Ice and Blood

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I must say, this game is pretty sexy.
If you want, I could make you Models, which are especially made for this Game.

Please tell me, if you need something.
Just request it :p

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i am a long way from adding new content atm, sorry, but thnx for the offer, if I need something, I will let you know

emjlr3

Reaction score
Beta 2 has now been uploaded, along with a few various screen shots of the maps terrain

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
The Terrain is Good, no doubt, but these Blizzard Cliffs looks kinda ugly... I personally like to use rise/lower/plateu/smoothen/etc. tools, they make good cliffs :)

emjlr3

Reaction score
yell at Ace, beggers can't be chooser I always say, and I thought it looked fine anyhow

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
What's AoD? Because yesterday when I was scrolling through B.net games, I saw a game being hosted called AoD but I forgot what the name was. Could it have been the same?

This seems cool but I have an objection to what you said in your first post, "your favorite green being". My friend is a green vine and I like him more. But you are second. :p

J/K! You probably all think I'm crazy now... :nuts:

From the screenshots provided, the terrain looks pretty good as well as the doodads and things. I'm gonna' go try it later after I do my HW.
GOOD JOB AND GOOD LUCK EMJLR3!!

(I just discovered something: LJ! See it connects!)

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
I only played it once in singleplayer now, and seemed to be nice. One question yet, why must the units have very low damage but high attack speed? If at least they don't have flashy missiles (they are not too flashy, but still a bit).

emjlr3

Reaction score
What's AoD? Because yesterday when I was scrolling through B.net games, I saw a game being hosted called AoD but I forgot what the name was. Could it have been the same?

This seems cool but I have an objection to what you said in your first post, "your favorite green being". My friend is a green vine and I like him more. But you are second. :p

J/K! You probably all think I'm crazy now... :nuts:

From the screenshots provided, the terrain looks pretty good as well as the doodads and things. I'm gonna' go try it later after I do my HW.
GOOD JOB AND GOOD LUCK EMJLR3!!

(I just discovered something: LJ! See it connects!)

Aeon of Dominion, if you check my profile you can find a link to it. Have not seen it hosted very much myself, only a time or two, pretty neat game though I thought, some people really liked it

I only played it once in singleplayer now, and seemed to be nice. One question yet, why must the units have very low damage but high attack speed? If at least they don't have flashy missiles (they are not too flashy, but still a bit).

it was just something different to add to ranged units to make them a bit unique, if you think they are flashy now, you should have seen them before, lol :)

look at the difference between beta1 and beta2 in their missile models :)

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
Well we tested again yesterday, all I think it needs is:

Essential

• Allow multiple ppl to pick same Hero at once, during Hero Selection. 12 ppl +6 Heroes can be very frustating.
  • Add more Heroes, pretty obvious one, but just dont stop now, when the map is finally starting to become so awesome.
  • The creep layout is a bit dodgy on the top left, Im speaking about the top left beacon, whenever the top team walk to the beacon from their base they get attacked by the creeps.
    Please move the creeps just above the beacon slightly to the left, to give a clearer path
  • A few more items would be great, just like AoD1, 1 or 2 secret shops around the map would be great.

Extras

Lastly, I preferred the AoD1 attribute system, it was just alot easier & smoother.
I believe it was something like this?
- Taking damage gives you +strength
- Attacking gives you +agility
- Casting Spells gives you +int

I personally find constantly having to distribute attribute points more of an annoyance than a blessing.
So please re-install the old system :p

emjlr3

Reaction score
  • its only 10 players, but yes I agree, I need to work on that hero selection, weren't you posed to help me with that???
  • more heroes, no shit, blurg, they are so damned time consuming in this map heh, and its so hard to come up with something unique....
  • ill check into this creep problem
  • more items, ofcourse, interested in trying to lend me a hand developing a new uber/upgraded/recipe item system??? I really wanted something different then, make a recipe and it transforms, or simply buying something new. AoD was neat because enemy heroes dropped glyphs, which allowed you to get uber items. it mad it a little more unique, and not as straight forward, but I dont think I would want to do the same things again
  • AoD's system was a bit more, self sufficient, there was no maintnance, I wanted to try this one out simply because it gave you more freedom, as opposed to needing to take damage to gain str., you just need to level, which all heroes can do, if you have a better idea, that isnt the AoD method, let me know

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ok, I finally got the time to test it, and it was as great as others said. Good job! :D

But I noticed something: everything is so beefed up. The range units (the ones with super speed and 6-9 damage) are kinda' imba. 2 of those can take a tower's health down like 1/10 each time. Maybe you could make it more damage and less speed or increase the health and armor of the towers.

Also, the panda was crazy! At rank 1 immolation-related skill could already do 64 dps because the other units were so beefed up that he lost all his health quickly. All I did was get myself to 200 health and run around enemies, creeps, and things and they all died in like 5 seconds. You should... maybe change the skill slightly.

Last thing, isn't the map a bit small? You can get across so quickly, it makes the game tend to end faster, even if the teams are balanced and fair.

Besides that, great job! I wanna' try to have a multiplayer game, maybe that's why everything seemed so rigged.

emjlr3

Reaction score
ending quick - that is sort of the idear :)

well, u have to attack for get attacked with panda for imo. to be helpful, ubering up creeps is one thing, when enemy heroes around, well thats anther entirely

i am thinking of lowering towers damage and upping their hp, they hurt, bad, but can fall easily if done correctly

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
Yea the small map size is what makes it good, nice & fast paced this way.

Looks like we'll need to start bashing out some Hero ideas then, or just check the gold mine that is the Dota site, assuming your still gonna add a few Heroes.

emjlr3

Reaction score
yeah, lowering damage and raising health would do good.

glad u agree

Yea the small map size is what makes it good, nice & fast paced this way.

Looks like we'll need to start bashing out some Hero ideas then, or just check the gold mine that is the Dota site, assuming your still gonna add a few Heroes.

id like to, some day....or think up a better map idea heh

Hey, I could make some good heroes up.

don't bother ATm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.