WIP and finished screenshots

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
From some of Gitlich's inspiration, I have created a Mercenary Camp and stripped the Human Fortress. Please tell me what you think of it, as I really appreciate the comments.

Mind

Reaction score
The horses displayed in the first picture don't need such enormous amount of hay, and they are packed with sacks without any purpose.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Here's another. I changed the mercenary camp into an expansion for the good side. (Please ignroe the pathing blockers) I haven't gotten to the doodad work on that portion of the map, that's why it's plain. After while, I'll give some actual screenshots in the game to see what you think about them:). As usual, comments are GREATLY appreciated.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Bump?
Bump?
Bump?
Bump?
Bump?
(Had to make it longer, site wouldn't accept the short message)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Oooh, VERY nice.

However, as a side-note, it looks kind of weird at that angle with the mercenary camp sticking out. How about you put it inwards in between the two fences holding horse? Then, stick a wall behind it so that the mercenary camp is perfectly rectangle.

Also, now that I think about it, two taverns? Maybe one should have a blacksmith/armory model.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Bump.

I don't have any new ones right now, but I'm bumping this so people can look at them if they want.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Ok I've got a few more for ya. This is of the Undead Camp, and is VERY WIP, since I've only finished the outer wals. These are seriously empty inside the camp, but I would like feedback on how you like the basic architecture of the town. I got inspiration from Tides of Blood, so you'll notice similarities within the walls and the lanes. I did add a little of my own spice, but jsut remember i still ahven't gogttten far on this, I just need feedback on the architecture of the town.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/XXconanXXX/Undeadcamp1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/XXconanXXX/Undeadcamp2.jpg

This is also a picture of what I'm thining about what the minimap image will look like, but tis will definately not be it, because of the lack of doodads, units, etc. Once I finish the terrain and stuff, I might set this one back up and take it again. Tell me what you think if it lookks good, remember i haven't done much on that side of the map.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/XXconanXXX/Minimap1.jpg

Here's another of my favrotei image I came up with, because I totally created this and it has been the msot fun of all of them. This one I really want feedback on, because I recreated the first image I put up here and made it different. I also changed the sky, widened and smoothed out the path. I'm also thinking about spreading the doodads out and putting them towards the middle, because I jsut loked over it again and the doodads seem to be clumped up on the sides. So, tell me what you think.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/XXconanXXX/Skyview.jpg

R

Raijin

Since its an undead camp, the tree I think should be dea, ground should be blight and maybe a mix of dirt and no grass. Instead of putting flower and bushes put thorned vines (from Northerend) and shrooms.

some statues from Black citedal would look cool, and some dead corpses, flying bats, graveyard, busted wheelbarrow, infested haystack maybe some regional dungeon fog. Just the obvious stuff I guess :p

U

Unregi

Doubt anyone will notice but unless your map is a marsh or wetlands having catails in middle of land looks a little awkward I think. Other than that, looks pretty decent

P

PostMortem

cattails or not it adds that bushy affect wich complements that area nicely.
Also i agree with staying with a theme, like the undead cmap should look decreped and dirty. the grass and trees make it look to alive.

other than that good job

good job.

M

me.

hm. ive tried this terrian editing out for myself, and i have some pretty nice work or arts to show you, how do a take a screenshot?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
press the prt scr button right to the left of F12 and then open up Paint or another photo editiong program and hold ctrl + V and your pictuere pops up.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll definately be using them. I'll probably update it later tonight but for now I'm working on the AI system.

M

me.

ok cool. thx for the info conan, here is my first pic, its from a very large melee map im working on.

tropicalruinspic.bmp

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Very nice, however, I'd show certain parts of the map so we can see it a little better. Can't give feedback since I can abrely see it. Also, would you mind making another thread for your screenshots? Sorry, but not to be mean, but this is kinda my screenshots thread, and it will get very mixed up if we're both posting shots.

M

me.

noo! its all small! stupid photobucket!

how do i make it bigger?

M

me.

oh yea. sorry ^^; ill make my own screen shot thread, dont think ur bein mean, i knda knew this would happen. lol. ill make my own screen shot as soon as this dumb thing will let me post! i can only post 1per60seconds.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Go to your gallery and copy the links it has there, then post them here. Your basically posting links, like you would for other sites, so post as many links as you want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.