Stephen King's "IT"

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
I'm confused about whether i should watch the movie of "IT" first, or read the book first.
Apparently the book is great, and apparently the movie is good aswell.
Has anyone read and watched "IT" that could give me some advice?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
he is right. because if you read the book. youll criticize it for not following the book, no book to movie deal stays true to the book.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I didnt like the movie, but thats probably because of what the above people said. :p The book was great, and i at the least suggest you read it. seeing the movie is up to you.

Zakyath

Reaction score
I can't read books after I've seen the movie. For me, it's more important while reading a book not knowing what will happen. I would never in my life re-read a book, while I have nothing against re-watching a good film. Though, if this applied to you - would you be asking? No. Watch the movie first.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Watch the movie first. So you don't get spoils. Then read the book. The movie will probably be different, so less da spoils in da book when read.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
The movie's like 6 hours long, just to warn you.

I rather liked it, effects were good even though it's so old. I'd go on but I don't want to spoil anything. :p

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'd read the book first, it came first... and then you can imagine everything the way YOU want to, not the way the director of the movie wanted. After watching the movie, that will be lost.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Ugh, theres an equal amount of opinions towards each side.
I want to book to be good when i read it, but i hope it doesn't ruin the movie when i watch it.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Out of the subject *a little

Was IT idea/concept based on John Wayne Gacy?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh! 6 hours of movie, or 6 hours of that book...

Decisions, decisions...:confused:

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Movie was written for TV segments. Its 3 hours 13 minutes in film format.

Could someone who's actually seen the movie give a detailed synopses/review?
So far this threads just a lot pf people being like "lol clowns", and "lol book first". Majority of the reviews I've found online to me seem like their missing the point (as far as casual audiences are concerned; not discussing the actual level of enjoyment factor of the film, but instead comparing it to the novel and whatnot.

Its a separate piece of media, and if I'm going to see it, I don't really care whats in the book.

I'm interested in seeing this myself but its difficult to get ones hands on it, and am interested in someone close-ish to my age thinks of the film beyond "I liked/disliked it."

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It wasn't very good compared to the book. That said the book is good, therefore the movie is lesser than the book by all accounts, not necessarily bad. Given that it was copied... from the book, amazingly, it's not a separate piece of media; it's essentially the same thing in a different media format that was changed here and there and leaves out critical details that make the book great. And a creepy clown. I don't know what else to say, they're basically the same thing, only the book is better but you don't have to read the movie.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
For the record, the movie is broken into two movies. The first half is where the main characters are children, the second is 30 years later, them as adults.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Thanks for the posts jumpy and varine.
Though i just bought the book today, so looks like i'm reading it first. :p

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Thanks for the posts jumpy and varine.
Though i just bought the book today, so looks like i'm reading it first. :p

Why not read and watch em at the same time, or parts at the same time :)
Like either literally read while watching it.
Or read like 2 chapters, then see a chapter of the movie, repeat, etc.

^^

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Why not read and watch em at the same time, or parts at the same time :)
Like either literally read while watching it.
Or read like 2 chapters, then see a chapter of the movie, repeat, etc.

^^

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

That would take forever. Depending on how much interest I have in it I would read the book first so that I can imagine it how I want, then watch the movie which offers a different take on it. Or just throws any similarities away and just uses the name.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.