RuneScape Open RPG

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
when u say graphics suck, are u referring to RS2 or RSC? , but anyway, i agree Rs has gone downthe crapper, everyone that goes theyre is an asshole (or so it seems)

DAMNIT THE IDIOTS ARE INVADEING THE INTERNET!!!!

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
when i beta tested the rs2 for members i really wasnt impressed i was surprised i still liked RSC better, well thats in my opinion. NOBODY CAN TAKE OUR OLD RUNESCAPE!!!!!!

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Both sucked...

Anyways, im totally clearing out your map... this will include regions, units, terrain, doodads, tileset, cameras, player starting positions, map size and camera bounds and maybe some other htings I havn't listed.

Why?

Because your current terrain is hideously ugly and poorly set up and I think it will be far easier for me to start small from mid and work out, using runescapes map. Some parts will not be included and of a relativly small size... I don't know but to make up for this you can scale units down aswell as their movement speeds...

I will try to follow runescape map as best I can and add regions naming their corresponding area as named by runescape programmars.

Don't worry about law suits because they have a hobo game, I doubt they could afford the paper for a law suit. :p

Edit:Not best I can... just not crappy. This seems to be too big a map to put in war3... I'm going to have to cut out a fair bit and shift things around.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Yeah, im not much of a terrain guy, i know much a lil bit about triggers, units, and spells (im learning more on spells)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically all the gameplay will be re-vamped other than before. There is going to be more value in weapons from now on. You are going to be able to TOTALLY customize your hero. Add skills, get items, get stats.

Weapons will work like this:

Bronze Longsword
[Damage: 7][Speed: 2][DPS: 2.3]

The game will run like DPS as in Damage Per Second, so it will kind of damage them every second for that amount of damage.

Armor will work like this:

Bronze Platemail:
[Armor: 3][Physical Block: 2%][Damage Reflected: 0%]

If you have more questions on the items system please ask.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Sorry I hate double posting but heres an example of a skin i made for the RPG, its going to be a Dragon Knight guard for the towns...

Hes holding as in runescape (some arent in) Full Dragon and a Rune Long Sword :)

pictureofdragonknight4og.png

Bartuc08

Reaction score
good thing your redoing the econimc system , thats the main reason why runescape suck now, back then 1k was a whole lot, now its like 1 mill = 1k(in old times)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Well in the RPG the economy will be way different and balanced, i'am going to make it really hard to find items except beginning items of course, like with mining you dont have a 100% chance to get the ore. Also the money will be valuable, so I'am going to make it saveable, although there maybe a longer code than usual.

[ Im taking a break now while awaiting the terrain :) ]

Also, about farming how do i make it so if the item is in the region it will disapear in a matter of time and replace the item with somethign?

edit: CRAP I DOUBLE POSTED!!! :( i should pay attention :/

Kenak

Reaction score
When does the testing begin? And are we testing for bugs or balance, or are we playing and giving suggestions?

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Still waiting for my terrain, I've finished a basic layout, and now im adding shape and some very simple blending with terrain on.

Pathways from one to another and cliffs will be added next.

Then fill up citys with terrain and other stuff like house doodads, then working on areas around pathways from one to another, then filling up stuff around it... then adding some extra islands and such and affects in regions like snow and wind and all that crap that people like.

Also I will be adding some imports...

Going to use a cut jem model, a glowing orb model, and a sorta lump model... it can be our ore.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Jimpy said:
Still waiting for my terrain, I've finished a basic layout, and now im adding shape and some very simple blending with terrain on.

Pathways from one to another and cliffs will be added next.

Then fill up citys with terrain and other stuff like house doodads, then working on areas around pathways from one to another, then filling up stuff around it... then adding some extra islands and such and affects in regions like snow and wind and all that crap that people like.

Also I will be adding some imports...

Going to use a cut jem model, a glowing orb model, and a sorta lump model... it can be our ore.

hey u can always use that red crsytal lump thing, (not sure whats its called) and shange the color to white, green, and blue, and then use orbs as the cut version

R

red_rabit

if you nead i can help if you cenimatics or other stuff
:shades:

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
How the Game Works:

PvP: Since there will be no wilderness I'am going to add a duelling system a little similar to the RuneScape Duelling System, there will be an arena where you can duel people. But to duel people they MUST be in the duel arena boundary. Like when you enter the duel arena you will get a skill called 'Duel' you can use this on a player to duel them if they accept.

Economy: The economy will be difficult to use, like you must do skills to get more money really. The more money the better stuff you get. You can also find rares from monsters but this will be a difficult task to do so. There will be armor stores and weapon stores, and general stores all over the world so you can buy the minor items, the rest you must find on your own. If you want to be the best player of RuneScape Open RPG you must work hard, or you will be the worst. The amount of gold you can get in the game is an infinate amount. There is going to be a 'money trade' feature where you can just give the player the amount of gold you want without having to click.

Combat: The combat system will be based off of your stats, weapons, and armor. The higher the stats the easier, the lower the stats the harder. There are going to be a number of really tough monsters in the game and some easy. Like slaying dragons? They arent so tough? Guess again!

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Okay MeRcChRiS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW WEAPON SYSTEM:

Weapons will work like this:

Bronze Short Sword
[Speed: 2][Damage: 5][DPS: 2.0]
Type: Sword
Weight: Light
Metal: Bronze

The weight requires a certain amount of Strength.

Being able to hold heavier weapons will be tough, but you should be able to handle Light Weapons at level 3-5. You should be able to handle Medium Weapons at level 20-40. You should be able to handle Heavy Weapons at level 60-80.

Light: 10 Strength
Medium: 50 Strength
Heavy: 100 Strength

How does a character work?

Well, you get a hero. Just a random hero with no skills or anything and 5 to all stats. When you get a level up each stat goes up by one. Every level you gain 5 lumber. Which can be used to get more stats or spells. Every spell costs 5 lumber, every stat costs 1 lumber.

Like you can be level 1 and have 5 to all stats. But when you level you only get 1 to all stats. But you also get the lumber along with that so its like you get a stronger character each level.

edit: Development site: www.rpg-design.net

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Im going to revamp almost every feel in the game system again! Yet I will make the game much easier in everybodies point of view.

Economy:

Level 1-3 Monsters
--------------------
Drop 15-20 Gold a drop
--------------------
Level 4-10 Monsters
--------------------
Drop 50-80 Gold a drop

So on and so on

Battle:

Im still going through with this, im not yet sure on how the battle system should work yet :/

Weapons:

Done ^-^ Look in top Posts

Armor:

in the game the max armor is 99 each armor
[Armor: ##][Block: ###%][Effect: $%@!]

Bartuc08

Reaction score
i read a bit then i just had to say somtheing, first of all if your saying that gaining a level levels up everything, well that just plain completly SUCKS!

what would be interesting i if u have a way to record Xp that way working on theiving or whatever will not level up your agility, or better yet, fighting will not give your herblaw skills, it just doesnt make sense....

W

what666said

Bartuc08 said:
i read a bit then i just had to say somtheing, first of all if your saying that gaining a level levels up everything, well that just plain completly SUCKS!

what would be interesting i if u have a way to record Xp that way working on theiving or whatever will not level up your agility, or better yet, fighting will not give your herblaw skills, it just doesnt make sense....

much better idea. Track EXP as variables based on what players are doing and level them accordingly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.