StarCraft II Patch 1.2.0 PTR Notes

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Notable changes:
• Battle.net Chat Channels have been added: -- Players can now join others in both public and private channels.
• Stalemate Detection has been added: - The game will end in a tie for all remaining players if no players have income, production, or destroyed any structures for three consecutive minutes.
• Customizable Hotkey Support has been added.
• Added a hotkey indicator option to show the primary hotkey on top of command buttons.

-- Phoenix Build time decreased from 45 to 35.
-- SCV Repairing SCVs now assume the same threat priority as the unit they’re repairing.
-- Infestor Fungal Growth no longer affects air units.

Massive full list here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1213111662

They're allowing us to test it:
Q: What is the Public Test Region?
A: The Public Test Region, or PTR, is a way for you to help us test and provide feedback on upcoming patches before they go live. Think of the PTR as open beta tests for patches. We've used the PTR system for many years with World of Warcraft and have had great success in improving patches by inviting players to participate, report bugs, and let us know what they think of the changes before they're implemented in the live game.

This is live, meet in channel The Helper!

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Hell, its about time.
But awesomesauce - one step closer to a better battlenet.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
These updates sound brilliant. :)

Daskunk

Reaction score
I can't get onto the PTR :(
You can't publish custom games to it, so its all melee. Its a little.. Dead. So, you aren't missing that much.
(I presume you can't get on because you aren't NA?)

CatCat

Reaction score
Meh.... Infestors can't target air.~~~ Which isn't really that bad. It wasn't really important against toss or terran air units. But it was almost essential against mutalisks when going with a zerg ground army >.> ZvZ will experience some changes I guess :p.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You can't publish custom games to it, so its all melee. Its a little.. Dead. So, you aren't missing that much.
(I presume you can't get on because you aren't NA?)

I'm sorry what?

I'm on the NA servers AND EU servers o_O

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Q: How do I participate in the PTR?

A: When the PTR is available, a retail patch will add a new executable file named “StarCraft II Public Test.exe” to the StarCraft II game directory. To access the PTR, go to the StarCraft II game directory and run the “StarCraft II Public Test.exe” executable.

A small patch will be downloaded to install the PTR client the first time you run it. Eligible accounts will already be enabled for the PTR so there's no sign-up needed for this phase of the PTR.
Q: Who can participate on the Test Region?

A: For the current phase of PTR, we've selected players with these criteria:

* The player has had an active StarCraft II North America game account before 11/11/10.

* The player's account is not a guest pass account, and is not suspended or banned.

Helped me, may help you too.

Daskunk

Reaction score
I'm sorry what?

I'm on the NA servers AND EU servers o_O
...? That might be whats messing it up. The PTR is only available to NA, thats why I asked. Remember its a separate .exe after you get the patch after connecting to NA.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I know that. I've tried both servers SQ, my game was installed on day of launch.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Aw..........(really long pause). NA realm again...

I really do, do, do want screenshots of the chat channels if anyone is actually in the PTR...

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
It's nice but they should've had chat channels a long time ago. Same with custom key support.

sqrage

Reaction score
Aw..........(really long pause). NA realm again...

I really do, do, do want screenshots of the chat channels if anyone is actually in the PTR...

-removed my screenshots due to abuse-

You can only join one public channel at a time...kind of lame

Daskunk

Reaction score
-removed screenshot due to abuse-

You can only join one public channel at a time...kind of lame
You can be in more then one public channel, just not more then one stance of the same channel. General Chat 1 through 10 are all the same channel, only different instances, so you can only be in one at a time. But you can be in Zerg Discussion, for an example, while being in General Chat 1.

Optional Way of Viewing Channels Ingame: (Sqrage shows the other on next page.)

Attachments

• TEMP junk.jpg
    TEMP junk.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 398

sqrage

Reaction score
You can be in more then one public channel, just not more then one stance of the same channel. General Chat 1 through 10 are all the same channel, only different instances, so you can only be in one at a time. But you can be in Zerg Discussion, for an example, while being in General Chat 1.

I see...

Here's one with chat channels in-game

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
i like the warcraft III chat channels much more.

sqrage

Reaction score
i like the warcraft III chat channels much more.

What's the difference besides the fact that here you can have multiple open at once and names are clickable? (both of which are great additions) :nuts:

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
The portrait system isn't as cool as the avatar one in warcraft III
channels are much bigger( as in more people, bigger chat box, and an actual feature not an add on)

You can meet people and AT with them in wc3 chat channels better than sc2 chat channels too. The peon avatar represents players a lot better than the sc2 default portrait

sqrage

Reaction score
The portrait system isn't as cool as the avatar one in warcraft III
channels are much bigger( as in more people, bigger chat box, and an actual feature not an add on)

You can meet people and AT with them in wc3 chat channels better than sc2 chat channels too. The peon avatar represents players a lot better than the sc2 default portrait

Do you really need a bigger chat window than this?
"You can meet people and AT with them in wc3 chat channels better than sc2 chat channels too."

How's that?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.