Minigame Spirit Wars

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, going to talk to tyrande, before maiking it however, most of the spells are for ground units.... I still like the toss idea though =]

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
The flag requires a free slot to be taken,
however when you pick it up it will NOT take a slot place which means it wouldn't be
occupied.

Make the flag a rune.

- When you die you lose 25% of your all stats. The killing unit receives 40% of your stats
40% is too much - snowballing effect.

- Most important thing: At the beginning buy damaging spells, not escaping ones, since there is no other way to get gold unless killing Ghosts.
Add a 60 sec stock starting delay to non-damage spells and items so people don't accidentally buy wrong stuff

EDIT:
ALL stats should be limited to 100 max.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>Make the flag a rune.
Will do.

>40% is too much - snowballing effect.
Will be 25/25

>Add a 60 sec stock starting delay to non-damage spells and items so people don't accidentally buy wrong stuff

Actually you get both wood and gold. Wood- spells gold- items.... although I must change the wood to something else... ideas :D

>ALL stats should be limited to 100 max.

Spirit Power- 100
Strenght 250 i think.....
And.. shield is unlkimited so far.

the thing is that with 100 spirit power most spells do 100-160 dmg and slow or dmg amplify effect. But, the shield will be limited as well...

again, thanks for the feedback.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Something I forgot to mention, killing players should be reduced to about 40 gold. 80 to 90 gold seems pretty insane as the computer killed me and I was never ever able to stand up on my feet again.

OT : I added you on MSN bloodcount, accept it. Mine is [email protected]

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
You're added.

About the goso AI.... at the moment we have consentrated our attention to the spells and fixing all the small bugs. Hopefully in the next version there will be modes of the AI.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Just some IMBA reports.
Yesterday, I was playing with a friend and 4 AI.
The first IMBA: A computer managed to get 1000++ health and 900++ mana. He was impossible to kill. Please limit the stats :p
Second IMBA: Blade is crazy. It kills in about a hit or two if the outward and return bot hits.
Thrid IMBA: The health regeneration becomes insane when everyone is like 200+ Health. Its practically impossible to kill anything.

Now, a suggestion. Remove Slow, its useless (kinda). Its like the worst skill in the game. Frost Nova does damage and slow. Even though it slows less, the damage is very powerful early game. Maybe change it to some other disable, say Hex (FTW!)

Reaction score
> There MUST be a start message: "Buy spell first" and than ping to all spell shops.
Agree, more friendlier than just letting the user wander around and try to find where the spells are.

> Make the flag a rune.
Will rework this, however we added an indicator for the next version (the flag as an attachment on the Ghost's back) to show who owns it.

> 40% is too much - snowballing effect.
Have to experiment with numbers but as Blood said it may get 25/25.

> Add a 60 sec stock starting delay
Good idea, haven't thought of that before.

> ALL stats should be limited to 100 max.
Currently Strength was reduced to 250 limit but I think it would get even lower since another addition will be added that increases the Ghost's hit points over time. As for Shield... Again, testing with numbers is needed.

> Actually use Interface editor and Change agility to Spirit power
This was forgotten when we transferred everything from the previous map to this one; Intelligence should've been Shield. Fixed already.

> At that point of time, he should not be able to move in the air
You mean like a toss spell? Going to reconsider this, there's currently one spell that disables actions for a short period and allows you to own the enemy really quickly - Magic Net (ya, your spell Cohadar :p).

> Nice AI btw.
Having to mention how poorly it is made... Thanks. :) It is my first AI btw.

> The first IMBA:
Yep, happened to us a few times while playing it so we thought we need limitations to the other attributes as well.

> Second IMBA:
Ugh, that spell was made in GUI and I just converted it (cuz I was lazy) so it could get optimized by the Optimizer. Though, it bugged sometimes and instakilled everybody. I managed to delete it and made it from scratch, you won't notice anything different from the previous one - they're just the same.

> Thrid IMBA:
Maybe health regeneration will get removed, or it would be really, really, really low - this way you will get healed only from the flying Souls.

> Remove Slow, its useless (kinda).
Another effect could be added to it as well but I don't think it's quite useless. Making your enemy almost unable to run away from all your spells seems fine, and the slow is strong as well with a decent duration. Don't know ...

Again, thanks to all for the feedback and criticism. All noted things are considered and probably all of them will be added/fixed. :thup:

Reaction score
v0.13

Visual Fixes:
- Spirit Power is properly displayed in stats (was "Agility").
- Shield is properly displayed in stats (was "Intelligence").
- The flag in -htf mode now appears on your back when you carry it.
- Added an UI cooldown indicator.
- The minimap now indicates through blinking where the shops are.
- Spell Shops and Goblin Merchants now have distinguishable minimap icons.
- A message appears, showing that your first goal is to buy a spell.
- Coloured a little the text at the beginning of the map - game modes'
abbreviations are seen far more better.
- The text with the game modes now appears only for the host.

General Fixes:
- Fixed a small terrain glitch that could make your Ghost stuck forever.
(If you get stuck in the waterfall and can't get out please report it!)
- The flag in -htf mode can now be picked even if you have full inventory.
- Fixed Ghosts from staying in-game from the previous game after rematch.
- Added tree regrowth.
- Multiboard refreshes after each rematch (except the clock).
- Multiboard now sorts correctly depending on kills.
- Souls are now spawned as much random as possible.
- Spells now cost lumber instead of gold.
- You are now given 20 gold and 30 lumber for your first kill with
15 gold/lumber bonus for each next kill.
- Players receive 1 gold and 2 lumber every 3 seconds.
- Added limit to Strength - you cannot have more than 100 Strength points.
- Added life upgrades (every 3 minutes the Ghosts receive 30 to their health pool).
- Fixed Lightning Strike's damage - was dealing a lot less due to a wrong attack/damage type.
- Fixed Shackle's damage - was dealing a lot less due to a wrong attack/damage type.
- Increased Shackle's range from 1000 to 1300.
- Impetus deals 9% of distance in damage (was 4%) but increased cooldown from 7 to 15.
- Ghosts now steal 25% of the killed unit's stats instead of 40%.
- Added stock delay of 60 seconds to all non-damaging spells (Freeze is an exception).
- 9 new abilities. (x)
- Added support to the AI for the new spells.
- AI will now target you only if you are visible to him.
- Slightly reduced AI's reactions.
- AI now pick totally random targets to cast spells on.
- New game mode: -otm (Own The Monster).*

* OWN THE MONSTER
Own The Monster is activated when the host types -otm X (where X is a number between
3 and 10). A deadly monster is spawned somewhere around the map and will try to kill
the nearest Ghost it acquires.
(x) SHEEP BOMB
Hurls a fat sheep at a targeted location. A deadly creature (Ghoul) will
detect it and will spawn somewhere around the sheep, trying to eat it. However,
the sheep is filled with deadly explosives and once the Ghoul rips it apart it will
blast with destructive force, damaging Ghosts heavily.
(x) DEATH COIL
Shoots a death coil at the targeted location. Deals heavy damage to the first unit it hits.
(x) CHAIN LIGHTNING
Shoots a bolt of lightning that jumps from unit to unit, dealing damage based on
Spirit Power and increasing damage each jump (maximum of 4).
(x) SILENCE
Silences enemies in a targeted AoE for 0.1 times Spirit Power duration and with a
cap of 3.4 seconds maximum.
(x) ACID BOMB
Hurls an acid bomb that knockbacks units upon impact and amplifies damage for 4 seconds.
(x) GLACIAL WALL
Forms an ice wall in front of the Ghost only if he has more than 10 Spirit Power. The wall
blocks movement and slows enemies that come near it by 30% and lasts a few seconds.
(x) TELEPORT
Stores your location, hit and mana points when you cast it. After 2 seconds you will "turn back
time" and return back. If you had 100 Spirit Power then you will take 50% reduced damage during
those 2 seconds. You cannot be "teleported back" if you have died.
(x) IMPALE
Ladder impale spell but deals damage depending on Spirit Power and cuts through Mana Shield.
(x) BLAST
An explosion that tosses units in the air while they get knockbacked. Deals damage upon cast
and upon landing if the unit has more than 60 Strength.

/============================================
Game guide can now be read at the 2nd post (mine).
New map can be found attached at the bottom of the first post.

v0.14

Visual Fixes:
- Spirit Power is properly displayed in stats (was "Agility").
- Shield is properly displayed in stats (was "Intelligence").
- Blood Crystals are not properly displayed (was "Lumber").

General Fixes:
- Added a command "-addb".*
- Added support to all spells for the AI.
- AI difficulties now depend on their name (Easy, Normal, Insane). (x)
- Reduced casting range of Blast from 550 to 500.
- Fixes on Acid Grenade - was amplifying a lot less damage than normal.
- Blizzard cooldown increased from 4 to 6.

* -ADDB (ADD BOT)
Adds a bot to the first free slot. Works with every game mode (or it should).
The bot does not continue to play when the game is remaked and will always
be set to normal difficulty ("Computer (Normal)").
Since the bot starts with 150 blood crystals it is recommended to be added
right after the game mode is being selected to prevent from being weaker than
the other players/AIs. Of course, it can be added even before game mode.
(x) This affects only their income since they got a little weaker from previous
version. Easy get 0.5x income, Normal - 1x income and Insane - 2x.

Please report if you are experiencing abnormal fps loss or lag while using
Acid Grenade/Blast and affected units get knocked back against some wall or trees.
A small fps drop was stated while testing them but I think it got fixed now.

/=========================================================

This is supposed to be a very stable version so if you find any bugs please report them!
Map can be found attached at first post.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Spells really must have on-hero hotkeys, it is impossible to be fast enough otherwise.

Blood Heart buff icon should match the item icon.

"Not Enough Lumber" should be changed to "Not enough crystals"
You can find the test under:
Game Interface -> Text - Message - Not Enough Lumber

lumber icon is shown when buying item.

All stat tooltips(not just names) should be changed to explain properly what they do. You can find them at:
Game Interface -> Text - General - "Each Point..."

Infernal rain is overkill, too fast, too big aoe

Stat stealing creates too much snowball effect.
Reduce it's effect to +10/-10%

Demonic Essence, Arcane Shield and Spectral Blade items REALLY need to have working hotkeys

The AI is too damn smart. :p

I love the new terrain/sight blocks.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remembered I had this idea for this map but I forgot it till now :)
Basically, when you get an item, you will get a skill that corresponds to the targetting type of your item. e.g. You will get a spell that has a single target targetting when your first item is, say, Freeze. When you use that skill, you hero will use the item :D So if the below is your inventory:

[Freeze][Soul Bind]
[Blink][None]
[None][Other Skillset]

Your hero would have 3 skills with hotkeys of maybe Q,W and E. When you click Q and use it on an enemy, your hero will use Freeze etc.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Blizzard Ladder Games get different AI?
But its my new favourite game XD...... will you constantly update it XD

I played it for a few mins..... with 1v1 (AGAINST AI).... it was quite easy... but that was only for a few mins..... Nice spells. Why is the AI so difficult may I ask?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Cohadar, about the texture problems, damn me. I was never good at them :D

>Reduce it's effect to +10/-10%
I see your point...

>Demonic Essence, Arcane Shield and Spectral Blade items REALLY need to have working hotkeys

ffs, this will be fixed ASAP

Now, unless there is a way, for items to have hotkeys, then it is a no-no. With the numpad you choose how to spam your spells. For example num 8 is a slow spell for me the 4 and 5 are dmg spells and 1 and 2 are cripppling, net spells.
:/ I srsly don't see why you don't like it.

Zack1996, thanks for the idea.

BlackRose, thank you for cheking out the map. Ofcourse that we will upgrade it. Right after 0.14 I have ideas for new modes and spells. This project will be updated untill the end of my warcraft career (untill starcraft II comes out :p )
+rep to all 3 of you for the feedback.

Reaction score
> Spells really must have on-hero hotkeys, it is impossible to be fast enough otherwise.
Oh yes it is. Ask Bloodcount how he got 10 spells in ~2 seconds on his head once by me. :p Come to think of it, he became even more skiiled (fast and such) than the AIs, maybe he's at the same skill level as me...
But yeah, next version will have both item spells AND normal spells with hotkeys (found a way how to do it so they can share cooldown).

As for the text mismatches, thanks for pointing them out.

> Reduce it's effect to +10/-10%
Eh, isn't 10% too little? Maybe +20%/-10%? Needs more testing...

> The AI is too damn smart.
Eh? Others say it's too weak. Thanks anyway. :D

> I love the new terrain/sight blocks.
Maybe it needs a bit more at some places but a few were intentionally left for some bigger fights without any obstacles covering your way.

> will you constantly update it XD
Yep, it needs some good polishing (those minor errors should get fixed), then it could get some bigger updates.

> it was quite easy...
Easy at the beginning, then it becomes tougher...

> Why is the AI so difficult may I ask?
Because it casts in really short intervals and in such way that it would almost never miss. :p

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Too hard. Especially on a slow computer, when you kinda lag against the AI..... <I cheated with whosyourdaddy :)>.

You should make the waterfall look... better?

Also, will you expand the map so its much bigger <Not the size of the map, I mean't more features> ? I know its only a mini-game but it looks like it could be much more fun.

BTW, is Blinking into forest and hiding there all game good?

Also, the hotkeys I don't like.... is it possible to change it to letters? I dislike 7/8/4/5/1/2.

AI: Kudos to you on making such a good AI, it Blinks so smartly <is that a word> and kills me so quickly.... what is Shield and the other one also? Energy Power is damage I know.

Reaction score
> You should make the waterfall look... better?
Which parts of it are wrong/ugly for the eye?

> BTW, is Blinking into forest and hiding there all game good?
In -htf... Yes, why not?

> Also, the hotkeys I don't like.... is it possible to change it to letters?
If you're talking about the numpad... Next version is going to have spells with hotkeys along with the items.

> what is Shield and the other one also?
Post #2 said:
Game Guide:
First of all, there are some things in this map that would need to be remembered/memorized one way or another:
- Agility is "Spirit Power". Spirit Power is your primary attribute - your spells' power almost fully depend on it (there are a few exceptions). However, there is a limit of 100 Spirit Power and you can never pass it (so don't try).
- Strength is still Strength - gives you hit points. Cannot go over 100 (previous version(s) allowed that but sometimes things went out of control, like a Ghost with 1,000 health - totally unkillable).
- Intelligence is "Shield". Shield is usually used for an ability available at the spell shops - Mana Shield. It depends on it so it is vital to gain Shield points as well because it can save you a lot.

I wrote a guide for this, after all. Go read post #2 (mine). :p Shield is useful for Mana Shield at the moment.

> Also, will you expand the map so its much bigger
Of course, though I think it's going to be a little slow - vacation ended and now there is epic rape in school with all those exams...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well, this thread hasn't had replays in like 2 days, and it is almost on page 2. I am feeling the urge to abuse my bumping power xD seriously though, if anyone gives me a replay, that will just make my day!

Reaction score
> Maybe you should add some music?
If you mean playing local music with the races' themes (NightElf1, Human3, etc.) then it could be added. Otherwise, no, I guess.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.