Minigame Spirit Wars

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I like the music idea. Definetly we will add it in the next version. (the default warcraft music themes) But.... other then that, no way. Filesize is one of the top things on my list. The smaller the better.

Reaction score
Has anybody found any other issues? I'm asking because the next version is going to be, this time, the last stable update where everything is fixed so it can be ready for new features and such...

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
[del]Replay of a multiplayer? or single player AI? :) I'll try host this map on Garena and see if anyone joins lol :)
So far, no one is interested. DotA Freaks!

Ok. I hosted, but one person said, "It's a DotA room, not spirit wars, or Rabbits vs SHeep room! Host DotA".... well, I didn't expect anynoe to join.
I did rename the file to DotA Allstars 6.59d so people would join but then they saw and said "WTF" and left :([/del]

I managed to play it with one of my friend! At first to get people's attention, I renamed the map file to DotA Allstars 6.59d, which got some people but then they left realising it wasn't DotA. Then when I did play a game, the replay file now needs DotA Allstars 6.59d:

File path: C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\DotA Allstars 6.59d

Rename Spirit Wars to DotA Allstars 6.59d.

It's only 1v1 but. One was 3 players FFA but he left.

--------------------------------

Questions from me:
How do you set teams? Me and my friend wanted 2v2, against the computer.... I typed in -tm2, then everyone became allies... even the computer.

The waterfall has no water under it? Some of the rocks are floating. Mana Shield as first skill in 1v1 is hateful!

Also, you can see floating text when a player gets spirit energy or shield, which reveals enemy location....

BTW, my friend was playing on laptop, with no numpad, can you fix something about this? So it uses letters or something.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you for the replays and feedback. +rep.

Now -tm2 means 2 teams of 6 people. The first 6 players will be allied.

>Mana Shield as first skill in 1v1 is hateful!

It has 60sec stock delay. Players shloud have bouth it at first.

>BTW, my friend was playing on laptop, with no numpad, can you fix something about this? So it uses letters or something.

Known isue... Well... we.. I mean Tyrande is trying to fix it. Sadly no luck here...

Reaction score
> Ok. I hosted, but one person said, "It's a DotA room,
Erm, there are RPG rooms as well where other games are hosted... :p Thanks for trying to host it, and for the replays.

> How do you set teams?
-tm2 picks the first 6 players and the other 6 and puts them in two teams. -tm3 picks the first 4, second 4 and last 4 and puts them in three teams.

> Mana Shield as first skill in 1v1 is hateful!
Why did you get mana shield? It doesn't deal any damage at all... :D I think I've stated in the 2nd post not to get non-damaging spells since you can't get blood crystals from anything else other than killing Ghosts.

> The waterfall has no water under it? Some of the rocks are floating.
I guess no good terrainer would like to work a little on the terrain so ... it's gonna be like this for a while (it's not that bad). I thought the gameplay is what matters the most.

> Also, you can see floating text
Yes, this was reported in another thread at wc3c and it's going to be fixed.

> can you fix something about this? So it uses letters or something.
I think I can do it, I actually found a way but I have no idea how good it is and if it would work as intended. So far there weren't any bugs on it so I guess it will be added.

The next version is around a half ready, I hope we can release it soon. But don't expect anything big - everything is going to be fixed (there are going to be a few spells added) so it can be ready for other versions with heavier updates. We just want to polish it.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Did you view the replays? Did they work?
-tm2 picks the first 6 players and the other 6 and puts them in two teams. -tm3 picks the first 4, second 4 and last 4 and puts them in three teams.
Meaning, what, because there are 12 slots, team 1 has to take up the first 3, team 2 would take up the last 3?... in my opinion, this will confuse people.
Why did you get mana shield? It doesn't deal any damage at all... I think I've stated in the 2nd post not to get non-damaging spells since you can't get blood crystals from anything else other than killing Ghosts.
My friend did, and I couldn't kill him -.-, also, this was -rematch so yeah. I think it bugs on after the rematch dialogue.
Yes, this was reported in another thread at wc3c and it's going to be fixed.
GetLocalPlayer() desync :)
I guess no good terrainer would like to work a little on the terrain so ... it's gonna be like this for a while (it's not that bad). I thought the gameplay is what matters the most.
In an AI game I played, the AI Blinked onto the waterfall! WTF, luckily there isn't much pathing, because I could travel through some of the rocks -.-
-addb: Adds a computer player on the first unused slot. For example, if Player 1, 2 and 3 are playing, typing -addb will add a computer on Player 4's slot. Doing it once again will add on Player 5's slot and etc. Added bots do not stay after a rematch. It is recommended to add them right after (or before) entering main game modes so they aren't left behind with kills/gold/crystals/whatever.
I never knew about that!?

OTHER THINGS:
Why do items you drop onto the floor disappear?

When you die, smart players will hang around you and then kill you once you revived, taking advantage of your lowered Spirit Power and Strength..... please balance because I killed my friend like this XD.

EastCrow

Reaction score
hm... my 1st post!

Ok Review-

Nice game nothing to add which have already been said, but a bit imbalance because like Pudgewar, invoker war, potm war, and glaivemaster. the person that pawns early... pawns throughout the whole game.
----------
could you try to make it balance, for my suggestion it would be best if:
-kill = reduce spiritpower
-die = dont reduce spiritpower

when i played this with my friends.. those that die and spawn will have very very little chance of pawning people back while those that kills basically get spells fast own throughout the game and even if its a long match, and all players have max spells. they basically cant catch up to the early 20 kills or so.
-----------
the skills are nice but i think if you could, try to categories them to levels.
because some skills does around no damage at all when you have low spirit power.

example: level 1 building sells spells that deals fix damage or at least 50 damage below and such. that way people will be able to choose spells that can help them kill in the beginning.
-----------
er.. next would be the items that sells at the shop, do they increase my max hp/shield/spiritpower permanently? its not very specific and whenever i bought them it does not increase max spiritpower
-----------
Lastly, i think maybe spellbook the spells? or give them alphabetical because i as a frequent gamer to warcraft & like to press (alt) to check hp to target those that are low hp, instead of searching with my mouse and the num-pad is a pain in the ass to use.

Er... oh yea 2 more thing. I think the map is a little too big, should add some high terrain? and i think the ghost vision should improve a little more. That is what i think.

3.5/5 .... still quite common,not special & not yet enough hype!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
> Meaning, what, because there are 12 slots, team 1 has to take up the first 3, team 2 would take up the last 3?... in my opinion, this will confuse people.

you are pretty much right about this one... Ideas on how to fix it ?

>My friend did, and I couldn't kill him -.-, also, this was -rematch so yeah. I think it bugs on after the rematch dialogue.

He cloudn't kill you too :p

>When you die, smart players will hang around you and then kill you once you revived, taking advantage of your lowered Spirit Power and Strength..... please balance because I killed my friend like this XD.

Your friend, when awakened, is immortal for 3 seconds. Plenty of time to dmg you sevearly and kill you.

>Nice game nothing to add which have already been said, but a bit imbalance because like Pudgewar, invoker war, potm war, and glaivemaster. the person that pawns early... pawns throughout the whole game.

Hm... not really. The only mode like that is hold the flag. But i have a pretty good idea on what do do with it.

>example: level 1 building sells spells that deals fix damage or at least 50 damage below and such. that way people will be able to choose spells that can help them kill in the beginning.

I like it !

>Lastly, i think maybe spellbook the spells? or give them alphabetical because i as a frequent gamer to warcraft like to press (alt) to check hp and target those that are low instead of searching with my mouse and the num-pad is a pain in the ass to use.

Er... oh yea 2 more thing. I think the map is a little too big, should add some high terrain? and i think the ghost vision should improve a little more. That is what i think.

For all your spamming needs, numpad comes to the rescue.

> hm... my 1st post!

Ok Review-

Awwww registered for the map? Nice m8 +rep :p

Well overall the feedback is needed. Hopefully, the next update will be.. trully stabe version. I was hoping that this version will be stable but now I see a wall of bugs. xD AH, well...

LenKim

Reaction score
Heya, I like this map. I think it has a lot of potential, just a couple issues...

a) Like a lot of people have said, some skills (fire storm in particular) are too powerful. There are a lot of good combos for it as well, like impale --> firestorm is a guaranteed kill as you cannot blink out of it...

b) Slightly less mentioned, a lot of skills are very unpowered and need buffing, such as Impetus, which was doing 40~ damage at 100 spirit power...

c) and finally the biggest thing that a friend of mine brought up when we decided to test it... death's penalties are far too big, especially because you respawn where you died. We understand the concept of momentum, but once someone gets one kill they can basically keep on going and slaughtering everyone, but as soon as they die it's next to impossible to recover. I noticed that AI's tended to spawn camp a lot, and it is my assumption that players will as well...

d) AI's are way too ninja. It's like I'm playing PotM vs. DotA AI's and my only skill is Elune's Arrow (aka they know exactly when it's coming so they always move out of the way :|;; It's kind of like how they also know which is the real you when you're an illusion character. /pif)

Suggestions:
  • More spheres (Fighting with 1 spirit power.. zzz)
  • Random respawn location
  • Have level mean something (if it does already, the benefits of it are next to none so I haven't even noticed)

:D Great map, keep up the good work.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Woah.... today must be mi lucky day! I just love feedback.. and first post.... I am so proud! :D

>a) Like a lot of people have said, some skills (fire storm in particular) are too powerful. There are a lot of good combos for it as well, like impale --> firestorm is a guaranteed kill as you cannot blink out of it...

Hm... all I can think up is knockback spell or silence spell :p

>b) Slightly less mentioned, a lot of skills are very unpowered and need buffing, such as Impetus, which was doing 40~ damage at 100 spirit power...

I know but some skills are made not to do dmg. For example the knockback and amplifying dmg spells are made to help you crush the oponent. Support spells.
However Impectus is a known isue.. it was made more powerfull a coupple of versions ago, It will be made more powerfull in the next.

>c) and finally the biggest thing that a friend of mine brought up when we decided to test it... death's penalties are far too big, especially because you respawn where you died. We understand the concept of momentum, but once someone gets one kill they can basically keep on going and slaughtering everyone, but as soon as they die it's next to impossible to recover. I noticed that AI's tended to spawn camp a lot, and it is my assumption that players will as well...
I've been considering on random spawning :p So it is settled :p

>d) AI's are way too ninja. It's like I'm playing PotM vs. DotA AI's and my only skill is Elune's Arrow (aka they know exactly when it's coming so they always move out of the way :|;; It's kind of like how they also know which is the real you when you're an illusion character. /pif)

Computer easy: 1/2 crystals
Computer normal: 1/1 crystals
Computer insane: 2/1 crystals
Computers Have the exact power in aming/avoiding spells. The trick is to get rich soon so you have more spells to dmg them.

>Have level mean something (if it does already, the benefits of it are next to none so I haven't even noticed)

Well spirits do get automatic upgrades evry 3 minutes or so. Wich actually means that eaven the weakest most beaten up plyer will get permenent health bonuses. The level, is for showcase :p What I think of doing with it, is to... well 1 kill= 1 level. So you know how many kills you have done, without having to open the multiboard.

> Great map, keep up the good work.

Well thank you for the feedback..
as usuall +rep for feedback.

Reaction score
> GetLocalPlayer() desync :p
What? There won't be any desyncs...

> I never knew about that!?
Well, thats' why I create changelogs.

> Why do items you drop onto the floor disappear?
I don't want people to ninja items, besides it will bug some stuff.

> the person that pawns early... pawns throughout the whole game.
I think there might be a solution for this, I'm going to talk with Blood about it.

> I think the map is a little too big
It's perfectly fine for 12 people, I think it can't be shrunk in-game. :p

> Like a lot of people have said, some skills (fire storm in particular) are too powerful.
It got slightly nerfed in AoE so it shouldn't be that much imba.

> a lot of skills are very unpowered and need buffing
Some weren't meant to deal huge damage, like Shackle - it's used just for a quick disable that will bring the enemy to you.

> death's penalties are far too big
Will be reduced. Maybe another bonus system could be added to compensate loss of stats. Or maybe a restriction for the best player.

> AI's are way too ninja.
I know, it's as intended. :D

> More spheres (Fighting with 1 spirit power.. zzz)
And Blood suggested a restriction to them... Okay, more spheres at the beginning.

> Random respawn location
I think that's a bad idea - sometimes you can get spawned in the middle of an epic fight.

> Great map, keep up the good work.
Thanks man, we will. :)

> Woah.... today must be mi lucky day! I just love feedback
Same. :D

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, pal, looks like the minor, bug fixable, balencable, version isn't going to be so little at all huh? Well, time to get to work : )

Side note: I just love feedback.

Sid

Reaction score
Okay,
I have played a map. Quite an impressive one...
(Not the first map of this type though, I have played an AoS with similar theme)

It's really impressive. But I think the Model used for ghost is way too big. Reduce the scaling please...

Additionally, can you make Models different according to the race selected by player.
Example Human - Archmage, Undead - Kel'thuzad (Ghost) and Night Elves getting KotG Ghost model. (As for Orcs, Get a custom one... Probably Thrall's with Texture IDs changed :) )

The terrain is nice. But a few more elevations / Cliffs should do.

Reaction score
> Additionally, can you make Models different according to the race selected by player.
Well, this is ready for the next version, but it's not going to be according to the race - you are just spawned with a random ghost model (eh, shouldn't have spoiled it but wanted to...).

> It's really impressive.
Thanks, I hope it gets better (which means that Bloody should come out with lots of new and nice ideas). ^^

> The terrain is nice. But a few more elevations / Cliffs should do.
Right. But we need a decent terrainer to add some changes to it... I'm gonna send some PMs around and see if someone from the good terrainers would get the job.

Sid

Reaction score
Right. But we need a decent terrainer to add some changes to it... I'm gonna send some PMs around and see if someone from the good terrainers would get the job.

Don't look at me, I suck at terraining.

Reaction score
v0.15

Visual Fixes:
- Blood Crystals' icon is properly displayed instead of the ladder lumber one.
- Fixed some typos, grammar errors and added a few abbreviations (e.g. SP = Spirit Power).
- -addb is now added to the starting text that shows the game modes.
- The starting text now gets cleared for the host after he selects a mode.
- Text tags are displayed to players only if they have vision to them.
- Better visuals on Glacial Wall.
- Souls now bounce instead of just flying around.

General Fixes:
- You can now cast spells with your hotkeys!
• But remember that the general idea was to cast it with your numpad.
There are some problems with hotkeys like "K" and "J" since they are
too far away from your left hand, which usually stands over ASD.
That's why I recommend the numpad that you'll find quite easier to use
after you get used to it. Report any bugs if found - like an item or spell
not going in cooldown when some abnormal thing happens.
- Reduced AoE of Firestorm from 350 to 300.
- Reduced Freeze duration from 3.25 to 2.50 seconds.
- Increased Blink range from 600 to 750 but now has a limited casting range (750) instead
of an unlimited one (you could cast it everywhere and blink in that direction 600 range
forward).
- Increased Soul Bind damage to 40 and made it always deal that damage.
- Impetus now deals bonus damage if you have exactly 100 Spirit Power.
- Ghosts now steal 15% stats if they kill another one and lose 10% if they die.
- 25 Souls are spawned instantaneously when a game mode starts - more bonuses for everyone.
- You can now be spawned with a different Ghost model (AFFECTS ONLY THAT).
- Added a -weather command (rain, snow, light, moonlight, wind). *
- Added a -terrain command (snow, desert, default). **

* Actually, the weather command was there all along but I had forgotten to mention it
in the previous changelogs. Someone might have discovered that ...
** Snow terrain is a little bit ugly because it couldn't fit well with Ashenvale's terrain
when swapping them but there are some parts that look quite good.

//===================================
I had absolutely no time to test this with normal players but it worked fine with the AI. Since Bloodcount went afk for a while he told me to just upload it in this post and he'll move it to the first when he has time.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Uploaded to first post as well. Hm.. the unprotected version is depressingly large. Thank you Vexorian for your optimizer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.