the best part of Battle.net is...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, we don't want another DotA discussion.

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
The failed dota Rip-offs always make me laugh because they all have the same slogan.

Tired of Dota? Try Yoga!! Tired of Dota? Try Eota!!! tired of Dota? TRY MAKING A NEW SLOGAN!!!

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
And the only thing different then all the Dota rip offs is the one letter that happens to be added or changed.
People who kick you for no good reason is great
also when you leave a game cause no one is joining then the host whispers you "why did you leave?"
Yea thats happened to me before and there is only 2 answers you can do to that
A) either ignore him and go on with life
B) or the response "because no one was F*&^ing joining the map."

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Which reminds me of another annoying thing - people referring to things in a DotA context. Saying "pudge" instead of "abomination" or the map specific name of whichever unit has the abomination model, for example.

Oh god, that is the most annoying thing on battle.net.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
omfg i just remembered something sooooooo stupid. I was playing heroes and empires, and offered alliances to everyone. Some people refused, I offered again, and again, a few people refused. I found green, asked why he wouldn't ally. No response. I sent an ally request. No response. I recruited my force of mercenaries to attack him, but first I sent one last ally request. No response. Then I levelled his army, but his workers and buildings lived because of the grace period. He says "CK gray." So I got custom kicked because I attacked my enemy. God that really aggravates me. Seriously, if you're going to not ally someone THEY'RE ENTITLED TO ATTACK YOU. And then here's the conversation that took place after his host-friend CK'ed me:
Crazed_Hobo: why'd you have me custom kicked? I offered an alliance several times
Bobmow: respect hte grace period
Crazed_Hobo:i did. Your buildings are invulnerable during that period, so are your workers. You couldn've stopped me by building towers and targeting my hero.
bobmow: respect the grace period please
Crazed_Hobo: did you read anything i just said? you could have used that to stop me, you could have built towers
bobmow: respect the custom kick please
Crazed_Hobo: which would be invulnerable
Crazed_Hobo: then you could have repelled me. If you wanted peace you should have allied, I told you how to use the grace period and what it does. Oh wait sorry I'm supposed to leave you alone and let you get an unfair advantage and then attack you.
<no response>
basically they wanted no conflict at all during the grace period apparently, yet they didn't specify that anywhere. In other words, his empire was supposed to have 10 minutes of unfettered growth to build an army that could smash other people easily, instead of playing the game how it should have been played. Sometimes I can really hate b.net. I think I need a hug.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I hate it when I join a game and am expected to know a certain, petty language.

Dramatized Example:

User 1: kk thx, bff bq?
User 2: wtf? no joo ffn!
Ninva: Guys, I have no clue what you're saying.
User 3: WTH GTFO NOOB!
User 1: lol no uber dotafags allowed, ur imbla.
User 2: ttfn gg newbie.
User 1: epic lulz banlist

The worst part is that the freshmen from high school would speak like this for a few months.

Reaction score
omfg i just remembered something sooooooo stupid. I was playing heroes and empires, and offered alliances to everyone. Some people refused, I offered again, and again, a few people refused. I found green, asked why he wouldn't ally. No response. I sent an ally request. No response. I recruited my force of mercenaries to attack him, but first I sent one last ally request. No response. Then I levelled his army, but his workers and buildings lived because of the grace period. He says "CK gray." So I got custom kicked because I attacked my enemy. God that really aggravates me. Seriously, if you're going to not ally someone THEY'RE ENTITLED TO ATTACK YOU. And then here's the conversation that took place after his host-friend CK'ed me:

basically they wanted no conflict at all during the grace period apparently, yet they didn't specify that anywhere. In other words, his empire was supposed to have 10 minutes of unfettered growth to build an army that could smash other people easily, instead of playing the game how it should have been played. Sometimes I can really hate b.net. I think I need a hug.

That's why I usually host my own games. It is too easy to accidentally run afoul of "host's friend" or break some unspoken rule.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
i think you guys forgot a big one, QQ wars.

Naix's head has been pawned by Drow for 200 gold!
Naix: wow imba more
Drow: QQ MORE
Niax: im not crying
Drow: QQQQQ
Niax: the only one QQing here is u
Drow: QQ
Someotherguy: stfu
Drow: make me, QQ
Niax: thats if your dead
(the whole team ganks drow)
Drow's head has been pawned by Naix for 200 gold!
Niax: ahhahahahah, QQ NOOB
Drow: you suck
Niax: QQ
Drow: *cusses*
Drow has left the game

etc.

and...some game names

Dota .53 -apem us/ca GIRL HOST!!! // ...your probably a sick man trying to lure boys
JOIN IF YOU WANNA CYBER
i SHIP WEED, WHISPER ME //im serious, i saw this
HOST PRONZ // .....wtf

oh and blist is stupid. the only blist you have to be scared of are the official banlist hosts (which ive never seen so whatever), other than that, the chance that you bump into the same person is unlikely. if you do get on the "official" blist, make a new account. whoo hoo.

EDIT: oh and a very popular game name

STARCRAFT 2 DEMO AT STARCRAFT2z.COM!!!!

when you go to that website, it asks you to download zango or something which my antivirus detected as a trojan. -.-

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The "I'm the best.. that's final. Its against the rules if I'm not" people.

In a TD:
1: haha! I rock
> 1 has just gotten a super tower! <
1. W000 I'll kill boss easy!
Me: ermm.. We're stronger
1. OMDZ STFU IM BEST
> Romek1uk just won <
1. OMG NOOB. HAX. NOOB. BLBLBLBLBLBBL HAX FRIEND WILL HAX YOU

Ahh.. thats another thing.
"I can hack you"
- How?
"I dunno.. my friend can"

"I can beat this before 3 minutes"
> 5 minutes later <
"Well.. my friend did"

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
EDIT: oh and a very popular game name

STARCRAFT 2 DEMO AT STARCRAFT2z.COM!!!!

when you go to that website, it asks you to download zango or something which my antivirus detected as a trojan. -.-

They had a thread about this not too long ago. I think they closed and moved it somewhere now. I can't find it, but I didn't look too hard.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Yeah or on us west (this is probably on east to) the maps with this as a language
. )
,(0
wtf language is that? One example of that is soldier td, non english translated version
If this is a language someone please show me a link of it

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I hate that, or when USWest has games titled '...' That's why i'm USEast only >_<

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Randomly getting messaged by someone who is pissed at you for the most unimportant reasons. I actually do love this. It creates for hella' fun time. :)

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Me and some guy have a flame war in DotA after he accused me of hacking after I pawned his head.

Towards the end:
Me: Hey Purple.
Him: What you hacking faggot
Me: Did I send you
Me: the link
Me: of that guy
few seconds later..
Me: who raped your mum?
And thats how the convo ended.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
I guess no one took that part seriously
has anyone ever played the map that is hosted as and i believe is called
if so is it any good?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.