System Simulated Hashtable

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
I'm just wondering, will it be finished one day, before the official patch release ?

I lol'ed.

Btw, this system is completely useless. You should not use the Hashtable functions right away and the H2I -> GetHandleId() switch just take a few mins to do. So, If you are using Table already which you should do then it's just to update it and you're done. No need for silly workarounds like this one.

Gwypaas

Reaction score
Useless for you but maybe useful for others.

Useful for people with bad coding habits. GJ the most useless sytem ever! Promoting bad coding habits FTL!

Btw - You actully reinvented the wheel with this system, this actully looks like your own modified version of Handle Vars which should never be used.

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
Useful for people with bad coding habits. GJ the most useless sytem every! Promoting bad coding habits FTL!

Btw - You actully reinvented the wheel with this system, this actully looks like your own modified version of Handle Vars which should never be used.

Looks like you didnt really understand what this is for. Its just for using it in the maps until 1.24 and then just remove it. So there is a use for it. But actually i think its not necessary because I for example just use 1 central H2I function which i had to change which wouldnt be more work...

Gwypaas

Reaction score
Use Table and just update that and you'll have the exactly same thing that this does but with a much better interface and coding behind, that is more efficient than this shit.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
Use Table and just update that and you'll have the exactly same thing that this does but with a much better interface and coding behind, that is more efficient than this shit.

i don't think i have ever seen you do something other than ranting about other peoples stuff, how about being a little bit productive instead of destructive.

Gwypaas

Reaction score

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
So yes, I've made far more advanced stuff than this shit.
These methods are inline friendly
JASS:
method GetDistance takes real x, real y, real z returns real
    return SquareRoot((.x-x) * (.x-x) + (.y-y) * (.y-y) + (.z-z) * (.z-z))
endmethod
Gwypaas, you don't even know what is and isn't inline friendly.

You wrote a projectile system that runs slower than TT. Seems like getting something approved on wc3c is overrated.
do something other than ranting about other peoples stuff, how about being a little bit productive

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I'll approve this currently, because this is actually quite useful - I needed to use this thing at least two, three times.

killerbee123

Reaction score
Nice job kingkingyyk3.

Do you think you could make something like this only the reverse? Meaning Gamecache to Hashtable. This would make it much easier for users to convert their maps from 1.23 to 1.24.

Edit: Something similar to what's being done in this thread.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You probably can't. You'd be redeclaring native functions. =|
Besides, gamecache works fine in 1.24.

killerbee123

Reaction score
You could append something like _ht to all of them as to not conflict with the natives already present.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> It can... But it will not compile.
facepalm.jpg

> You could append something like _ht to all of them as to not conflict with the natives already present.
Then the system would be pointless.
If you're going to be renaming the functions anyway, you might as well use hashtables.

killerbee123

Reaction score
I think the hashtable functions take different parameters than gamecache don't they? I was thinking it would be easier to do a simple find/replace with _ht than going through each one having to change it entirely.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.