StarCraft II Patch 1.2.0 PTR Notes

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Do you really need a bigger chat window than this?
-removed screenshot due to abuse-
"You can meet people and AT with them in wc3 chat channels better than sc2 chat channels too."

How's that?

better environment

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The one problem in WC3 Chat Channels, is that you won't be seeing a lot of players actually chatting. Most of the time, they are idling, and stay silent.

Very few times, I was able to mock around about being silent, and got the chat channel active for a while...Missed that sensation.

Thanks to sqrage and Daskunk for the pictures. (Note to Self: sqrage's first name is Aaron.)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Doubt it.

Would be awesome if they somehow included tags to your username. I.E. you could set a clan tag to something like (using Team Liquid as example) set your tag to "Liquid" and it'd tag it onto your name. So you could just use your regular username (w/o tags added) and become: LiquidSevion.

Ofc have the choice of add to beginning, end, or not at all. And brackets and what-have-you can be added manually.

That would be a cool feature.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Channels were only really useful for clans. Some sort of clan system would be great.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Not in SC2, obs matches are awesome. (And ridiculously popular already)
I just joined an off-the-bat 10p tournament that they randomly started.

Channels are good for meeting and arranging lots of things, but I agree they were\are best for clans. Which we still don't have. :(

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please, please, please implement 'Broods', Blizzard.

... brood tags.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Clan system will come, I promise you that. It's just not in this patch. It's probably at a much later time.

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
Being in a chat channel while you are ingame is a cool idea but I think the 100 person limit per channel will make it fail horribly because the most popular channels will just be filled up with playing people.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Being in a chat channel while you are ingame is a cool idea but I think the 100 person limit per channel will make it fail horribly because the most popular channels will just be filled up with playing people.

When will you realistically have a conversation with over 30 people?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Hopefully it will get raised soon, yeah. I know for public channels they made "Instances" to try and fix that problem, idk about private channels. (Btw, in this latest patch for the test patch theres a drop-down list to let you choose the instance you want to be in.)

Randomly joined a 8 player FFA match from general chat yesterday. o_O

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
When will you realistically have a conversation with over 30 people?

Well, look at the DotA channels in Wc3 where people joined matches against each other with some bots keeping up with ranking, now try that in Sc2 where everyone will still sit in the channel.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a limit??

That is reasonable though. You don't see more than 100 players chatting at the same time...Imagine having 15 constantly updating messages every second.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I dislike having chat messages show up while I'm in game, so I disabled that. It's rather annoying when you're speccing/playing and there are 30158345 purple chat messages popping up every second. Distracts you.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I dislike having chat messages show up while I'm in game, so I disabled that. It's rather annoying when you're speccing/playing and there are 30158345 purple chat messages popping up every second. Distracts you.
From there, you're happy about this patch, right?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
From there, you're happy about this patch, right?

Definitely, everything from this patch is awesome. I actually am trying to say that I like that you can disable it :p Some people may want it enabled.

I just like that foresight.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.