Other Project Nethershard

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Preview v0.02: Fixed saving.

For those interested: the bug was caused by Map Optimizer

Legacyspy

Reaction score
Personally I love the terrain featured above, it is very peaceful/balanced. Dunno what that really means, but i like it.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
This is one of the only promising projects on this site; I *demand* you continue working on it.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
didnt read all the replys here but just tested the map and the concept and the actual map looks awesome but the terrain sucks :>

if you need a good terrainer and dont fin one that you trust more than me (lalz :>) i would be glad to do the terraining for ya

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Sorry for being a noob but if I edit my post will it bump this thread and make someone notice it/give us an update on it? Because that would be AWESOME.

Just asking.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
No, edits just keep the date as the post itself. :p

You have to load another map to get good items? Sounds annoying, :D.

He'll update when he's ready. ;) :) I'M WAITING!

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
I'm still working on it, but since I'm also working on Undead Assault 2 and lurking these forums a lot, it takes time :)

Anyhow, I wasn't planning on bumping this until it had more "meat" (the juicy type), but since someone else bumped it now: I won't release it until it is absolutely perfect.

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
This sounds seriously cool mate :thup:
I'd love to play it when/if it gets finished :)

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I would rawr at you, but I looked at the project...

and I concur. It's an amazing concept! :thup:

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
>
Well there's already a map called IMPOSSIBLE BOSSES! made by Psyris... but... yeah lol.

I find that map quite boring, it's not very creative skills and no unique dungeon shape.

Anyway back on topic, this map series seems very rigged. Someone new to the game will be incredibly weak to arena's which they may like more than dungeons and will not like losing to epiced out players

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I find that map quite boring, it's not very creative skills and no unique dungeon shape.

Anyway back on topic, this map series seems very rigged. Someone new to the game will be incredibly weak to arena's which they may like more than dungeons and will not like losing to epiced out players

IB-Topic: Well, maybe that is because you have not uh... climbed to the skill and success of beating the game! With friends it's fun. :) And it's not supposed to have a shape, that game focused on gameplay, not terrain.

On-Topic: Most games are like that. Everyone new is weak. Remember, this is a multiplayer game, meaning a lot of different people will play, especially if hosted on b.net. There'll be a wide variety of people, new and old. And the Arena is 6v6 with teams, so you're not entirely alone in level and stuff.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Merowlin

Reaction score
Merowlin: So how exactly will the items benefit the players without disrupting balance?
Magentix: Short term buffs with a cooldown: +spelldamage, +reflection chance, small bonusses that make a difference in an equally matched fight.
Merowlin: How will you solve the distribution of the shop map? knowing the community, they won't bother unless it's hosted on b.net.
Magnetix: The offline shop will be known as well since the online maps will show a link to where a player can find the offline map.
Merowlin: There's still a concern for balance... I've been spinning ideas for a very similar map. Problem is, wc3 is quite limiting in "gameplay skill" when it comes to hero vs hero settings, if we're going to place levels and statistics in the equation...
Magnetix: As for balance: Currently, balance is the main goal, making sure that items "help" fighting, but they won't dominate fighting completely. Some characters may have an easier time to solo, but team play will always result in the more perfect gameplay. Example: A druid can "shield" a warrior with a return damage aura, the warrior doesn't tak any damage but his assailants do (from the aura). --> Team work overcomes being outnumbered.

This is from... july 2008 :/

EDIT:
I would rawr at you, but I looked at the project...

and I concur. It's an amazing concept! :thup:
Yeah, I'd be rawr:ing at myself, but this is just... Too good to be canceled! This map HAS to be finished... Anyone want to pick up from where he left off? If he did indeed discontinue the project that is :p anyone knows the status on Undead Assault 2? :O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.