World 'Super pack' of 400 wolves terrorise remote Russian town

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
article-1354445-0D12588A000005DC-890_306x598.jpg

A 'super pack' of wolves has been terrifying a town after leaving more than 30 horses dead in just four days.

Four hundred bloodthirsty wolves have been spotted prowling around the edges of Verkhoyansk, in Russia, attacking livestock at will.

Twenty four teams of hunters have been put together to get rid of the wolves, with a bounty of £210 for every wolf skin brought to officials.

Stepan Rozhin, an administration official for the Verkhoyansk district in Russia, said: 'To protect the town we are creating 24 teams of armed hunters, who will patrol the neighbourhood on snowmobiles and set wolf traps.

Last edited:

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
But then the new wolves the join the packs of will learn the ways, and the Russians will have more super packs of wolves.
Do you want a canine uprising in Russia?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
poor wolves but i guess it has to be done for the safety. thats a massive pack though

and 210 pounds for each? thats 84,000 pounds if you get all 400 of em damn, i should become a hunter and make some moneys.

also the guy in the pic looks like such a badass

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Seriously, This story is full of crap and Just an excuse to hunt them :thdown:

Btw: The largest pack of wolves was around 30-50 wolves and wolves usually form groups of no more than 20 Really!

Just leave them alone, for fuck's sake!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Seriously, This story is full of crap and Just an excuse to hunt them :thdown:

Btw: The largest pack of wolves was around 30-50 wolves and wolves usually form groups of no more than 20 Really!

Just leave them alone, for fuck's sake!

Did anyone here know firecat had a Ph D in ethology? I had no clue!

It says in the article what you guys pointed out... they know wolves usually hunter in small packs but this is an exception.

I'm pretty sure scientists who live in russia and interact with these animals have a better idea of what they're talking about than you.

FireCat

Reaction score
Well, you see the leaving in a group, Don't they? So where are the pictures of 400 wolves? :rolleyes:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Firecat, first, get a ranch and livestock that you use as your job, life, etc and what you use to feed your family. Then we will unleash 400 wolves onto your ranch. And then IF you try to deal with them we will cry about how you should stop killing wolves, and if you decide not to deal with them, then, well, i would wish you good luck.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Damn that's a lot of wolves. But couldn't they not kill them and just relocate them some where far away from the town.

If the wolves are relocated, they'd probably find their way back to the russian town and terrorize them within a few days. Plus the expense to relocate them would be much higher than 210 russian currency each

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Only in Russia? :confused:

In Soviet Russia - we have great beast - 400 strong. Make small capitalist wolf pack look pathetic under Russian might...

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This is just a simple example of nature, It's just like hunting anything else, if you don't kill it, it will kill you and/or kill your live stock and eat too many resources...
Hunting exists for a reason. I love wolfs too but the simple fact is they need to go, if they don't they will just reproduce faster than they should.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
No way there's 400 in a wolves pack. So I would not worry about It

It's fake and the hunters are Just blood thirsty killers. They always blame on wolves no matter what.

And how do YOU know that?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Firecat said:
No way there's 400 in a wolves pack. So I would not worry about It

It's fake and the hunters are Just blood thirsty killers. They always blame on wolves no matter what.

I'm sorry, i didn't know you w...

You know what, fuck it. im not going to feed the troll.

FireCat

Reaction score
I'm not a fucking troll stop that!

BTW: Read Facts and so on about WOLVES Then you understend moar!

If "some" of wolves comes to town or whatever

That's pure humans fault Not wolves.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.