What will be the first map that you will make when SCII comes out?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well I am going to make a map entarly based on the hydralisks.How about you?????

Reaction score
I don't have the editor yet, so I don't know where to begin.

I would probably begin with some TD. I just first have to see what the editor offers.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Someone's going to start Day of the Alliance, and it will fail miserably.

Followed shortly after by "$$$ New Improved Money Hunters Extreme Super Plus II - Now with EXTRA Money $$$", bound to end BNet.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Hmm, It relly depends on the features.

If they add. A way to tell them in code. To do the same thing as when a user Holds Shift and tells there guy to go to 10 spots. Then i may attempt a game i am considering trying now warcraft 3...

But First...
I Plan on remaking Tetris, if key bored input is faster. and making it mulitplayer.

Most of my game ideas, are on hold, because there a pain to do with just triggers, and i am too lazy to learn jazz, because there will be a new language based on c for star craft 2. So i am waiting to learn that. :)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Hmm, It relly depends on the features.

If they add. A way to tell them in code. To do the same thing as when a user Holds Shift and tells there guy to go to 10 spots. Then i may attempt a game i am considering trying now warcraft 3...

But First...
I Plan on remaking Tetris, if key bored input is faster. and making it mulitplayer.

Most of my game ideas, are on hold, because there a pain to do with just triggers, and i am too lazy to learn jazz, because there will be a new language based on c for star craft 2. So i am waiting to learn that. :)

what if they use jass for SC2? prolly not but possible.

also the first map i make would be a zergling game, cuz zergling rushes are cool

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A huge, multi-map campaign.

The story will follow the character Arthas as he fights against the Scourge in Lordaeron. Then, it becomes an entirely personal affair and he heads into Northrend, pursuing a Dreadlord named Mal'Ganis, and loots the Frostmourne. Eventually, he's getting corrupted by the sword, and...

Reaction score
I realyl think they should have a more advanced editor this time so we dont get to many crappy custom maps and more to the people who take time and effort in creating them and making them very fun and interesting.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Hmmm, depending on what everything is like in the editor (assuming I even bother to get SC2 :p), I may very well end up sticking to the usual stuff (i.e. demo maps), I don't have the patience or the willpower to sit down and stick to making a full map.

I realyl think they should have a more advanced editor this time so we dont get to many crappy custom maps
Just because there will be a more advanced editor, that doesn't mean that people still won't make crap :(

Volkof

Reaction score
I dont know if i will be touching staredit 2

The reason I enjoy warcraft 3 is because it has levellable HEROES.

Starcarft heroes are not levellable.

Evoroth

Reaction score
I dont know if i will be touching staredit 2

The reason I enjoy warcraft 3 is because it has levellable HEROES.

Starcarft heroes are not levellable.
In a Starcraft FAQ batch, Blizzard wrote that units in the editor will be able to earn experience. And a leveling system WILL be made by players.

I will first look through the trigger list and imagine evil things I can do with it. Then, I will spend hours thinking I already can create a wondrous terrain, with loads of ideas that suck, and I will truly believe I am the first one the get them. Then I will add completely non-logical triggers and finally complete a game that seems to be glitchy like hell, and whose goal is to abuse the glitches. GG.

However, does anybody know if leaks will be taken away from functions in the GUI?

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
.... I've post it before and I'll post it again....

SCII EDITOR INFO!!>!>>!>!

That's all the official statements so far about what the editor will contain. I assume that by stating -

Users will have access to a user-friendly Trigger Editor, which will allow beginner and intermediate map designers to make advanced maps without having to learn the particular details of the scripting language.

- means that leaks will no longer be an issue, because how could you make an advanced map if it contained leaks? They are covering alot of minor bases with world editor additions so a big thing like leakage would have to be taken care of.

There's a few interesting things quoted on that page, it'll be cool to be able to stop missles in flight.... bullet time anyone?

Also, changing weapon types on a character will be handy for rpg's (amongst alot of other genres), oh and the new data editor will make life easy for everyone and really increase the standard and amount of custom games that actually get completed.

The leveling system isn't mentioned in that list but it is being incorporated aswell as an inventory system. Blizzard have said that Dota could be replicated in starcraft 2 so it's safe to say anything that is done in dota can be done in sc2 +more.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Like Flare said, I'll just be making demo maps and such...too lazy to make a full map. UNLESS the editor is all that it's cracked up to be. And we get controls to customize the UI. Having to use heros as extra buttons is lame :thdown:

But yes, if the editor is truly a gem I might be inspired to create a full-fledged map :thup:

Note: Expect anything that DotA requires to be in the editor. With no DotA, Blizz would be signing b.net's custom map death warrant.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everything that appears currently in DotA will be doable in the SC2 editor as stated by Blizzard, which roughly means that there will be levelable heroes, items, inventories, hero skills, and the such, all of which will probably never be featured in the campaigns.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bumping this =]

I'd probably start with an escape map. It's simple to learn, and you get the basics of w/e language and features of the game from it.

I started GUI with an escape :D

Then I'd probably make a Race (Like Humans, Orcs, etc; Not a Ready, set Go Race :D) to test the Data Editor...
Then, I'd make a campaign :)

...I hope TriggerSleepAction (or the equivalent) will be accurate. There will be no more need for timers, attaching, etc. :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Bumping this =]

I'd probably start with an escape map. It's simple to learn, and you get the basics of w/e language and features of the game from it.

I started GUI with an escape :D

Then I'd probably make a Race to test the Data Editor...
Then, I'd make a campaign :)

...I hope TriggerSleepAction (or the equivalent) will be accurate. There will be no more need for timers, attaching, etc. :)

well, i thought that i will make a hydralisk only map but then I thought that if the WE is the gem that Blizzard say it will be...i better go to a thid person/infest/action type a thing...still with hydralisks :p

J

Jozrael

I'll work on recreating the SC siege maps that I play (Heaven's Last Stand and Helms Deep) with a lot of updates with the new options available.

chanta45

Reaction score
Well if I can get some people together I wouldn't mind creating another SIM ANT kind of map. (Anyone remember that?) lots of zerg units and what not. Such a fun map lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.