X-Men Origins: Wolverine

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Really? Never seen that, lol, thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm seeing it tomorrow with some friends... who woulda thought that...

Saw it today, it was pretty good. Very rushed as many said, but it was still pretty epic. Gambit was awesome, :D Some parts about the "future" event movies make more sense now, but it also makes some things weird.

So Victor is Sabertooth in the past movies?

I thought the last guy was pretty cool, his powers were sweet. But... he got owned.

EDIT 2: wow KC, lmao, I was 1 hour away from 24 hours, >< You messed up my post! -.- lolz

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
Ok saw it tonight, I thought it was amazing. The fight scenes were done very well in my opinion and they kept it pretty much to the storyline. I love how they had wolverine and gambet, him actually being my favorite mutant.

The only thing I did not really like was in some scenes you could see how computer generated the claws on Wolverine were. In the end I thought it wwas an amazing movie.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Is Deadpool the one with the swords in the beginning? If so, I thought the last boss guy was Deadpool?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yeah, so he was showed enough I think. :S

Well Gambit could've had more time, heh. :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Saw it last night, I liked the movie, but I loved the original trilogy. So I would give it a B to B+.

I do recommend people to go see it who haven't

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
It was good Not exactly awed me off my feet like iron man and Darknight but it was good. And Deadpool was totally unexpected so i guess it's worth watching once i guess. :thup:

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I dunno bout you guys but I never really liked X-Men... I mean all these mutants have extraordinary super powers, right? They can shoot fireballs, control the weather, walk through walls, and all sorts of other crazy shit yet what do they center the movie around? A guy with blades is his hands.
Big Fuken Deal.
Didn't Freddy Cougar wear out that idea 20 like years ago? Is this all the writers could actually come up with?
I mean come on, wtf.
Not only is he the weakest character in my opinion he is also the most boring.

This movie has been so overblown, so over exposed, and so over rated, that to me it is just another Harry Potter with super heros instead of magicians.

Screw X-Men. Im sick of it and i'm sick of hearing about it.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
@BudSMoke

Did you even watch the movie? If you had, you would realize that the movie is not about the blades in his hands, but his regenerative power.

Besides, this movie is about the ORIGINS of X-Men, in which most of your favorite characters were not the main characters.

Sure, a hero that heals fast and has good sense isn't as mind blowing as one who can shoot fire and blow up barrels, but a movie doesn't have to be completely about the explosive fight scenes.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
X-Men is old, too...

But yeah, there's more to Wolverine than meets the eye. Basically, he's invunerable, except decapitation and adamantium weapons. And he regenerates like x100, I think that is strong. :D Although his, um, destruction rate isn't as fast as say fire-ball dude, you don't always need to show the strongest and coolest guy. << = cliche, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Really sucked that Nightcrawler was only in one movie.. Hes my favorite X-men.. Teleporting and kicking enemies in the face.. How cooler can you get?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Ah... I'll give it a B-. Too many characters, too little time...

Deadpool, doesn't look like Deadpool. Gambit is a little bit boring in this... Very weak character development in all of them (except Wolverine since he's the main character). They just appear suddenly and then disappear after.

The directing was terrible. A lot of the scenes were kinda lame and old school. Sigh, expected more from this movie. X1 to X3 were better in my opinion. Though, just watch it for entertaining value.

The last scene where the tower collapse was a little bit lame and exaggerated.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
necro? :D.

well yeah it just came out on the local movie channel and i watched it again.
i have to agree with vypur, it was bad.

yes the beginning was quite cool and all but in the end it almost seems like they ran out of budget and ideas.

the ending wasnt cliche but it was really really awkward and bland.

and I nominate Weapon 11 to be the worst / silliest looking character I ever saw.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
my turn :D

I saw the movie on blu-ray and i distinctly remember the antagonist stryker was the largest douche in the history of the world, i remember really hating his general character :/.

And when his girlfriend "Died". Seriously, he didnt bury her or anything? If he hadnt just left her there the medicine would have worn off and she would "Come back to life"

In the end, the movie was ok, Up was better though, and stryker killed off a lot of innocent people to get to wolverine :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.