Starcraft 2 destroyed my sons life

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Quoted from: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/628073583

Hello everyone I found this website open on my son's computer so I thought I'd speak my mind.

First, a little background.

My son is (was) an avid player of football. Our family is big on sports. My husband, Butch, was in the UNGL and played football there for a few years until his back was ruptured. We're also a Christian family. We accept Jesus avidly. We even have a statue of him in our living room next to the football stand.

My son (Olaf), never played video games before this summer. He was a good student, with a 2.0 GPA, and played football like crazy. We went to every game. We decided to buy a liptop for him for his birthday in june.

One day we were watching the television, when an advertisement came on during a basketball game. It was for this Star craft 2 video game. My son was obviously interested, and went on this Blazzard website. I told him video games rot your head, and that was that.

But two months later I came home and found him alone in his room with the door locked. There was some repetive noise coming from inside, so I asked "Olaf what are you doing in there?", and barged into his room. To my horror he was sitting naked playing Star craft 2. I knew at that moment the devil was present, so I prayed.

When his father came home we had a talk. We agreed he wouldn't play any more Star craft 2 because it disagreed with Jesus. I decided to put a hidden camera in his bedroom.

Two days later I watched the footage, and was shocked. He sat in his room with his liptop and Star craft 2 on it. There was a man called ticcus I believe, and Olaf was talking to him. They drank whiskey together and smoked cigars. This Star craft 2 was making my son a criminal.

An hour later he was talking to some man on a micophone with his liptop over the internet web. I heard them mention something about a zorg rush. It sounded like a sexual thing. I think the man was a homosexual demon, and was poisoning my poor Olaf.

Enough was enough, and I showed the tape to my husband. Butch got all angry like and started beating Olaf, and told him not to be a gay man. He broke his nose. I thought that was the end of that.

But I was wrong. A week later, he invited a girl over when we wearnt home to show her a Star craft 2 zorg rush I think. I found them having naughty on the sofa. Star craft 2 has brought the devil into our house, I knew.

That night I called the Dr Chambers Society for the Christians, I saw on a Dr Phil. I told him my son was doing a zorg rush with a girl, and we thought he was becoming gay. The person said they would try their best to make him a straight Jesus man again, so we sent him away to the camp, telling him it was college.

Today I got a phone call and apparently my son had tried to hang himself. I went to the hospital, and he had his liptop. I was so sad I stoled it from him and this is what i found Star craft 2 blazzard websit on the internet web on his liptip screen.

I am so angry I am appearing on Fox news with the wonderuful casters there about the violence in video games and their effects on Jesus. On September 26 at 7:30 PM.

This is a sword of warning to all mothers out there who care about their sons. Thsi game would really destroy their lives if oyu don't stop letting them not trying to not let them play it.

Sincerely, Maggie Joe Beth

I lol'd, a LOT. :D I don't if that's fake, but it's hell funny. :D

Best part:
I told him my son was doing a zorg rush with a girl, and we thought he was becoming gay.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
If you read the post here, and follow the link, you'll see some people's beliefs are as close as the OP.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
But two months later I came home and found him alone in his room with the door locked. There was some repetive noise coming from inside, so I asked "Olaf what are you doing in there?", and barged into his room. To my horror he was sitting naked playing Star craft 2. I knew at that moment the devil was present, so I prayed.
what?

This is absurd. You cant be turned from a non-gamer to a complete addict just like that.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
If you read the post here, and follow the link, you'll see some people's beliefs are as close as the OP.

That Christian forum was quite funny to read. Not that I'm against them or anything, but these guys need to look at things from many other perspectives. Not only from that narrow, all-bad-perspective.
Ah, feels good to rant a bit.:thup:

@13lade619 True, true. SC2's been out for few weeks now and he's already got over 1000 wins as Terran? No way he could have done that as a non-gamer.

Also, has the thread been removed? I can't access it.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
That Christian forum was quite funny to read. Not that I'm against them or anything, but these guys need to look at things from many other perspectives. Not only from that narrow, all-bad-perspective.

@13lade619 True, true. SC2's been out for few weeks now and he's already got over 1000 wins as Terran? No way he could have done that as a non-gamer.

Also, has the thread been removed? I can't access it.

Probably too many people reported it as trolling. :p

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Err..
The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional[1] Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a parody of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If she hadn't bought him that damned 'liptop', he wouldn't have been able to play Starcraft 2. Blame her. :p

This is quite amusing to read. I too, doubt it's real.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. That is really disrespectful. :/

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I wonder if they have anything to say about the Quirino grandstand hostage taking..I can't really be bothered digging through so much hate.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I would just follow the old saying: "Ignorance is bliss."

It's best not to know more. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.