Icon multiboard little question

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
has any way to put icon in multiboard without preset the string?

What i mean is, if have some method to 'get icon' of unit/item/whatever and use it without say what icon is...

thx in advanced :p

Nexor

Reaction score
You must set it somewhere, the path for the icon, as far as I know, there is no way to get the icon path from a unit :S

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
the unit is just a example xD

i really want the 'item' part...

set 4293748934 strings is a bit strange

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
surely you wont use "4293748934" items in your map :D

maybe 50? unless its an rpg.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is a string native to find the string of icons and such, so maybe you can find it somehow.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
what native?
Yeah, tell us please, I wanted to ask the exact same question ...

If there is no way to get the path of an item's icon or something, you could just create a hashtable and register the icon paths manually.
Yes, it's a lot of work if you have much items, but the eyecandy effect of heaving a multiboard change icons is worth it, if you ask me. :>

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
The only thing I could find is [ljass]GetAbilityEffect[/ljass] which returns the effect path string. There seem to be no getter for units or items.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Wait, almost dead? :S Where do you live? xD
Let's face it: Every serious mapper will convert to SC2 when it is released. And let us hope such tools will not be required in SC2, because the editor provides all necesary functions on its own ...

Anachron

Reaction score
But SC II != Warcraft. In fact, you do not have vJass there and I guess there will be to much bugs. Why switching to a beta product when you can just use the old one which works? We know all bugs and features of wc3 (or atleast most of them), and a new product will throw us about 7 years into the past with mapping.

So tell me, is it really worth to switch instantly?

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
But SC II != Warcraft. In fact, you do not have vJass there and I guess there will be to much bugs. Why switching to a beta product when you can just use the old one which works? We know all bugs and features of wc3 (or atleast most of them), and a new product will throw us about 7 years into the past with mapping.

So tell me, is it really worth to switch instantly?
Because - if the SC2 editor really has all the features that were promised - you can do everything you could do in WC3 in a tenth of the original code length.

Imagine how much effort you need only to create something like unit stats and properties. Or writing spells, missile systems and - most important: buffs. And let us not forget how much bugs and engine-flaws there are in Wc3 that are UNSOLVED until now:
- the whole camera thing is a MESS
- there are only workaround methods for creating fullscreen-systems - and they are crappy slow anyways
- You need annoying, complicated workarounds (by abusing the stupid morph abilities, which come with a LOT of bugs on their own) for changing unit object data like attack range, type, etc. ... and let us not forget that there are sometimes things that can not be changed even with morph (like the hero main attribute).
- the graphics engine sucks (annoying graphic bugs with multiple omnilights)
- no Midi-support (I hope it will be there in SC2)
- almost everything, you write in JASS is amazingly complicated, just because there are no simple things supported like: a *working* sleepaction, passing of arrays as function parameters, passing parameters to code inside a call (like TimerStart, where you can not pass parameters to the called expire-function), sometimes not existing events (why the fuck is there no unit-leave-event?!), etc.

SC2 will be a HUGE upgrade to WC3 editor, I think - just as WC3 editor was a huge update compared to SC editor was. And yes, there will be bugs, but i'll gladly accept them if I can get rid of those annoying wc3 JASS limitations.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.