Because, specifically for Dota, it is very easy to find some one with a ping of 50 or below within five seconds. So why take even a small chance with higher potential lagger, than to simply kick and have some one else come within five seconds? Yes, It does suck for people who have high pings but that's how it is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.