TESH for NewGen

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
for me...512 mb took me 15 seconds to save my map...i dont like so to keep on waste 15 sec to test if my coding got errors

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Then get JASSCraft... If your syntax checker doesn't correctly syntax globals/newgen enhancements, I think replacing the NewGen PJASS with the JASSCraft PJASS will do... I didn't try it though. :)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
New version, see the first post.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
wow...new version is nice..with syntex checker and the FOLDALL ...
I like it :D +repo

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> no vJass support though

Why ? Overall good work as usual. I had problem to save just README "trigger" to map - it started to give "can' t find map to save" error (vJASS thing). But it continued whenever I closed or opened map again with same error, it was impossible to save map so it gets saved and vJASS parsed. The error I got with using NJGP v 3d and TESH 0.6 (I haven' t tested latest TESH though.).

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Why ?
Because JassHelper is not so friendly. It can only take a complete map for parsing.
I'll see if I can improvise this (save the trigger in a dummy map), but the editor's save map option will always be better.

> it started to give "can' t find map to save" error
TESH generally should have nothing to do with saving. Are you running the right file? If it's NewGen then you should be running NewGen WorldEditor.exe, not we.bat.
But the old version did have the nasty bug where TESH would mark the map as "modified" even if you don't change a trigger. This might have had something to do with your issue, fixed now so try 0.7.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Great job on this SFilip! Thanks a bunch for this, no need for JassCraft anymore I guess.

Just few things:

1) Functions' window is too small, hard to read it.
2) If I change something in options and exit NewGen, the options will reset.
3) Next find doesn't work, but that may be becuase that my keyboard is odd.
4) Did you think of disabling the software when the trigger is disabled? It is quite hard to read a Read Me with TESH on, and as far as I know, there is no easy way to swtich it on / off.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
ah....Sfilip i got 1 more suggestion...

Why not remove the function window but make in as a tab beside the code?
Some thing like it can be minimize or restore....beside to code...

It is way too ...not effient to keep switch between windows to search for the natives...

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It is strange, I opened up Blizzard's Azeroth Grand Prix in NewGen, then I opened the trigger editor but suddenly, it just showed a bunch of errors saying like "Unknown error in '658958490358'" or something like that... It might just be NewGen but since it happened when I opened the trigger editor...

:\

It works in regular WE though... :(

EDIT: Actually, it does that whenever I open any map, I think.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> Functions' window is too small, hard to read it.
> not effient to keep switch between windows to search for the natives
Right, I put in the changelog that the function list can be merged with the editor (anyone reads that thing anyhow? :rolleyes:) but never mentioned how...
You should see a small minimize button in the function list, just click on it and it will merge with the rest in pretty much the same way JassCraft does.

> If I change something in options and exit NewGen, the options will reset.
Although TESH saves options ever since the very first version (0.1), there is always someone claiming it doesn't work. :nuts:
To fix this I made most of the options save dynamically (as soon as you select them) (needless to say it never really failed for me in the first place) so I have absolutely no idea what's the cause for this.

> Next find doesn't work, but that may be becuase that my keyboard is odd.
Tried it manually through that button? Again always worked for me.

> Did you think of disabling the software when the trigger is disabled?
Yeah, it was initially supposed to be in this version, but I wanted to release ASAP because of the bugs. It's on the 0.8 TODO.

> it just showed a bunch of errors
Ouch...
1. Are you sure TESH is causing this? Try disabling it in we.conf.lua.
2. Old version works fine?
3. Happens only for custom text triggers or GUI too (in other words does it happen when you turn the Trigger Editor on right away or only when you select a Jass trigger)?
4. Try removing both INI files and empty the includes directory if you put something in there.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
> it just showed a bunch of errors
Ouch...
1. Are you sure TESH is causing this? Try disabling it in we.conf.lua.
2. Old version works fine?
3. Happens only for custom text triggers or GUI too (in other words does it happen when you turn the Trigger Editor on right away or only when you select a Jass trigger)?
4. Try removing both INI files and empty the includes directory if you put something in there.

Yes, Ouch. I clicked OK but it just showed another same error in a different area, then it kept piling up and the errors wouldn't exit, then I needed to use "End Task" for WE and it took a while. Rofl..

1. Yea, I moved the TESH folder out of the directory and it worked.
2. Yea.
3. It closes before the trigger editor even opens. If the trigger editor is open, it immediately shows the error when the map finishes loading.
4. INI?

Alright, I'm kind of confused.

I installed TESH and the only files it included in the TESH folder is:
  • SciLexer.dll
  • TESH.dll
  • funclist
  • TESH.conf
  • includes

Strange, let me download the 7z file and check if downloading that works.

EDIT: Nvm.. It just contains the same files. :p

EDIT 2: I re-installed TESH and I still experience the same problems.

The directory is correct. Is there any other stuff I'm supposed to do other than just installing it?

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
aw...goddame..i DOnt know it is the minimize button....sorry Sfilip...got a stupid suggestion to u -.-

But you should mention that pressed minimize button in the function list will merge the function list to the trigger editor

edit...Thanks to me..i Exploited a bug

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
@~GaLs~:

[offtopic]

The effect "laser" can be directly created when it is created so it becomes:
JASS:
local effect laser = AddSFX(...)

Instead of TriggerSleepAction, you should use PolledWait or better yet, PolledWait2:
JASS:
function TimerWait takes real duration returns nothing
    local timer t
    local real timeLeft
    if (duration > 0)
    then
        set t = CreateTimer()
        call TimerStart(t, duration, false, null)
        loop
            set timeLeft = TimerGetRemaining(t)
            exitwhen timeLeft <= 0
        endloop
        call DestroyTimer(t)
        set t = null
    endif
endfunction

Just put that in the map's header and it should work like a charm. ;)

But TSA is alright in your case. :D

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
aw...u hacked my image >.>''

anyway is there anydifference in PollWait and TriggerSleepAction ?
TSA is what?

[Back] Any one occur on the bug or is me only?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Known bug, couldn't fix that.
Just make up your mind - if you want it merged then keep it merged.
If you don't then don't merge in the first place.

> is there anydifference in PollWait and TriggerSleepAction
People asked this a lot in the past, please search (thread title should be something like "difference between wait and wait game time").

> TSA is what?
TriggerSleepAction.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>couldn't fix that.
Awn....then i rather just keep using 2 window...since merged version is ...there is not enough space for the code ...=.=

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Because JassHelper is not so friendly. It can only take a complete map for parsing.

Too bad :) nowdays I would like to use vJASS much more but can' t check it with TESH. Though it would be helpful check to people who dosn' t use vJASS but how many are people like that ? I' m not.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Right, forgot to answer PandF...
Try reinstalling NewGen (backup your current version first of course). Then run the installer again and see if it works.
If not then try opening we.conf.lua and comment everything except for the line that loads TESH.dll (comments are lines that begin with --).

> Though it would be helpful check to people who dosn' t use vJASS
This is basically the reason why it wasn't included until now.

> there is not enough space for the code
And this is the reason why merging wasn't included until now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.