Reasons Why "You" Hate DotA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heko

Reaction score
Well i got nothing against the Map but I wanna hear why "You" guys hate it so much.

D

demon

it gets SOOOOOO old after a while!!!! How many times can you see on WCIII b. net "DOTA COME NOW" do people ever get tired of that map that I thought was already stupid in the first place?

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Hosts are to pickey: DOTA COME NOW NO NOOBZ/DL/BANLIST ON/NO LEAVE OR BAN

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
true...but to be honest there are SO MANY dota games that its almost impossible to find what are you looking for :rolleyes:

anyway i hate it because it simply takes people away from other cool maps...other AOS and etc.

the better question is: What do you all like about dota SO MUCH? What makes it so unique...so special?

Kenak

Reaction score
Most of the map modding community hates DotA because it makes it so no other new maps have much of a chance. The map isn't even done that well, so people don't completely understand how it's constantly hosted. It's also unbalanced.

I like the game from a WarCraft player stand point, but from the point of a map maker I hate it.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I don't understand why people care so much what someone else thinks about a map...Christ...This is like the 10th thread on either why people hate DotA or AoS's or whatever.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
True Conan, but easy posts :p

I find dota interesting, but works on a lot of the negative charecteristics of players. I find a lot of idiots who say things like "liek omg no way noob i like teh h4x0r5 and like omg!!!! noob! noo0b b0o0b omg haha boob! woman have those!"

Mainly because it is so horibly unbalanced that someone gets that chance to kill ppl over and over again and feel all secure about themselves that they feel they "can back up" their hollow threats and such.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
People like DotA because of a concept called 'chance 2 own'

Its the satisfaction of killing someone and pissing them off.

Agreed, it is so much fun going around as naix/clinks and geting 50-0 :D

A

Anteep

eek did some1 call the DotA?

Ah i hate DotA becuz its incredibly boring, u go around with a dumb hero who can buy stuff for high price and it does 10 - 20 hits to enemy hero/unit and the computer guys always kill the hero/unit when ur about to kill it and reap the gold off it - and it dont share!

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
oo man how should i start to sya the reason why i hate and like dota. Lets start with the like:
1. I think dota is the easyest game to find because i use to play sheeep tag and barly anyone host it.
2.Its fun why?because i like to only play with heros and do mircos. thats why i like dota.
3.It is a very balanced game except for niax an spearit breaker but other then that its fairly balcend.
4.I love the game modes(most is DM)
5. SPecial spells. i dont care if they had ripped every sincle off of w3sear.ch
6.Exreame skilll is required.
7.combinding items.
8.There is fawless in the game.
Now lets go on to why i hate the game
1. I meet the most dumbest people in it.
2.Partly inbalacned
3.When i play i meet noobs.
4.high level of friends playing together.(cause amazing combos of heros that can do things like 25 second stun)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
why do people hate it so much?

Sargon

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
3.It is a very balanced game except for niax an spearit breaker but other then that its fairly balcend.

2.Partly inbalacned

25 second stun)

Make up your mind! :p

M

megablue

Well, hearin' you guys say they ripped off spells in wc.sear.ch or wtv makes me lower their rankin' =). Now either I go play vampirism or just occasionally a dota game, i work on my project that, hell, is takin' so long...

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
You guys just need to do what I do, ignore dota! It works amazingly well. True, there are times when its hard to do because there's so many, (I have a screenshot of the whole box filled, though thats not very rare) but once you do, you realize there a re a lot of other games out there! I regulalry get into game I like because I have a lot of games I like, and trust me It's hard to have enough maps to play since you have to dl, but if a 56ker like me can do it, anyone can. Play europa, stronghold, stronghold builder, wmw, tree tag, sheep tag, kodo tag, circle stronghold, vampirism, etc. whatever looks fun.

Lizidian

Reaction score
not sure if this was mentioned but... one reason i really hate dota is because no matter how nice the people seem in the beginning of the game they always turn out to be assholes in the end :( not to mention they bullshit so much lol

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
ppl always leave after I own them....gets annoying, after playing 5 games in a night, none of which last more then 30 minutes cuz I rock the other team so hard..... :( .... sometimes it's such a pain being a beast....and no matter how many ppl I banlist, there are infinite more that will leave just the same waiting to take their place.....

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Problem is that you all are playing pub games. Pub games are complete trash with the worst players and leavers.

I recommend stopping by Clan TDA @ US EAST. Its designed to weed out leavers and afkers. The majority of people in that channel do not leave games. Yes, a lot of them suck, but compared to pubs they are pretty good. You need to have an Icon or be safelisted to join the channel. They might also have Clan TDA on US WEST, this one would not have the icon requirement.

The best solution is to find a clan and inhouse with them.

So in conclusion, pub players suck the most ass and its no surprise you hate DotA because your playing with them!

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
TDA is 10 X worse then Pub games (that's another reason why I don't like Dota). Them and there shitlist and abusing its use.

You - "Sry, I have to go, it's urgent."
TDA - "You leave, you'r listed"
You - "Comon guys, its realy important."
TDA - "You will be listed"
You - "Comon, my mom's sick in the hospital."

You leave

TDA - "Shitlisted."

Or you get disconnected from Bnet, you'r listed.

-edit-

SD_Ryoko said:
Opression
Main Entry: op·press
Function: transitive verb
1 archaic : SUPPRESS b : to crush or burden by abuse of power or authority
2 : to burden spiritually or mentally : weigh heavily upon
synonym see WRONG

burden by abuse of power
BANLIST = OPPRESSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.