What Feature would you want in WE?

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
sjakie said:
And maby a bit simpler jass codes.
JASS is an amazingly simple language compared to, say, JAVA or C#.
sjakie said:
And if you zoom out, you should be able to see the whole map, it turns black (at least, mine does) when i zoom out to much.
Hold control and scroll with the mouse wheel. If you don't have a mouse wheel, hold control+shift and move the mouse in and out.
sjakie said:
And some handy tool to build things on exact places. Like, i built a tower and i want another tower at the exact opposite spot on the map. Something that can do that instantly would be quite handy :D
The World Editor has a little "coordinates" thing in the bottom-left corner of the main window for a reason....
sjakie said:
Oh, and a normal damage system, not that weird dice thing, i dont understand a dam of it. It would be handy if you could just enter the min and max damage.
Unit Damage Calculation

D

Dylan.G

Hello romek, i like this website maybe it can help with with my mapping.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
But Pyrogasm,
JASS is an amazingly simple language compared to, say, JAVA or C#.

Compared to those, but it is still quite hard to use sometimes ,and everything can get more simple cant it? (exept for eggs, I cant simplify those)

Hold control and scroll with the mouse wheel. If you don't have a mouse wheel, hold control+shift and move the mouse in and out.

I bet its a verry handy trick, but either it doesnt work or im just being dumb again:nuts:

The World Editor has a little "coordinates" thing in the bottom-left corner of the main window for a reason.....

I wanted something easy to put things on the exact oposite spot, I'd spend more time calculating and fumbling with the "coordinates" than I spend time now counting the tiles. (because, as you noticed, im dumb :D)

Is'nt typing min and max damage much, much, and much more easy than calculating it every time. (sure, its a exelent solution for now, but thats not the question. The question was what feature i wanted in the WE)

Come to think of it, is there some kind of destroy brush, cuz i need to destroy a lot of things and i dont feel like clicking and pressing delete 3000 times.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Click, drag, release, delete :p No need for a new brush

With a brush its Click, drag, release, auto-delete, though you could go in smooth paths rather than just boxes.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
sjakie said:
I wanted something easy to put things on the exact oposite spot, I'd spend more time calculating and fumbling with the "coordinates" than I spend time now counting the tiles. (because, as you noticed, im dumb :D)
All you have to do is multiply the X and Y coordinates by -1. That will flip it across the map.
sjakie said:
I bet its a verry handy trick, but either it doesnt work or im just being dumb again
Well, I probably didn't translate it right from Mac—>PC. On a Mac it's Command+Scroll with mouse wheel. ><

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Click, drag, release, delete :p No need for a new brush

With a brush its Click, drag, release, auto-delete, though you could go in smooth paths rather than just boxes.

If you click, drag, release, delete, you still just destroy 1 right?
Or do you mean doubleclick and delete?
Cuz i tried that, but it doesnt work, if i doubleclick it only gives extra information on the doodad.

All you have to do is multiply the X and Y coordinates by -1. That will flip it across the map.
Ill write that down, i think i can use that, thanks :D

Well, I probably didn't translate it right from Mac—>PC. On a Mac it's Command+Scroll with mouse wheel. ><
Na, i dont have a Mac (at least, i dont have a command button, and it doesnt say Mac, so i gues i dont:()

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
A "Make A Finished Map" button.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Ctrl+Mouse Wheel works for me.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
If you click, drag, release, delete, you still just destroy 1 right?
Or do you mean doubleclick and delete?
Cuz i tried that, but it doesnt work, if i doubleclick it only gives extra information on the doodad.

Click and drag, make one of those box thingies.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
>>..whats wrong with it?<<

some times when you test the triggers bug up

Prometheus

Reaction score
Thats same as if you save.
It's WEs built in trigger checker.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

punwisp

Reaction score
I wish WE could just Auto path skins model etc... making things faster, easier, and less complicating. Also if you want to toss a whole unit model, press delete and it deletes all thats hooked to that model

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Click and drag, make one of those box thingies.

Im sorry, but you have to be more specific.
I tried dragging, deleting, and searching for box thingies, but i just cant find the thing you guys mean.:banghead:

S

SweMupp

Im sorry, but you have to be more specific.
I tried dragging, deleting, and searching for box thingies, but i just cant find the thing you guys mean.:banghead:

How do you select multiply units while playing a game of warcraft? You just press and hold the left mouse button (right if your left handed) and drag the box that now is attached to the cursor to all the units you wish to select, right? It's the same in WE.

And to all those who think the dice damage is bad, it ain't, it gives a unique way to increase the damage of an unit using upgrades. There is (I currently doesn't have access to WE/wc3 so correct me if I'm wrong) two ways to increase damage using upgrades, one that increases base damage and one that increases the number of dices. For example, if you have an unit, say a Footman, and his base damage is 10, number of dices is 1 and sides per dice is 6, his damage would be 11-16 (number of dices*sides per dice + base dmg). Then you upgrade an upgrade that increases number of dices by 1 and base damage by 2, his new damage would be 14-24 (number of dices(now 2)*sides per dice(6)+base dmg(now 12)).

Of course, this could be change with a more simple version using the mindmg-maxdmg system (for the unit I used as an example you just would have to enter 11 in the mindmg field and 16 in the maxdmg field), the upgrades could then be changed from increase basedmg/number of dices into increasing the minimum damage and/or the maximum damage. (Altough this maybe will bug the game if, using upgrades, a player increases an unit's mindmg to a value that's higher then it's maxdmg)
(There might be major and/or minor spelling errors, as english is not my native language, sorry)

Prometheus

Reaction score
You could just TRIGGER every single attack in the game for every single unit and do the certain damage you want.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could just TRIGGER every single attack in the game for every single unit and do the certain damage you want.

Wow... amazing feature. would be very useful :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.