Sci/Tech WiFi may damage sperm quality: Study

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
WiFi technology may cause a major handicap for men hoping to build a family: sperm damage.

A team of Argentine scientists led by Conrado Avendano of the Nascentis Center for Reproductive Medicine in Cordoba found that placing drops of semen from healthy men under a laptop connected wirelessly to the Internet kills or maims the little swimmers.

The scientists reported their findings this month in the medical journal Fertility and Sterility.

After four hours next to the WiFi-connected computer, 25% of the sperm had stopped moving and nine percent showed DNA damage.

Read more here.

*throws away Ipad 2*

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
This is unsettling.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I've got a Wi-fi station on top of my PC, which is right next to me. GG

warcraft7

Reaction score
no need to fear nerds!(who are not getting laid anyways...:D) its just the heat from the laptop not the wifi itself

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
its just the heat from the laptop not the wifi itself
Read the article.

After four hours next to the WiFi-connected computer, 25% of the sperm had stopped moving and nine percent showed DNA damage.

By comparison, semen kept at the same temperature but away from the computer showed just a 14% drop in mobility and only 3% suffered DNA damage.

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
Mhm yeah. Sperm reproduces everyday so it doesn't matter. Don't do your router before doing your girlfriend.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Mhm yeah. Sperm reproduces everyday so it doesn't matter. Don't do your router before doing your girlfriend.

lol. What am I to do for foreplay now?

but seriously, it's never good when something can effect the dna in cells. It's easier to see in sperm cells but it means that it can essentially be a cause of cancer in other cells.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score

So roughly 1/3 of my sperm are useless after FOUR hours of wifi exposure? That's a long time, and I'm sure they placed the sperm directly next to the source of the wifi.

Not worried, not planning to have kids for a lil while anyways.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Alright. Don't want to get your girlfriend pregnant? Teabag your router a few minutes before you do her.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
... well... I guess I'm fucked on the kid front then.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.