Minigame Spirit Wars

Reaction score
> when I block their path they just patrol around and give me free kills.
I noticed that as well, will have to work something out to fix it.

> Soul bind seems really useless
You might as well say the same for Blink. Soul Bind's original concept was an escaping/decreasing distance spell with low damage so it isn't that much imbalanced.

> don't know why meteors are bought first with every AI
First spell for AIs is Firestorm OR Blizzard. But I agree they should buy spells in a random order.

> For the + 20 life thing put it to 20 life healed
Yeah, it's misleading. Will be fixed.

> I see the -2 stat button projectile everywhere normally.
Blame Blizzard's failing random generation. There are 9 souls so it's up to the game to create them randomly...

> Also , were there import credits?
Skipped them in a hurry... Though, it should be noted in my first post in this thread.

> has CD which is very annoying in a fast paced game
You do know when removing and then adding spells resets their cooldown? It is somewhat needed for the spell swapper to have a cooldown since players would just spam the inventory and cast Nova/Meteors/Whatever every 0.5 second. Again, Blizzard's fault. :p

> Remove that handle counter will ya?
It was left for bugtesting purpouses but for now it isn't that needed I guess. I've forgotten it so it should be gone next version.

> you still need to work on terrain abit
Hmmm, I have a suggestion for Blood but I think he wouldn't agree (but it would support random terrain). Though, I guess he can find a good terrainer to fix a thing or two.

> and with more modes
That was the second thing in the "to do" list.

> make 3 type of AI , easy , normal and hard
Difficulty would be set in-game or dependant on "Computer (Easy/Normal/Hard)" (y, need opinion)

> I also don't see why antonidas ghost model was used for everybody
Not many ghost Heroes in war3 you know...

> this should have a auto rematch toggle mode.
Bloodcount said:
It will be added :p

Reaction score
v0.12

Visual Fixes:
- New terrain! This allows more miscellaneous extras like random terrain.
- Fixed the multiboard displaying wrong map version.
- Removed the handle counter since it might have confused a lot of people.
- The multiboard now displays the time (the handle counter did that).
- Added an individual weather command for each player.
Type -weather rain/snow/wind/light/moonlight or -weather off to turn the command off.
- New models for the Souls (thanks to Death).
- Removed a little inconsistency in the message displaying.
- Credits and contacts added (F9).

General Fixes:
- -dmn/dmt and -tm can be used both now.
- Added limit to -dmn/-dmt to prevent abuses and game breaks.
- New game mode: Hold The Flag (-htf)*.
- Added a rematch command (a dialog appears for the host).
- Ghosts can no longer consume Souls while dead.
- Increased Ghosts' consumption range from 400 to 450.
- The game fully starts after 30 seconds pass. During that time Ghosts are invulnerable.
- Increased invulnerability after revival from 2 to 3 seconds.
- Random system fixes and code optimizations for better performance.
- Removed three Souls - Mana Soul, Health Soul and Soul Reaver. The compensation is that
you now gain 4% hp & mp of maximum hp & mp when you collect a Soul.
- Blade Toss no longer damages allies.
- AI no longer bugs when you get close to it (it even has a higher chance to hit you).
- Added support to all spells for the AI.
- The AI now gets its spells in a random order.
- Computer players are now more challenging.

Nerfs/Buffs:
- New damage formula on Firestorm:
(if Spirit Power is less than 8x Stack then it will deal 8x Stack damage,
otherwise damage is equal to your Spirit Power).
- Replaced the Immolation spell with Lightning Strike** (new one).

Things to watch out for!
- Bugs with the rematch mode. Maybe I've forgotten to reactivate some features.
- Random bugs. Since all data was moved from the previous map
to another, though everything was carefully examined for bugs,
I still think I've missed something. Anything unusual that you
assume is not correct should get reported. Thank you.

* HOLD THE FLAG
- Hold The Flag is a similar game mode to Capture the Flag, however it has almost
nothing to do with it. When you select -htf X (where X is a number between 11 and 40)
the mode will be enabled. A flag drops at an absolutely random position on the map
(it wouldn't be located somewhere around the trees where you can't reach it, of course)
and the point is that you have to get it. The flag requires a free slot to be taken,
however when you pick it up it will NOT take a slot place which means it wouldn't be
occupied. Once you get the flag your name will be displayed on the screen, showind that
you acquired the flag. Every 7 seconds with the flag will grant you 1 point until you
reach the goal of X points, selected by the host at the beginning by typing -htf X.
If you die the flag is dropped but you DO NOT lose your gained points. The next unit that
gets the flag will gain points every 7 seconds and so on.
** LIGHTNING STRIKE
- Credits to Hatebreeder for his original idea. This spell creates a lightning bolt that
instantly strikes the targeted area, dealing 17 + 0.5x Spirit Power damage if the target
is above 50% hit points, or 0.8x Spirit Power damage if it's bellow 50%. After the bolt
hits the ground, a lightning circle will expand from that point, dealing 1 damage to foes
in it every 0.03125 seconds (the circle lasts a really short duration).

Be sure to check the first post for the map. Now we just have to format the thread to fit the newest changes and everything'll be ok.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Finally, I got to test it out. :) It was really nice.

As said before, AI can give kills real easily and doesn't play smart.

The spells aren't all too balanced. The blade/glaive boomerang skill is really powerful since it strikes twice, dealing double average damage. You should make each hit deal only like 2/3 damage, so hitting once gives an OK amount of damage, and hitting twice gives 4/3 which is a bit stronger.

There are a lot of souls... :eek:

Good job and good luck! :thup: We should play together some time. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
First rep is going 2 you.

The AI is smart. (atleast in the new unreleast version) THe boomerang is a bit too strong, but evry spell is either aoe or has a special effect.... anyway... It depends on how you look at it :p Thanks for the feedback. About the souls.... I am keeping them at this rate, because they are walking hp refreshments :)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Wow.. rep bribery...
Anyway, the Fire Storm/Blizzard spells are still crazy as usual. They still kill in about two hits even though the damage is reduced slightly. Why not just make them simple. Fire storm burns enemies and Blizzard freezes them shortly.
Anyway, the Shackles spell is quite useless. The range is crap and I personally think that it is not based on the Spirit Power. Maybe make it deal damage based on how far you drag the enemy and make Spirit Power increase range.
As to the point about Shield, maybe you could make certain skills require your shield to cast. Maybe something like "Shield Launcher" which shoots out your shield to damage enemies based on your "Shield" attribute.
The AI is good, I can't seem to kill them now :(
PS: Why did you change the terrain into Forest?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>Wow.. rep bribery...
•Works :p
>As to the point about Shield, maybe you could make certain skills require your shield to cast. Maybe something like "Shield Launcher" which shoots out your shield to damage enemies based on your "Shield" attribute.
•Thinking about it....
>The AI is good, I can't seem to kill them now
•Gives me a hard time as well...
>PS: Why did you change the terrain into Forest?
People hated the previous terrein. This one is slightly better.
+rep

Reaction score
> The AI is good, I can't seem to kill them now
Going to be nerfed next version since it did some "hack" stuff (like targeting you while neither of you had vision to each other).

> PS: Why did you change the terrain into Forest?
I guess the previous one wasn't that nice so we decided to add some refreshment to it - we had it ready since another map was supposed to be based on it but that project was abandoned. Do you think it's better than the previous one?

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Here is my comments or review of this map again.

wraithseeker said:
Number 1 : Please give a tutorial or tips throughout the game, although it was my 2nd time, I was still puzzled with what to do.

For your game modes, perhaps you could use some coloured text to make it look nicer.

Make blizzard *cough* freeze or slow people, that's what blizzards are supposed to do and not just damage people like meteor...

AI, for once seems really dumb when I cast spell, he runs other then that he doesn't.

When he tries to cast spell on me, no matter what I do, I can't avoid it by walking.

When u put a aoe spell behind u when ur running, the AI won't chase you anymore.

The waterfall part had some buggy zone where I could walk in the waterfall ;)

The terrain looks much better now but make trees killable else to improve gameplay.

The powerups should not spawn at designated locations and instead randomly. There was once where I kept camping there and runes just kept coming to me instead of me going after them.

I do not know what spellpower is, you didn't mention it. Was it the intellgence? Agility? or Strength?

Your terrain needs more cliff to improve gameplay with the fog game which I like to play :)

Other then that, it's probaby the end.

Reaction score
> Please give a tutorial or tips throughout the game, although it was my 2nd time, I was still puzzled with what to do.
I was working on a game guide and I'll probably release it with the next version.

> that's what blizzards are supposed to do
Maybe, maybe not (ladder Blizzard?). Though, the idea wasn't taken from it. You are going to get slows from other spells, otherwise this one would become quite imbalanced - stacking damage, AoE, fast cast and now slow?!

> AI, for once seems really dumb when I cast spell
No idea. Try it in single player with maximum gold so he can afford all his spells and then come here again...

> no matter what I do, I can't avoid it by walking.
You mean only the AoE ones. The others are pretty fine easy to dodge since the AIs do not calculate in which direction you are moving - they cast right on top of you.

> the AI won't chase you anymore.
It tries to avoid it, that's why it gets away from you. But I haven't scripted it to chase anybody - it just moves randomly and tries to kill everybody in its range.

> The waterfall part had some buggy zone where I could walk in the waterfall
You can "walk" in waterfalls in real life as well, can't you? :p But I found a buggy place where you could accidentally get stucked between pathing blockers if your Ghost was spawned there for the first time.

> The terrain looks much better now but make trees killable else to improve gameplay.
Yeah, I guess it's better. If I find a way to replace doodads there will be individual terrain changes next version (will support both terrain and trees). Actually, I found a way but these special tree models are located only in one map (protected, sad)... As for the destructables, they are killable. The shuriken cuts them but I'm thinking of adding a tree regrowth for next version.

> The powerups should not spawn at designated locations and instead randomly.
Will make this.

> I do not know what spellpower is, you didn't mention it.
Eh, well, after moving to that other map some Gameplay Constants weren't edited. Spirit Power is supposed to be Agility and Shield is supposed to be Intelligence. Got fixed for 0.13.

> Your terrain needs more cliff to improve gameplay
We'll see what we can do about it.

Thanks a lot for the review.

DBZ-123

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
It was pretty fun

Spells arnt to balance I always get blade at beggining cuz it owns. The spirits that float around was a good idea. Ai owned me a few times but now i can own them :p

Kinda would like more abilitys and more items.

Overall Rating 9/10

Reaction score
> Kinda would like more abilitys and more items.
There's going to be another spell shop next version. It's 1/3 filled with spells now. :)

Again, thanks for playing/reviewing.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
A lot of games don't have game guides yet people play them... and even if there is one, most people don't read them. :)

Games like Island Defense, you'll see so many new people there that have no idea what to do even when there is help around the internet.

Aren't trees already destructible? I remember destroying them. Well, with spells.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Island defense is not a fast paced game unlike this one where when host decides the mode, everything happens at once.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
The blade destroys them.... about the small balance isues, they are all fixed.... The new spells are... interesting.... sadly many sheeps died so far in the maiking of this new version.... ;(

Wraithseeker, you get 30 seconds to run to the nearest spell shop. After that.. chaos happens :)

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
There MUST be a start message: "Buy spell first"
and than ping to all spell shops.
(Or maybe it is better to have default hero spell)

Spells should be added to the hero so you can use hotkeys.
There are 8 free icons slots on heroes, more than enough.

In addition to spells that are added to hero you should have spell items, but:
Items should not have offensive spells.
Just stuff like: short-blink, 3 sec. windwalk, reveal small map area...
Swap - he casts a spell on your location and you swap :D

Goblin Merchant and Spell shop should have different minimap icons!

Actually use Interface editor and Change agility to Spirit power
(and make some sane comments about what attrib does what while you are there)

Remove "tome" items from game, spirits are enough.

Terrain needs some higher ground parts (with sight blockers)
You can see down, but they cannot see you up :)
But if you camp on top you cannot chase ghosts...

Nice AI btw.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>>There MUST be a start message: "Buy spell first"
and than ping to all spell shops.

Uh... ups :eek: will be added =]

>Spells should be added to the hero so you can use hotkeys.
There are 8 free icons slots on heroes, more than enough.

No... because, in spirit wars you have to be fast. And having to press ozep in a row in order to get the right combo you want isn't going to be friendly for the new players.

>Just stuff like: short-blink, 3 sec. windwalk, reveal small map area...
Swap - he casts a spell on your location and you swap

I like them all. The new version is going to have a new set of items. Perhaps powerups, but still.

>Goblin Merchant and Spell shop should have different minimap icons!

Will add it :eek:

>Actually use Interface editor and Change agility to Spirit power
(and make some sane comments about what attrib does what while you are there)

ups.... thanks...

>Terrain needs some higher ground parts (with sight blockers)
You can see down, but they cannot see you up
But if you camp on top you cannot chase ghosts...

Thinking....

>Nice AI btw.
It owns :D

Thanks for all the feedback... Now we have some more fixes to make to then ext version :D:D +rep

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
For the jumping part, a spell that forces ur enemy to jump to a location or just behind him by x distance.

At that point of time, he should not be able to move in the air, so you spam your hella aoe spells at the location he is going to land.

I think it seems like a good spell doesn't it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.