Desync one player

Reaction score
I wish to fight against the tide of cheats being implemented into protected maps.

I plan to sneak into my maps triggers that activate when a popular cheat line is inserted and disable the perpetrating fun. I know the rebels will implement their cheats anyways, but perhaps they will not find the hidden traps.

Defeating the offending player would be too obvious and the implementing rebels would surely take it out at interception. As so, I wish to desync offending players. I believe this way, the other players will be protected from the rotten cheats, and the implementing rebels will have a hard time figuring what's going on.

My question is the following, what is the best way to desync a single player without affecting the rest of the players?

Also, besides obfuscating the map scripts, how can I protect the detection strings and make them pass as something innocent?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there any particular reason as to why you can't simply kick the player?

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Protect your map.

If you don't want to protect it, then your logic is flawed. Whether you have a trigger to kick him or a trigger to desync him, he can still remove it.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
People can still open your map, even if you protect it.
You just need to know what tools to use.

Reaction score
I wish to fight against the tide of cheats being implemented into protected maps.

Protect your map.

If you don't want to protect it, then your logic is flawed. Whether you have a trigger to kick him or a trigger to desync him, he can still remove it.

=/

I'm using Widgetizer and Vexorian Map Optimizer. I know that even if I protect my map it is still vulnerable. That's why I'm aiming for something else.
Unprotecting a map and copy pasting a cheat pack is a thousand times more easier than having to crawl through lines of obfuscated code looking for whatever is desyncing players.

Yoshii

Reaction score

alot people will not bother as some hide stuff put on map/trigger etc and retrieving them all can be a real pain, also all trigger are converted into code.If it was this easy to unprotect map you would see alot of unprotected/cheated popular map being hosted

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
I think to desync, the following code should be enough:
JASS:
if GetLocalPlayer() == YourPlayerVar then
   call CreateUnit(...)
endif

But..:

1. Don't desync him in the moment he enters the cheat. Just disable save function (if existent) and start a timer with a random interval to desync him.
I think this method could maybe confuse a "hacker" in addition.

2. Try to hide your desync code very well AND split it in several functions and add useless code for example beneath a return.. this will make the reason for desync harder to locate. for ex.:

JASS:
function a takes player p returns boolean 
   return GetLocalPlayer() == p
endfunction

function b takes nothing returns unit 
   return CreateUnit(...)
endfunction

function c takes nothing returns boolean
local integer i = 0
if a(YourPlayerVar) then
   call b()
   return true
   call BJDebugMsg("Spell finished")
endif
return false
loop
   set i = i + 1
   exitwhen i >= GetPlayerId(YourPlayerVar)
   call b()
endloop
call BJDebugMsg(I2S(i))
endfunction

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Personally, the best map protection thing written in Jass was MapLock. And it's broken now.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
:(

RIP MapLock. You lasted a few days before Blizzard kicked your ass. :(
The coolest of map protection.
WHYYYY MAPLOCK?! WHYYYY?! :banghead:

Anyway, these all sound like fun ideas. :D
You should call CreateGroup instead of CreateUnit if that will still desynch. Less obvious than a unit appearing. <_<

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>You should call CreateGroup instead of CreateUnit if that will still desynch. Less obvious than a unit appearing. <_<

Nonsense! call RemoveRegion(CreateRegion())

Reaction score
Depends what you mean. No not with WE, but with a program like MPQ master they most certainly need to.

You only need to be able to export/import a maps common.j. And ofc I meant with WE.

If Warcraft can read the map, then it can be hacked. If Warcraft can't then... you can't play your map :nuts:

The best protection script obfuscation.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
alot people will not bother as some hide stuff put on map/trigger etc and retrieving them all can be a real pain, also all trigger are converted into code.If it was this easy to unprotect map you would see alot of unprotected/cheated popular map being hosted

I personally know that I would go through all the trouble of deprotecting a map to insert a cheat-pack. Now, I don't support those actions, but I'm saying I would do what would be needed to do so.

And what is MapLock?

Yoshii

Reaction score
I personally know that I would go through all the trouble of deprotecting a map to insert a cheat-pack. Now, I don't support those actions, but I'm saying I would do what would be needed to do so.

And what is MapLock?

dont even need to unlock the map to insert a cheat like hacked SWAT, Hero siege X and other I forget

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
You guys are all mixed up about cheatpacks. I'm 90% sure they have programs that automatically inject them, so protection does nothing about it. :thup:

MapLock did a checksum of the map, using the C2I exploit. Which can't be replicated in 1.24.

And yes yes, there's lots of ways to desynch one player. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.