Should women be drafted into the military?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
That's like medieval, man. Women are just as good as men and deserve the same rights. It's the 21th century..

Not physically, though. Not to say that women can't be strong, but they don't build muscle mass as efficiently as men, and therefore may have less endurance when required to do things of heavy manual labor, such as maybe the same example I used and everyone ignored, running through a desert in 110 degree heat with no wind unless there's a sandstorm or some fucking thing while someone is shooting AK47's at them in full body armor and uniform with a hot helmet on and possibly over 50 pounds of other gear on along with carrying a rifle or something really heavy like a Javelin or SAW, and possibly having to also carry a teammate with the same gear on, plus his own body weight, a hundred and fifty feet to behind a wall, while having to get pretty damn fast (welcome to the world of infantry, which is what most people ever drafted will be)... Which is what it comes down to when you get back to the topic of drafting instead of how feminist you have to be to be a radical.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You also said such things as: "Feminism is ignorance.
Sexism is the exaggeration of the obvious" and "I strongly believe that the women who think they deserve the exact same rights as men, should be slapped with a shovel." Maybe I misunderstood you..

My answer:

Not physically, though. Not to say that women can't be strong, but they don't build muscle mass as efficiently as men, and therefore may have less endurance when required to do things of heavy manual labor. Which is what it comes down to when you get back to the topic of drafting instead of how feminist you have to be to be a radical.

Of course I don't mean little jobs like being a shop clerk.

But would you want a woman to operate on you?
Why aren't there as many woman scientists as man ones?
Why don't women work as construction workers too?
Why can't I carry and give birth to a child?

Seb!

Reaction score
Not physically, though. Not to say that women can't be strong, but they don't build muscle mass as efficiently as men, and therefore may have less endurance when required to do things of heavy manual labor, such as maybe the same example I used and everyone ignored, running through a desert in 110 degree heat with no wind unless there's a sandstorm or some fucking thing while someone is shooting AK47's at them in full body armor and uniform with a hot helmet on and possibly over 50 pounds of other gear on along with carrying a rifle or something really heavy like a Javelin or SAW, and possibly having to also carry a teammate with the same gear on, plus his own body weight, a hundred and fifty feet to behind a wall, while having to get pretty damn fast (welcome to the world of infantry, which is what most people ever drafted will be)... Which is what it comes down to when you get back to the topic of drafting instead of how feminist you have to be to be a radical.

But don't you think that some women would be more physically able to do this than some men? If certain women are unable.. then let them fail the physical. But the truth is that there are going to be some women that can hold their own in combat. I don't think that a lot of men have the necessary abilities to fight in close combat. This is why (there shouldn't be a draft, and) if there were a draft, it should be along an ability divide rather than a gender divide.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
But don't you think that some women would be more physically able to do this than some men? If certain women are unable.. then let them fail the physical. But the truth is that there are going to be some women that can hold their own in combat. I don't think that a lot of men have the necessary abilities to fight in close combat. This is why (there shouldn't be a draft, and) if there were a draft, it should be along an ability divide rather than a gender divide.

you think theyd care about the inability to perform, if theyr calling in a draft, it means theyr in desprit need for soldiers, at that point things will be extreamly different.

Seb!

Reaction score
you think theyd care about the inability to perform, if theyr calling in a draft, it means theyr in desprit need for soldiers, at that point things will be extreamly different.

Well, in the past (thinking of Nam, here) you have to take a physical first.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
I believe woman deserve all the same rights as men but with that we also deserve the same consequences as well to me. So if the draft is manadatory, woman should be part of that as well. In my opinion, If you would do or say something to a guy, you should definitly do or say it to a woman. So equal rights, equal consequences are deserved. :)

Undead Me

Reaction score
This thread is scaring me. There seem to be people on it who believe that women are natural inferiors of men and the feminists are somehow extremists. I thought bigots like that mostly died out in the 20th century and that we who favor equality of opportunity in this century would only have to demolish their fossilized works wherever they pollute society, not actively combat a group which truly favors oppression, stereotyping, and claims that women should have a separate sphere.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Once again, I stand by what I said before. I fully, 100% believe in equal rights for woman as well as men, but if feminists and such are going to fight for equal rights, they should have equal responsibility's as well.

Varine

Reaction score

Which is why there is training, which is for men more intense than for women because in general women do not physically do as well in such jobs. The Army is not and, I think, should not, adapting to the different social mindset of the world. It still has the basic principles (at least in general from my experience) of men being the upkeepers of the household, while women do the things required to keep the household running, only in application to the nation. The mindset is that if a man isn't in good enough shape for the job, then they will make him be.

nabbig2

Reaction score
Which is why there is training, which is for men more intense than for women because in general women do not physically do as well in such jobs. The Army is not and, I think, should not, adapting to the different social mindset of the world. It still has the basic principles (at least in general from my experience) of men being the upkeepers of the household, while women do the things required to keep the household running, only in application to the nation. The mindset is that if a man isn't in good enough shape for the job, then they will make him be.

-The mindset is that if a man isn't in good enough shape for the job, then they will make him be

Okay, then why not train women to be in good enough sape for the job if they originally aren't?

-The Army is not and, I think, should not, adapting to the different social mindset of the world.

Would you mind telling us why not? The military consists of human beings and citizens, just like everybody else in the country. There is a simple sexist attitude for the draft, and like Seb! said, the draft should be based off of ability, not sex.

Varine

Reaction score
Okay, then why not train women to be in good enough sape for the job if they originally aren't?

women do the things required to keep the household running

Because the military also has to be strict and confined. I don't want to have a battle buddy that didn't get through Basic easy because his life was different. Everyone in your class is the same.

Faust

Reaction score
Isn't the training for women is easier than the training for men?
And training is necessary.
Females are not as muscular as males. That is quite obvious and if you don't agree, you should bury yourself.
The difference is evident. Yet if they required the same training... Women would most likely not pass (except for a few maybe).
Watch sports... Like athletics. 100 meter sprint. Compare the best man and best female records.
Women could not pass the training of men, therefore they are not accepted into the military. Why the hell would they be drafted then?
So, the "sexism" of the army, is quite... logical, is it not?

Of course this is only true if the male and female trainings are not the same (but as far as I know and remember, they are not).

Undead Me

Reaction score
Soldiers in the army do not need to be Olympic athletes. They need to be extremely fit and very strong. But they don't need to be the best in the world at any particular thing (Such as 100 meter sprint as you brought up). And they aren't.

Females do not have the same tendency to build LARGE muscles as males, however LARGE muscles are not the same thing as EFFECTIVE muscles. My father is an athlete, he runs in triathalons and marathons and does well despite being over 50 years old. But he does not, and never has had large muscles. If you feel his arm it feels like a bar of iron and he is very strong but he does not have the large muscles you claim are necessary to be athletic. So basically, not all men have the ability to build large muscles. And some women do. So if large muscles actually mattered the draft would have to exclude anyone like my dad. Which it didn't. So large muscles are irrelevant. So an athletic and strong woman should be allowed in.

Varine

Reaction score
They need to be extremely fit and very strong. But they don't need to be the best in the world at any particular thing (Such as 100 meter sprint as you brought up). And they aren't.

He never said that. He said look at the records. There is a huge difference between the two. He means that women are, in general, not physically as capable. The Olympics is an extreme event where everyone involved is going to push themselves probably harder than they ever have, and men, in general, do better.

That is why women and men do not have the same physical requirements. To pass basic, you have to score at least 60 on each of the courses (for the Army, not sure about the other branches). Like for me, when I joined, I had to do at least 42 pushups in two minutes, 53 situps in two minutes, and 2 miles in like 16 minutes. Women, on the other hand, have to do 19 pushups, same situps (53), and have like 18 or 19 minutes for the run. And it does change depending on age too, older you are generally the less you have to do. I've met a lot of men that can't even do 19 pushups, let alone in 2 minutes, and even more women that can barely do like 10.

And no one said women can't join, they just can't have every MOS and aren't drafted. And I've never really met a woman who was upset that they don't get to do the grunt work, honestly. I imagine they don't see the appeal in running around in 100 degree heat with pretty small water rations while in full gear. That part isn't very much fun.

KillerChi

Reaction score
Women have 1/3 the muscle mass of men.
(Looking for citation)
Testosterone(say that 5 times fast)has a major part of it.

Though, for the most time, I don't believe in drafting whatsoever.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.