What Feature would you want in WE?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Got some in my mind
Repplace All Standard Units With Custom (All standard units would be replaced by all your custom units, resulting that you just like edited the standard units and never made any custom ones. Might Save some bytes.)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
How do you select multiply units while playing a game of warcraft? You just press and hold the left mouse button (right if your left handed) and drag the box that now is attached to the cursor to all the units you wish to select, right? It's the same in WE.

I finaly understand, why didnt you people just say its just the same as selecting a group of units by holding the mouse button, instead of click, drag, box thingy?:D Thanks.

But about the dice system, just make sure min damage cant be higher than max damage and min-max damage system is better in all perspectives right?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The dice system has its unique ways of increasing a units attack damage.
If in upgrades, you had to specify a new attack damage, I'm sure people would complain because they would have to go and check the old one, and make a new one accordingly.

And Click drag box thingy was d=trying to make it very simple... you can't really get that much simpler.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
...Bump

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
One thing:

A unit attacks/is attacked/is damaged to work properly.

gref

Reaction score
Use my system and clean your units on death?

A more diverse model library. Wow's models and icons in warcraft III

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
there should be terrian tiles that are wider, say like 1.5 blocks
would be very useful in mazes

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
there should be terrian tiles that are wider, say like 1.5 blocks
would be very useful in mazes

Speaking of tiles, Why don't you make them 0.5?

I hate how thick they are.
And if they're 0.5, you can use 3 layers in mazes (Like you said, 1.5), and it'd be better for terraining paths and other stuff.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
they should put terrian in the object editor so you can edit the scale, tint etc

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It needs to be easier. Jass and other stuff are too complicated.
Why the hell do we need all that? It makes life more difficult.
Better triggers and easier triggers and much more functions.
Better and easier skinning.
Faster program as in when you edit the names and such, no more pausing for 10 seconds or w/e.

1. Learning JASS is complicated, but you get the hang of it once your past that... :)
2. JASS is more efficient and faster, why not?

Anywho, I want them to have better mouse tracking, so you can track a point. And I want them to allow registering of all keys. Creating doodads is good also.

All of the ideas planned for WarSoc I want... :D

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
The dice system has its unique ways of increasing a units attack damage.
If in upgrades, you had to specify a new attack damage, I'm sure people would complain because they would have to go and check the old one, and make a new one accordingly.

And Click drag box thingy was d=trying to make it very simple... you can't really get that much simpler.

I wouldnt have problems checking the old damage (not that i make maps the use a lot of upgrades anyway) but if some people really are attached to the dice system, why not make something that can swap bitween both the systems?

And the bix thingy was NOT simple, the world editor is full of boxes :(

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Being able to open multiple windows of WE....So i can work on multiple projects at one time....

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Being able to open multiple windows of WE....So i can work on multiple projects at one time....

Window > Choose a map.

and Purge reminded me. A key is released would be awesome (acceleration)

CYRRIC

Reaction score
a progrmae to change color of everythink simple like in the elf race you have corut treant and some other bulding but not everyone but the color is nice it would be great to take all the other and change the color as the same its ans example i wanted to change the night elves to the elves of snow so all in somethink like white but i couldnt i have to load them change in gimp save them and reload them pffffff to long and sometime to hard especial when you want to change color because all color are not the same

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its easier to just reskin.
Instead of making some super ultra editable elves.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump.

Switch33

Reaction score
Got some in my mind
Repplace All Standard Units With Custom (All standard units would be replaced by all your custom units, resulting that you just like edited the standard units and never made any custom ones. Might Save some bytes.)

--> Vexorian did a test on this and it doesn't increase map loading time nor map size editing a regular unit rather than creating a new custom one.

-The .blp opener INSIDE the editor would be amazing.
-What would be even better is if it could somehow use that blp pallette program that PitzerMike made on wc3campaigns on every type of image file you import or something like that.(Basically auto converts files of image type from like 12kb to 3kb around 70% compression without us doing anything except importing :eek:) Same idea w/ mdx squisher!

-Maybe a tooltip text thing where u can select colors of what color the text would be good as well. So you can easily switch between changing colors like when making items or spell tooltips that you want to follow a certain standard.

-What i really want is tho: (It had an editor that was supposed to run w/ it's mpq but it doesn't render stuff right, so basically the editor part is useless.)
The abillity for the editor to use it's own custom mpq + regular wc3 mpq's sorta like what this program was supposed to do:
HTML:
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://xgm.ru/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D5377%26page%3D1%26pp%3D20&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dxgm.ru%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3D95B
Forgive the long link, it's in russian and thats the google translated version of it.
Beware the program can get u banned from ladder on bnet! Which is why i intended to use it on gg client but i currently cannot connect using gg client :(.

-This would be great too, i'm not just talking about that window thing. I mean being able to have 2 WEditors open at one time. And being able to copy something from one and minimize and maximize the other and paste XD.

-The JASSNewGen pack for sure needs to allow us to use more tiles ARGH! Sucks sticking to the number blizzard preset. Also the idea of extending or shaping tiles would be awesome it would get rid of that square blockyness u get sometimes.

-An easier way to create a tech tree for a new race where it auto organizes it for you would blow people's socks off for sure. There would be so many more enhanced melee type maps w/ more races lol. Including the annoying work that people don't usually know how to do like adding the new races heroes using gameplay constants (so they can only get a 1 of that hero.)

-An option to change team color of a unit without changing it's owner. Theres supposed to be a trigger for it not sure if it really works, well, it didn't work too good when i tried it.

-Maybe a Pre-Picture of a multiboard in the editor that shows one depending on what triggers you add/change like changing text of row 1 column 1 to smile would show the word smile on the multiboard image. So you really know what ur doing instead of having to go back and forth through the editor and in-game seeing where things were placed right or look off etc.

-A "Make A Finished Map" button. One that runs wc3mapoptimizer and optimizes your map and/or widgetizer (all settings of this are editable choosing not to use widgetizer or etc.).

-The regular wc3 importer except with folders!!! Categorize icons, models and skins that belong together etc. Being even able to set paths that way maybe? Like Textures\ and just insert .blp files in there.

-Being able to apply only certain brackets to the object editor so you can single out what ur editing yet editing something won't take forever!!!! (like using just custom Human and Creep brackets)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Simple Built-In Model editor
Like you can create and edit models really easily and for animation you set it to record the animation and you can then lets say click on an arm and move it up and down and then like de-click and it'll save it as an animation and you can do multiple ones and combine it so walking would take a grand total of 1 minute to do.

Switch33

Reaction score
In my opinion mdl editing should sorta be seperate from the editor the wc3modeleditor works fine as it is, it only takes a second to open and edit models really. I got quite addicted to it now. It's really useful for lots of things.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.