problems in 1.24

pneric

Reaction score
hey sorry if i couldnt find the right thread for this one, im really frustrated now and i need any help i can get.

so we all know of the recent 1.24 patch, it just made everything so bad. im having problems when i test my map in NewGen editor, at first i thought it was the EGUI because i recently installed it at the same time as i did with 1.24 patch, NewGen loaded fine, but when i CTRL+f9'd to test the map, an error occured (pics below). what's happening? i dont understand the error types of a windows OS. what also got me frustrated is that i reinstalled everything again, but this time not loading GUI: so just the standard, WC3 then patched it to 1.24, then opened NewGen, same error. so im thinking this might be the patch thats giving me a problem. anyone care to help? :(

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

megma

Reaction score
For me, NewGen bugs the maps created with it. Makes playable players = 0. So instead, do this, in normal WE, open up your map, and open up the EGUI map that you download, then copy the parts of the EGUI function(s) code(s) you are using, then place them in the Custom Script portion in the trigger editor when you click on the (mapicon)"name of your map here" it will look like this.

eguicoding.png

pneric

Reaction score
For me, NewGen bugs the maps created with it. Makes playable players = 0. So instead, do this, in normal WE, open up your map, and open up the EGUI map that you download, then copy the parts of the EGUI function(s) code(s) you are using, then place them in the Custom Script portion in the trigger editor when you click on the (mapicon)"name of your map here" it will look like this.

nah no problem with the bugs etc. i was just testing out a new map again to see if it would load, in NEWGEN, the same errors i posted above happened. but when i manually load it in warcraft 3 and play the game file, it works. the problem is just its so much hassle not being able to test the map in NewGen, i have to save the map, open up WC3 and run it. anyone have the same problem?

pneric

Reaction score
did you update egui

yes i did, i got the latest one if im not mistaken, since i only knew about it after 1.24 was launched. NewGen alone wont let me TEST MAP properly without getting the errors (pics above), NewGen with EGUI also gives the same errors. my only way to try out a map is actually saving it and running it via WC3.

pneric

Reaction score
can you load it from single player XD?

yep! i most definitely can, but that means i have to SAVE whatever i'm creating in NewGen and clicking on Arthas' head, press SINGLE PLAYER, CUSTOM GAME, find my map etc.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
egui was actually updated only about 4 hours ago to work with 1.24

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99641

dont dl from the "install thread," he forgot to update the link in that one

Shh. I didn't remember. >=O

Slow down on the bumping buddy. There's a 24 hour minimum between each bump. You don't have to bump every day though. Maybe every two days or so -_-'

Does the EGUI.w3x map load with Test Map?

pneric

Reaction score
test map doesn't work at all (if you mean CTRL+f9) even a blank map wont work :/

Normal World Editor - Test Map Works
NewGen w/o EGUI - Test Map wont work, dunno why
NewGen w/ EGUI - Test Map wont work

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.