Slark's Pounce (Nightcrawler)

emobroken22

Reaction score
Pounce - Surges directly forward and latches on to the first enemy he hits, binding it with chains of darkness. The chains works as a lightning and prevents a unit from going beyond 225 distance i think...but as it tries to go beyond that distance the unit is kinda pulled but its walk animation is still playing....

Does anyone have an idea how this works?? i mean its easy to make a leap trigger but not making units go beyond a certain distance while its walk animation is playing....can someone tell me how it works?? As much as possible i dont want to get involve in vJass cuz im not good with it only in GUI...help O_O!!Thanks to anyone who'd like to help..:)

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just let it check every .07 seconds or so to detect whether the target has exceeded range from the Pouncer or not. If ever it did, set a point and move the target unit using "Unit - Move to X/Y" instead of "Unit - Move to point" But you'd have to get the X and Y coordinates first.

I am sorry though, but I totally forgot how. But if I remember correctly, it's can be used as a custom script! (so no need for JASS)

emobroken22

Reaction score
Just let it check every .07 seconds or so to detect whether the target has exceeded range from the Pouncer or not. If ever it did, set a point and move the target unit using "Unit - Move to X/Y" instead of "Unit - Move to point" But you'd have to get the X and Y coordinates first.

I am sorry though, but I totally forgot how. But if I remember correctly, it's can be used as a custom script! (so no need for JASS)

haha thanks for ur reply...is the difference between moving unit instantly and moving a unit by getting the X and Y of a point is that it doesnt iterrupt actions??meaning that a unit will still be walking even though its being pulled? i think i saw something custom script of moving unit by X and Y in some post..ill look for it.,.thanks!!!

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
uhh thanks......is this all??

Do it periodically,

and I got a mistake, GetUnitX and Y will make unit move.

create a real variable then set to a constant value which is the X of target, vice versa.

Something like this:
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
    • Set RealX = (X of Point)
    • Set RealY = (Y of Point)

And then something liek this

Trigger:
  • Test
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call SetUnitX(udg_TargetUnit,udg_RealX)
      • Custom script: call SetUnitY(udg_TargetUnit,udg_RealY)

Don't forget removing the leaks.

emobroken22

Reaction score
well you need to check if the unit is outside the leash range, if it is, set the distance of the unit back.

This can be easily done using

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133865

Periodically check distance between where the jump landed and the unit that got pounced. if dist is greater than 300 or something, SetDistanceToXY

thanks cleez but i have my own method of doing that and im not a fan of vJass sorry...but ur help is much appreciated +rep!!^^

emobroken22

Reaction score
Do it periodically,

and I got a mistake, GetUnitX and Y will make unit move.

create a real variable then set to a constant value which is the X of target, vice versa.

Something like this:
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
    • Set RealX = (X of Point)
    • Set RealY = (Y of Point)

And then something liek this

Trigger:
  • Test
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call SetUnitX(udg_TargetUnit,udg_RealX)
      • Custom script: call SetUnitY(udg_TargetUnit,udg_RealY)

Don't forget removing the leaks.

once again u've helped me so much...hahha thanks like a million times xD...

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
well i guess that works but that way doesn't allow the pounced unit to move within the leash length. (You should be able to move freely as long as you arent too far away from the center point)

thats how it works in dota, if you dont care about that feature then its fine

SanKakU

Reaction score
yeah, i saw a trigger a while back that slark's spell reminded me of...

jonnny's broken spell pack from before 1.24. a ball and chain. pretty fun, not exactly JESP worthy though...but fun, nevertheless.
it was written in jass so it might not help you much if you only do gui.

emobroken22

Reaction score
yeah, i saw a trigger a while back that slark's spell reminded me of...

jonnny's broken spell pack from before 1.24. a ball and chain. pretty fun, not exactly JESP worthy though...but fun, nevertheless.
it was written in jass so it might not help you much if you only do gui.

haha it looks cool !!though i dont do jass....hehehe "wish there was a way to convert jass to Gui..."hahaha xD

emobroken22

Reaction score
well i guess that works but that way doesn't allow the pounced unit to move within the leash length. (You should be able to move freely as long as you arent too far away from the center point)

thats how it works in dota, if you dont care about that feature then its fine

cleezz... thats how ill be doing it...ill just set a variable to the position of the target when catched and then the periodic triggers...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.