Ice and Blood

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
So you're saying that the stat bonuses are so balanced that it doesn't matter which stats I skill?

no, but the shear number of different outcomes it baffling, so i highly doubt there is a best standard everyone should use, taking into consideration how one wants to play
putting everything into str will make you a tank, but then u don attack fast, and cant cast for shit
balancing them all makes you well rounded, but what if u want to make a casting tank str hero this game, and next game make him all out attack speed?
now you can

When the outcomes are not equally strong, how's that not supposed to be a balance problem?

not everything is the same, though i doubt there is a high and mighty superior, as stated above

What promotes team play? Not pausing the hero?
I could as well say that pausing the hero forces the team to send another hero to defend the one that captures the beacon.

pausing gives limitations, u go and u cant do shit, u cant decide what to do on the fly
what promotes team play is, needing a team to take/or hold a beacon, if your against a good opponent, send 1 guy and u get stomped, send a few, while another tries to keep the enemy busy, is something else

Put them in camp mode should do the job.
Or remove them. :p

camp mode?

Gameplay/Balance > Realism
Well, I made many melee maps, so maybe I'm a bit too strict when it comes to balanced layouts...
It's just that the layout is so... well random and irritating

i wasn't trying to be real, i was trying to be different, the majority of AoS's are symmetrical, mine is not, its not unbalanced, I don't think, its not ugly, i don't think, its different

x number of tics between this point and that point is not needed, 3 camps here, 2 there, 2 there, as opposed to 2,3,2 is not needed either
look at the big picture
the creeps meet in the middle, there are paths to travel and camps here and there
get in there and fight, and stop worrying about whether or not it takes you 15 steps in that direction, when the other hero only needs to take 14

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
camp mode?

Thats when you select the unit and have 2 options.

Regular or Camp

it just changes the acquisition range (like from 500 to 200) so that it doesn't go running off when units enter the vicinity

emjlr3

Reaction score
beta released!!!

if someone is interested in making me a minimap mage, plz let me know!

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
this is what im w8ing for

how did u maintain the file size, even if u have some imported models

because my map has models, and the file size is 2.1 mb optimized to 1.7 mb

emjlr3

Reaction score
MDX squisher

prolly saves me about 20-40% of my model size

and the majority of the models are effects, which are under 10kb

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ok...i understand

but i used black_stan's model...not all but mostly :p

anyways ill try this map at home

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
blood seeker (is that the name? the blood mage model guy?)
does his first skill really that imba?

a level 4 of his first skill can entirely blows out a creep wave
like im calling it Blood Bomb :p

also for his ulti....where do i cast it? enemy or allied? because when i target it at allied, it gives me an error saying....you must target it to a friendly undead unit, and when i targeted it to the enemy creep...it does nothing

emjlr3

Reaction score
i cannot remember off the top of my head atm, but it should be all enemies, period

it should do stuff, did last time I tested it

I like "blood bomb"

its different, because it can only be used where there are dead creeps, so its stronger for that reason, you can't just run up to a hero anywhere and nuke em for 300 damage, you know?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
i cannot remember off the top of my head atm, but it should be all enemies, period

it should do stuff, did last time I tested it

I like "blood bomb"

its different, because it can only be used where there are dead creeps, so its stronger for that reason, you can't just run up to a hero anywhere and nuke em for 300 damage, you know?

Blood Bomb is also one of my Favs atm.
Ummm... Somehow, I don't realy like the Beacon System... It's close to that in Tank wars or whetever it's called... Kinda a Rip off, but yet again, that's my Opinion.
_____
As I was playing with a Friend of mine, I was like... 'Your Hero is so Ugly, it deserves to die' *Falls in a Lust fo Killing Spree*
~When skin turns Blue, you know your Time is through...The fairly Blood that runs through you, it's time to die, when Skin turns Blue...

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
1v1 against our very own Ninja Sheep.

We both took the death knight.
Ninja skilled 7/0/0 and I 1/5/1 each level. (Str/Agi/Int)

emjlr3

Reaction score
ok then
with 2 relative noobs, you tried different stats, fight each other 1v1, with no teams(this is first and foremost a team game), and 1 hero was better then the other based on stats a lone

no shit.....

and I love how Ninja, randomly, 5 mins in, after just standing in a lane, goes this is stupid, what a duesh bag

and I never said if 1 guy goes all str, and the other all agi, and if they fight 1v1 they will die at the same time, that is one of the most retarded assumptions I have seen from you, other then saying that I said doing something like this would leave heroes of equal strength in a duel

you guys had no items, you did not creep, you did not use beacons, upgrade your army, or play with a team

this is not a level up to level 10, and duel game.....

rofl and at 5 min Ninja goes, we should be at least level 10....give me a break

and at the end, Ninja said something relevant actually, that you took int, which was useless, you guys dueled 1v1, and each used a skill once, you need no extra int to do that, as seen by Ninja, take all that int, throw it into hp, and see the diff

in the end, at a lvl 9, no item, no team, no microing, crap creeping, 1v1 duel with absurd stats from the lot of you, all str was clearly superior in killing an enemy hero of the same type, 1v1, faster

you made your point, clearly...

remember, I clearly stated that this allows you the freedom to pick any play style with a hero, and go with it, you picked a duel play style, but did not "go with it", thus you lose

thank you please come again

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
First of all, that was a demonstration, it was never meant to be a serious match. And all you're basically saying is that it doesn't matter as long as it's not a real match?
See, I'm trying to figure out why the heroes are suddenly supposed to be balanced in a serious game.

>"and 1 hero was better then the other based on stats a lone"

Yeah, no shit. And what's going to change this in a real game?

"you guys had no items,"

I told Ninja not to buy items...
Items? To balance heroes?
Sure, if you go all strength then buy some items to increase your attack speed and armor. If you go agility then buy some stuff to increase your hit points. So much to hero diversity...

>"you did not creep"

How's that supposed to help? The strength hero is better at creeping anyway...

>"you did not use beacons, upgrade your army,"

In which way is that related to our topic?

>"or play with a team"

We agree that I was at the disadvantage 1v1? Then please tell me how team play is making the situation "more fair".

>"we should be at least level 10....give me a break"

Hm, because the "gap" between the heroes was getting larger each level... it was just an example...

>"that you took int, which was useless, you guys dueled 1v1, and each used a skill once, you need no extra int to do that"

Yeah, you're right. In a normal match that would have been an advantage for me.
I just doubt that this difference is able to equally balance the heroes. As I said in the first post, it would be awesome if that was the case, I just think that's almost impossible to balance.

>"take all that int, throw it into hp, and see the diff"

Yeah, sure, the difference would be smaller. The exapmple we made was maybe a little extreme, but it was possible, that's what counts imo.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not dooming your stat system, I bet there are many possibilities to evolve the heroes without creating larger imbalances, but I also think that there are many ways to "ruin" your hero.

>"you picked a duel play style, but did not "go with it",
>"and I never said if 1 guy goes all str, and the other all agi, and if they fight 1v1 they will die at the same time, that is one of the most retarded assumptions I have seen from you, other then saying that I said doing something like this would leave heroes of equal strength in a duel"

Not like I ever assumed that...
So I increased mainly agility. How am I supposed to play then?
I had high armor which turned out to be worth crap because I had no hp. I had a good attack speed which turned out to be useless because I dealt no damage.
Does it help me if there are creeps around us? Or other heroes? Why? I just fail to see the advantage in a real match.

emjlr3

Reaction score
I'm not dooming your stat system

there is also more to it then just, each go 1 way, and one hero is stronger at 1v1 then the other

you can change your playstyle mid game to reflect changes that need to be made to win, for ex.

Yeah, no shit. And what's going to change this in a real game?
cuz a real game is not a 1v1 hero duel

In which way is that related to our topic?

the fact that you turned a team AoS into a 1v1 duel

there are many ways to "ruin" your hero

agreed, if someone is a tard, they desrve to lose, its a competitive game, not pick a hero and everyone wins

I think one of your main probs was also microing, there was a good time durign your duel that he was beating on you and you were running around, I did not check your skill sets either

think of this, you two heroes meet in the woods during a real game, both at half hp
he was all str, had 900 hp left, but no mana left to cast spells cuz he was playing a real game
you were a good mix, had 600 hp left, but enough for two spells
you cast armor and ulti, and wack the shit outa him
once he realises its time to piece out cuz hes getting owned, you cast your slow(cuz by now your higher int has rejuved your mana so you can cast another spell), slow him, and beat him to death as he attempts to run

just another ex.

trigger_newb

Reaction score
Meeee Luuuikeeee
BLEEPing Love It
If You Improve It
It'll Be The New Dota
love the stat system
everything is perfect
dont take, put in

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
It'll Be The New Dota
this is not going to be the next dota, because this is going to be the next AoS in town, we dont compare our projects to dota, we dont want to make dota as our guide on how cool our map is, all we want is our map as is, our map has 1 name, a name without the suffix or the prefix called 'dota'

back to topic
ive got a question, where did u get those models? im really searching for an undead tower, not the spirit tower

also why are the 2 ranged units attack so fast, like they can entirely destroy the base with their fast attack, and also the towers are weak, they deal more damage, but has low on hp and defense

emjlr3

Reaction score
can you give a rough estimate
of when the map will be done?

nope

back to topic
ive got a question, where did u get those models? im really searching for an undead tower, not the spirit tower

also why are the 2 ranged units attack so fast, like they can entirely destroy the base with their fast attack, and also the towers are weak, they deal more damage, but has low on hp and defense

Rinpun made them all for me :) they were not released
they have very fast attack but low damage
I do not think towers are too weak, IMO, but your entitled to your opinion

trigger_newb

Reaction score
i think ill host this a lot/very frequently on b.net
but then..... i wish i could play this map when its like a little closer to completion

lol i also suggest you make a bit more heroes
i dont think a bit more than 6 is enough

LOL **EDIT ** LOL
i have a really really really really retarded request: can you make a hero with a model of a spirit eagle (beast master summon) and with the attack missile model of a corrosive breath :D:D:D:D:D:D:D (plz!!:D)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.