Status
Not open for further replies.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Splob
by NullCurrent

Splob.jpg

I made this model a long time ago, when I was first experimenting with animated models, and surprisingly, it looks pretty damn good...

This model only has two animations... :p
The animations are stand and walk, and I completely forgot about the death animation... and attack...

This model uses only in-game textures so you don't have to mess around with any custom textures.

I don't care to get credit where ever you use it, and I don't care if you edit it in any way. But, I do care if you try to take it and say its yours... so don't give credit to anyone :p

NOTE: I zipped the file, so you are going to need the free program 7-zip or another program like it!

------------------------------------------
Check out my tutorials:
How to: Edit Models
How to: Make Weapon Attachments with Particle Emitters
How to: Create Day and Night Models with OmniLight
-------------------------------------------​

V Download V

Attachments

• Splob_By_NullCurrent.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 192

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Then how will it die without a death animation?

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
But why dont you give it animations now. Like it goes splat on death hehe

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Because I switched computers and sent a bunch of my data over (which this was in), but I didn't send milkshape nor 3D Studio Max over... So I have nothing to edit it with... But I think im going to install milkshape so I might get back to this... But I was simply posting this so people can learn from it, or perhaps just as a cinematic.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Yeah that'd be a sweet model that'd I'd probably use (and give credits for ;) ) if it had a death/attack/spell animation.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Ok guys, I got my milkshape and I re-rigged the model, so I will re-animate the model and put in the animations: stand, walk, attack, spell, and death. I haven't animated in a long time, so it may take me a little bit of time...
Ohh, and is there any other animations people want me to put in?

Switch33

Reaction score
An awesome idea would be an sort of consume animation. Heres my idea. Have an attachment point in the middle of it that slowly moves if possible. Then for the devour like attack animation make it sort of twist the splob into an little funnel that jumps towards the unit. And then people can attach an sfx at the attachment point inside the splob.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Personally I'd like to see a 'slime trail' behind the unit when he moves. That'd be wicked.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Personally I'd like to see a 'slime trail' behind the unit when he moves. That'd be wicked.

Thats really funny, I was actually thinking of the same thing.

But the consume animation sounds really cool, but I think it would be too difficult... So I am afraid I wont do that, sorry.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
I think I am just going to make the death animation a kind of blow up then shrink and flatten on to the ground then kind of dissapate.

But i like your channel idea, how do you think that should look?

AND could anyone give me some pointers on how to make attachment points either in war3 model editor or milkshape?

EDIT: Also, what should the attack animation look like? Should it just hit them?

Renendaru

Reaction score
For the channel animation, I'd make it where it flattens and puffs up again, sort of life up and down.

For attack, I'd do where the top of it sort of flops out at the unit. If you could, could you make a projectile for this model? Someone might want it to be ranged.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Lol, im putting a lot of effort into this model for a simple death/attack animation, haha. But its fun, and ill try to do the projectile, like a gross piece of gel getting flung at people, haha.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I'd definitely use this model if you add the suggested features in this thread. They sound pretty awesome.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
If I add a projectile, how would I distinguish between melee and ranged? Should I make like attack - range and attack - melee? Because I just made one melee attack and its like a he leans over and hits him like a side-ways attack (back-hand!).

Renendaru

Reaction score
Well, look at that one rifleman model on Hive, the user has to enable/disable attacks for the ranged and melee animations. He added a ranged attack animation and a melee attack animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.