What will be the first map that you will make when SCII comes out?

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
A huge, multi-map campaign.

The story will follow the character Arthas as he fights against the Scourge in Lordaeron. Then, it becomes an entirely personal affair and he heads into Northrend, pursuing a Dreadlord named Mal'Ganis, and loots the Frostmourne. Eventually, he's getting corrupted by the sword, and...

Hmmm...sounds like I have heard this somewhere before? Anyhow I will just have to wait and see what the editor holds and where the game takes my inspiration. All I know is that if it is more data entry based like I have been hearing then I am going to excell with it. I've got the data entry thing down. I think in all honesty though I want to be part of a team that is really serious about puting something big out. Either way I can't wait. I haven't been looking forward to something like this in ages.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
As Father_Yetti said "Something big out"

Well, The good news is, that i am starting to forum a rep, in the terms of Finshed games, and decent quality with warcraft 3 (You can be the judge of that).

But in other words i have some fished works, that when starcraft 2 comes out and i want to work on a big project (Group project) even though the editor will be different, i can prove my mapping skills with some of the projects i am building now.

That way i get involded in a group building a Big Project, They can look at my works and see, if i am someone they could use, or someone they would want to work with.

I am sure with new features there will quickly be some pretty cool map's that are either impossible now or very hard. But for me making a starcraft 2 map, will be trying to push past what most games will use it for. I have more fun making a map knowing its something very creative.

EX: Arcade games, Uther party type games. ect.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
As Father_Yetti said "Something big out"

Well, The good news is, that i am starting to forum a rep, in the terms of Finshed games, and decent quality with warcraft 3 (You can be the judge of that).

But in other words i have some fished works, that when starcraft 2 comes out and i want to work on a big project (Group project) even though the editor will be different, i can prove my mapping skills with some of the projects i am building now.

That way i get involded in a group building a Big Project, They can look at my works and see, if i am someone they could use, or someone they would want to work with.

I am sure with new features there will quickly be some pretty cool map's that are either impossible now or very hard. But for me making a starcraft 2 map, will be trying to push past what most games will use it for. I have more fun making a map knowing its something very creative.

EX: Arcade games, Uther party type games. ect.
Well...... me likes hydralisks :) but i wloud start with a re-make of the classical, fun and balanced(hopefully) footmen wars...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hydra Rancher.
Zergling Madness.
Zealot Madness.
Golemzz zRevolutionz [] (With Color In Map Name)
Sunken D.
Turret Defense (New And Improved With Pure Easyness)

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I am gonna remake the NES classic Marble Maddness using the new units and the sphere shields.

You will roll around the hills and valleys smashing little marine men and ramping bumps and jumps in the terrain.

marble.jpg

rover2341

Reaction score
BudSMoke

Thats the most Rad, idea i have ever heard!

I am not at the point in math that i could do that easily yet. but thats some sweet game ideas. If you ever make a project like that, (when ever star craft 2 comes out, i would be interested in them, to help code, or play.)

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I kinda already made it for war3 and wrote a phsyics engine that accelerates units as they roll down a hill. ( I was makin a golf game) .. So basically I have the math engine components already written.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
I'll probably remake my card game map on SC II. (Really hoping there will be a way to detect the target of an item being used...)

WilliamPa

Reaction score
"It should be possible through customized ability data and/or triggers to stop/alter missiles in-flight." HAWTTTT

I cannot even say all the cool ideas i get from that. Bowman who can aim missile in mid-air by som kind of rope? :eek: Bulletstop in warlock? Bouncing&rolling grenades?

Prolly going to use bowman and grenade idea in some kind of AoS map, which i start first(gna do lots of small practise maps after that).

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
I would probably create a hero-based game and see how the new abilities can be altered using their 'object' editor.

or, #2, I would make a footman wars type game. That would definitely be entertaining!

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I will have to say someone would be making something along the lines of World of starcraft RPG. ;)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Someone's going to start Day of the Alliance, and it will fail miserably.

Followed shortly after by "$$$ New Improved Money Hunters Extreme Super Plus II - Now with EXTRA Money $$$", bound to end BNet.

Hah... Dota again.... Well Ace, I am pretty sure that with the capebilities of the editor(noob friendly "eaven beginners will be able to make good maps" and you will be able to make great spells without triggers gigs) things will be like week 1 2304327520742047203742037402742309470 dota like maps. Week 2 2098742987520897403843025725849499948759438579739475934347934939 dota lika maps. Number of players: 0

You see, Dota got so popular because people got tired from melee games. The first 3-4 years of warcraft III melee games were played a like dota is played now. But then, Blizzard stopped adding new units, and the weak minded players(I don't insult people, some people are oo stupid to play melee games, they are intence, require thinking, and a lot moore afford then in a game of DOTA) so baisicly at firstthe dota players were the noobs tired of melee(because dota is easy to play, and learn) then some of the retired melee pros(like me, I don't brag I've won 4-6 champinships) And that is it. And SC's game play is 10times better then the warcraft;s one, so I am pretty sure that the leading gmes in SCII will be melee maps, further moore SC will heva 2 exansions each one givving new life to the melee games. SO I imagine the SCII maps like that:

40% melee and altered melee
20% mini-games; CTF and arenas
20% RPG's custom campaings, maps with epic character
20% The original AoS; the Dota clones.

rover2341

Reaction score
This is what i think it will be like.
Just because the edtior may be new and more powerful, I think that custom games will be...

(Custom Games)
10% altered melee
20% TD/Vampire a like Games
30% The original AoS; the Dota clones.

But Standard Melle should pick up more then half for at least 6 months i think.

edit*
6000% any Game made by rover2341

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This is what i think it will be like.
Just because the edtior may be new and more powerful, I think that custom games will be...

(Custom Games)
10% altered melee
20% TD/Vampire a like Games
30% The original AoS; the Dota clones.

But Standard Melle should pick up more then half for at least 6 months i think.

edit*
6000% any Game made by rover2341

well I think that melee+altered melee shloud get atleast 20%, simply because the gameplay of SCII is much better then warcraft's one. I'd say that R-P-G's and maps like Micro Wars and Foorman wars will be played a lot(blizzard said that great non-triggered abilities will be avalible to make so that is a +for evry RPG) But I think that we shloud wait untill the actuall game comes. Melee games can take 80% of the total games, or 10% of the total games. No one knows for sure.

chanta45

Reaction score
I'll probably do an altered melee right off the bat, as long as SC2 has a huge variety of units then i'm going to make something similair to GoE.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
To be honest I will quit Wc3 map-making when SCII comes out. I'll elaborate..

-- I need to seek a new life and end my 4 years of map-making with a nice AoS. I'll be drawing Manga at home and I'll be tinkering Photoshop and HTML, I need to get serious about my goal in life:p

When I'm in the mood, I'll make the first 3-Team Deathmatch map and any kind of simple map I wish to make.

~ Umaku iku yō ni - jonadrian619 ~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.