What are some of the best laptop brands?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
squaretradenov2009-lg3.jpg

they are more or less the same, I prefer sagers tho

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
the link works fine for me.. it's just that you need to look at the PDF - gizmodo just took the image directly from there

direct link to PDF

I understood your post as saying that gizmodo created that image from data that they got from squaretrade, as opposed to them just copying an image that was already made by squaretrade

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
ASUS has been really good as of late, as far as I've seen.

I've worked with a lot of Dell laptops, and they have been decent, as far as reliability goes.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, the only problem I've ever had with my mac is my charger, which broke after I dropped it and beat it around too much, and the customer support is awesome, the guy asked how my day was and got me a new charger for free, even though my warranty was a few days over. If you're not going to be running four high quality games, Mac is my personal suggestion for the way to go, and with WINE, there's really very little reason now to not get them, other than support for games (half of this is fixed with WINE) and the processors, but as time goes on, each Mac can handle better graphics, so let's see what happens :thup:

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I, as usual recommend Apple. I've got the current generation 13" MBP at home, it's very nice. What are you looking for in a laptop? (i.e a gaming laptop, long battery life etc...)

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
You probably wouldn't be gaming much on a laptop considering heat and battery life. An apple would be expensive, but customer support really is great, and if it breaks (maybe a spill or unfortunate accident) you can get it replaced completely for free on warranty, which is 6 months normally and 3 years if you pay for apple care (it's expensive, but pays off in the case of unfortunate accidents).

Also my opinion is most likely biased.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I don't really think Apple is that expensive anymore. I've looked around at laptop prices online and they are all fairly similar (correct me if I'm wrong).
but customer support really is great, and if it breaks (maybe a spill or unfortunate accident) you can get it replaced completely for free on warranty, which is 6 months normally and 3 years if you pay for apple care (it's expensive, but pays off in the case of unfortunate accidents).
I thought the warranty only covered hardware related issues? Also, I believe the warranty is one year or three with AppleCare.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
ive been using a toshiba lately, and i actually like it, not to mention i heard that toshiba satellites were indestructible. I wouldnt recommend them for gaming (or at least my laptop) since they use integrated chips.

I think some dell laptops tend to degrade quickly as time goes on, but like slapshot said, their business line is very good.

Its very general on what you said, what is good for what etc. etc..

There are brands that are known to target certain people like Alienware targets gamers, Apple generally targets people that do business. Whatever. It really depends on what one is using the laptop for.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I think the dell business line is good, but their consumer line is crap, just from the build quality of the dell laptops Ive played with

My current laptop is a Dell, and well, I hate it. :(

I'd go with Toshiba. I know three people with one, and they run pretty well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.