When a hero have an item, it gives the hero 30 seconds of whosyourdaddy: How?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Note: If the title is a little humorous, here's the real meaning.:D

When a hero has an item in its inventory slot, and that particular item is the Cheese:p, it would give the hero both invulnerability and high damage points for the total of 30 seconds in real-time.:cool:

How do you do that? :confused:will +rep

B

benj_war3

Like this?

Code:
waaa
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cheese
    Actions
        Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
        Hero - Modify Strength of (Triggering unit): Add 9999999
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Vulnerable
        Hero - Modify Strength of (Triggering unit): Subtract 9999999
       [B] Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Cheese)[/B] - Optional

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
The Cheese is unclickable. How do you make it be able to click?

S

Slate.Master

Either base it off an item that is clickable or make the cheese a consumable. I am not certain about the second choise :p

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Note: If the title is a little humorous, here's the real meaning.:D

When a hero has an item in its inventory slot, and that particular item is the Cheese:p, it would give the hero both invulnerability and high damage points for the total of 30 seconds in real-time.:cool:

How do you do that? :confused:will +rep
Acually, It doesn't make you invunerable, since units can still attack you..o.0 If they have enough damage, they can acually hurt you I think, too.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, that gave me the thought to abandon this idea...

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Give it a Harden Skin which has 100% chance to reduce 9999999 damage. It will do the trick.

joaoac

Reaction score
dont need triggers.

Only an item with two or three abilities. One that give enormous hardened skin (mountain giant) or invulnerability (potions) or armor bonus (rings) if you want. Another (claws type)that gives +100.000 atack points (like whosyourdaddy does).

Simple huh?

Oh, in time set the effect to long for 30 seconds.

I made an item like this, so its not impossible.

If you dont know object editor, here are the steps:
1- Create an ability based on hardened skin (just copy/paste). Take the moutain giant´s and amplify its effect.
2- Create an ability based on Hero Attack bonus (I think). Amplify its effect. Use shift+double click to change the value if it dont reach 100.000 attack bonus.
3- Create an item based on a consumable item that longs for 30 seconds. Give the abilities to it.

Done! :)

Oh, you can add a third ability if you want: Armor bonus. Create an ability based on hero armor bonus (I think) and amplify its effect.

* the (I think) observations is there cos Im not at home. Its from memory.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you very much.

And did any of you see the hidden message in the first post?

I'll do it anyway for all of you, for those who helped above this post.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Use Hardened Skin for an ability, then to be more clean, smart, and more fool proof, we won't use some +1000000 Damage, since Armor, and Evasion can defend or evade that, we will use triggers.

Code:
Item
    Events
 A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cheese
    Actions
        Set HeroCheese = Triggering Unit[COLOR="Red"]//I'm Pretty Much sure only one cheese is chosen, and it cannot be dropped[/COLOR]
        Turn On Pwnage <gen>
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Turn Off Pwnage <gen>
        Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Cheese)
Code:
Pwnage
    Events
 A unit is Attacked
    Conditions
        Attacking unit equal to HeroCheese
    Actions
        Kill Attacked Unit

See, now you don't have to see some green +100000 Beside your attack damage!!!

EDIT: OMG I SAW THE SECRET MESSAGE TOM!!! It's OMG I CAN'T TELL, ONLY IF YOU CAN FIND IT!!!=Dtom's message: will +rep

PS: You don't have to do what you did in your first post for me, you can just give me your opinion =)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whosyourdaddy actually multiplies your attack by 1000.
Try making a peasant attack a castle with full upgrades. You'll see.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that too, when I did whosyourdaddy and made acolytes attack the enemy base, it took them more or less 3 hits for a level 2 town hall(Forgot the name)

joaoac

Reaction score
Someone told here in the forums that the attack of a whosyourdead unit is 100.000. So is it's atack multiplied by 1.000?

The evasion ability doesn't prevent whosyourdaddy too?

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
The attack is multiplied a fair bit, cause you will notice when attacking with weak units or attacking a Godly unit, it will take a few hits to take it down.

B

benj_war3

I tested my trigger in Post # 2 and it worked. I picked up a cheese and it made me invulnerable and a 999999 damage add.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Someone told here in the forums that the attack of a whosyourdead unit is 100.000. So is it's atack multiplied by 1.000?

The evasion ability doesn't prevent whosyourdaddy too?

Benj's way would allow the unit a chance to miss, so if a unit with 25% evasion gets attacked by the unit with cheese, the unit with cheese has a 25% chance to miss, making it the fact that he's not GOdly because he can miss!

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
To give the hero 30 seconds of godlike pwn, go like this:
Make a custom ability based off Hardened Skin, set the data - ignored damage to 99999.

Then, make a custom ability based off Bash, set the field Data - Never miss to true, make it a unit ability, give it only 1 level, set Data - Chance to bash to 100, set Data - Bonus damage to 99999, set the duration field to 0.01 and the buff field to a buff of your choice.

Then, find the Item abilities list, find Spell Damage Reduction, make a custom ability based off it, then set the Data - Damage reduction to 1. Then make it a unit ability.

Now make a custom ability based off Spell Book, add your 3 newly made spells to the book and set the Shared Spell Cooldown field to false.

Now lets do the triggerwork.

First disable the spellbook
Code:
Event - Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
Conditions - 
Actions - Disable Spellbook of Godlike Pwn for (All players)

Then start the cheese actions
Code:
Event - Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Condition - (Item being manipulated) equal to Cheese of pwn
Actions - 
If CustomValue equal to 1000
Then set CustomValue = 0
Else - set CustomValue = (CustomValue + 1)
set CheeseHero[CustomValue] = (Triggering Unit)
Unit - Add Spellbook of Godlike Pwn to CheeseHero[CustomValue]
Countdown Timer - Start CheeseTimer[CustomValue] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds

Now remove the cheesiness
Code:
Event - CheeseTimer[CustomValue] Expires
Conditions -
Actions -
Unit - Remove Spellbook of Godlike Pwn from CheeseHero[CustomValue]
Custom Script - set udg_CheeseHero[udg_CustomValue] = null
Custom Script - call DestroyTimer(udg_CheeseTimer[udg_CustomValue]
Item - Make (Item carried by CheeseHero[CustomValue] of type Cheese) Undroppable
CustomValue is an integer variable used for making this (near) MUI.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Bump.

To FrozenShadow:

Your trigger is just right for my ROC map. It not only fixed my nightmare of not using my favorite Cheese in those ROC maps, but also it gave me more inspirations for the ROC map itself. +rep

Well, here's my opinion:

1. I thought the (Triggering Unit) won't respond to the event in the HeroCheese trigger. Hence, it might be better if I used (Hero Manipulating Item) as an event response, if that's okay with you.
2. The Pwnage trigger, I tried editing a few in some of my experiment, and came up with a finding that, it was an instant kill the moment the hero starts his attack animation. So, I tried adding a wait to wait for a bit so the animation can match up properly, again if that's okay with you.
3. You didn't add the invulnerability actions, so I added the actions in the HeroCheese trigger.

Here's the changed triggers now:

Code:
HeroCheese
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 8 (Pink) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 9 (Gray) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 10 (Light Blue) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 11 (Dark Green) Acquires an item
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Player Revival Cheese
    Actions
        Set Heroes[(300 + (Player number of (Triggering player)))] = (Hero manipulating item)
        Game - Display to (All players matching ((Owner of Heroes[(300 + (Player number of (Triggering player)))]) Equal to (Matching player))) for 6.00 seconds the text: The Cheese Effect w...
        Wait 10.00 seconds
        Game - Display to (All players matching ((Owner of Heroes[(300 + (Player number of (Triggering player)))]) Equal to (Matching player))) for 6.00 seconds the text: The Cheese Effect h...
        Trigger - Turn on Pawnage <gen>
        Unit - Make Heroes[(300 + (Player number of (Triggering player)))] Invulnerable
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Unit - Make Heroes[(300 + (Player number of (Triggering player)))] Vulnerable
        Trigger - Turn off Pawnage <gen>
        Game - Display to (All players matching ((Owner of Heroes[(300 + (Player number of (Triggering player)))]) Equal to (Matching player))) for 6.00 seconds the text: The Cheese Effect h...
        Item - Remove (Item carried by Heroes[(300 + (Player number of (Triggering player)))] of type Player Revival Cheese)

Code:
Pawnage
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 7 (Green) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 8 (Pink) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 9 (Gray) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 10 (Light Blue) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 11 (Dark Green) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Is attacked
        Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Attacking unit) Equal to Heroes[(300 + (Player number of (Triggering player)))]
    Actions
        Wait 0.12 seconds
        If (((Attacked unit) is A structure) Equal to False) then do (Unit - Kill (Attacked unit)) else do (Do nothing)

To benj_war3:

I will keep that trigger for other w3x maps, if that's okay with you. Right now, I need to complete my ROC project before moving on to other stuffs.

I'll give you +rep in the future for helping out for the w3x version. Right now I have to spread some out before it's your turn to be +repped.

To T.s.e.:

Your trigger seems difficult, but from the triggers, I can tell it's for giving then the Cheese of pwn for each unit, and it can be used over and over again. The loop within it might be unnecessary since I don't need to use that much variables in the array itself. :p.

Don't worry, like benj_war3, I'll keep it for further experiments for my project. +rep for your hard work.

Thank you very much, everyone.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Ah yes, everything is ok with me, of course, it's your map.

I'm here to help.

About the invulnerability, I never knew you wanted your Cheese-Bearer not to be attacked or anything, cuz If you use Hardened Skin, It blocks all 999999 damage, making the unit invulnerable, at all costs, and of course, make it 100% Chance.

Anyway, I'm glad to be of help =), at making it cleaner, lawl. Good Luck with your map!

PS, No More +100000 Haha, and no more evaders.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.