FFT RPG Group Project <HELP WANTED!>

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
FFT Way good game. I own it on playstation and gba. If you would like Cheesy I can't help with making the actual models for the characters. But I could make the icons for anything you need for this. So I could be your Iconner. Let me know what you think.

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'll check out your units, and no, I'm not doing any custom models because the map size will be very large without them, and adding them would just be a major :thdown: to the game.

So what about custom skins? Usually they can be alot less file size consuming. Reskinning like say the apprentice wizard for the Wizard job. Since your able to choose how much detail you want into your skin after it's made, they could barely take up any space at all I would think. (Course it'd take away alot of detail but still, better then nothing.)

I know how to skin really good, only, problem is; my program to skin's trial ran out of time.

No, my WE is broken right now so I didn't edit it.

Looks like you'll need to reinstall your Warcraft III, from what I hear. Unless you know some other way to fix it. (Make a backup file of all these final fantasy abilities etc. in a folder somewhere though first.)

Edit: On a side note/off topic I find it kind of scary how Agrias and Arthas not only start with an A and are practically the same job/class but they also look the same... yet one is a guy and one is a girl

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Lol about your thoughts on Agrias and Arthas. I guess they do look sorta similar. XD And Cheesy you may want to consider some very small file size models or skins. To make it more exciting for players.

M

MaEt-ReLLiK

Not to be rude or anything, but shouldn't
Fire +1 be Fire
Fire +2 be Fira
Fire +3 be Firaga
etc.

Anywayyyy,

I loved FFT, I have it for the PS and GBA.
Good luck with the project!

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Shouldn't this be more appropriate in the Members' Project forum?

You wouldn't have to bump it so much and this thread does count as a 'project'.

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Fire +1 be Fire
Fire +2 be Fira
Fire +3 be Firaga
etc.

Anywayyyy,

Nope, it's Fire 1, Fire 2, Fire 3, Fire 4. etc. I'm guessing you've never leveled a Wizard on FFT. You are correct as far as other Final Fantasy games go, but not FFT.

Shouldn't this be more appropriate in the Members' Project forum?

You wouldn't have to bump it so much and this thread does count as a 'project'.

Yep, I'm assuming he's looking for more experienced people since alot of people who help out with stuff go on here.

M

MaEt-ReLLiK

Nope, it's Fire 1, Fire 2, Fire 3, Fire 4. etc. I'm guessing you've never leveled a Wizard on FFT. You are correct as far as other Final Fantasy games go, but not FFT.

Ahh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I haven't played FFT in forever.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Fire +1 be Fire
Fire +2 be Fira
Fire +3 be Firaga
etc.

Anywayyyy,

It is only Fire, Fira, Firaga, etc. In the GBA and the PSP remake version. This is based entirely on the original PSX version.

EDIT: Woops didn't see those posts above. My bad.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Finally back from Montreal!

Hey, wasup?
Looks liek we got a larger team then before I went on a vacation :p
Alright, will be posting system after dinner, showering, and some debugging.
[Which will be before the end of today]

Oh, the system is just really something to work with, it is not in any way the entire system that the game will use for many reasons:

I have not implemented Ranged attacks yet.
Jump is still buggy <- Fixing it atm.
Hit Rate and stuff is not implemented yet as I have no equations, send me them please :)
Magic is... no idea, gotta send it to the spell makers and stuff.
OH
big note:
can spell makers PLEASE make the spells an Active Non-Target spell? That might be better I think...

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Cheesy, I'll be on a cruise tomorrow. Sorry. I've had to study a lot so I couldn't work on the spells. Tell me when you redo my spell and I'll contiune :D

Syndrome

Reaction score
ok, i redid the system, this time keeping USUABILITY in mind lol
i just whipped this one up in 30 mins.
this now actually enables use of Ranged stuff, but its not coded in yet.
along with Magic and any AoE stuff
yes, i was too lazy to actually animate the character's movement, so i made them instantly move. Ill fix that soon.
you can move out of bounds, didn't fix that yet. will fix that soon.

really, all i did was made another system that supports ranged and aoe skills. i also made it so its easy to implement CT and any other stuff.

jump will be added in soon.

the trees/obstacles will be copy and pasted from the other system.

KNOWN BUGS/Stuff:
You're facing willl be delayed by a whole turn, not cool. will fix it later
you are instantly moving, got lazy lol.
you can move out into water. will fix that too
attack animation not working, i know why, ill fix it soon.
the moving is a bit... rounded, so after 10 moves, there will be a very small space lapse.

NEXT Version:
-Jump, Crit, Hit Rate and more will be added
- Obstacles will be added
- ANIMATIONS!
- a more 'accurate' moving system
- dummy archers and dummy mages

this is just something the spell makers can work with or something, i will post a better version soon.
the other one i was working on was near impossible to work with, so my bad.

yea, also, nexst version will have a better turn system and will look MUCH nicer.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Hey, Geoff, is this the map that we tested together once and we were rangers and I kept killing the guards (or they killing me :D)?

Syndrome

Reaction score
ROFL hell no, that was a beta of a beta of my rpg.
im working on it, making better cam and everything lol.
STOP KILLING INNOCENT PPL/!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
:p lol, don't want to get too off-topic but do you have a thread for that?

Anyway, I'll take a look into this... FFT RPG Group Project. :)

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Wow, looks great Geoff, works really well. Hope you can get those equations built in and keep working on it. And I think I'm gonna fire some people. :rolleyes: Seems like only you, unit maker, and ability makers have been doing anything. Terrainers haven't even checked in since they signed up. Anyways, keep up the good work. :thup:

Syndrome

Reaction score
che.
well, the terrainers didn't actually have something to terrien with until NOW so... :p

still working on the better version, implemented the hit-miss ratios, dmg is right now based off strength, i need to know more about the DMG thing you wanted me to do.
i know its on the website, but its a bit... big to look at.
we have strength, weapon and the height. that's all i have so far. how would you want me to do the dmg? i could add in more factors, then tweak HP to make it balanced and such.

[OFF-TOPIC EDIT]
thewrognvine, I do, but the thread is like pretty much dead. im actually working on a website to keep track of my maps, my stories and w/e. ill tell you after im done it.
and im going on B.Net less frequently since im a bit busy lol, im not dead!

1337Elite

Reaction score
I think I could do some abilites, the basic AI, and some terrain. Actually, I can do a fair bit of terraining. Just give me something to do ;)

Edit: About the spot-dummies-thingies; wouldn't it be easier to add those after the map starts, with a trigger that checks what type of land it is and such.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Hey Cheesy, I'm back. Just tell me what to do about the spell. I'll remake it for you.

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
i've got some questions. is this ff map going to be 2 teams with each person on a team having one hero? If so, then you could organize the abilities using a spellbooks.

for example,
--Movement Spellbook--
Move Up
Move Down
Move Right
Move Left

Once each ability is casted, you could check to see if the direction is allowed (making sure it is pathable), check if the unit has any agility (moves) left. Then check to see if the height is changed and check to see what the max jump for the unit is & compare. If it all checks out, move the unit. Then subtract 1 from the total agility (or whatever stores the number of moves). Then, after the unit finishes all it's actions you could restore it's agility to it's orignal amount via a variable that stored the agility of the unit before it moved.

of course if you have already done the movement you can just ignore this post, but that is how I would trigger movement because it shows how many moves left and is very controllable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.