WIP First Person Shooter Project

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Uber-Bump FTW!

I would have used the word coma, personally.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
;0 wat! this aint dead yet?

i just pretty much stopped working on it a long time ago, I didnt think anyone would care anyway... but if I must ill modify it a little bit so it doesnt feel like a short demo again and start a beta forum with the map if i have time this week. Its multiplayer functionable but too cpu intensive. In fact, the main reason I didnt release the Beta a long time ago was its still far too CPU intensive. Most likely, only 4 or so players would be able to play at once without major framerate loss until the map is rewritten in jass, or re-edited to be more efficient. If enough people think it would be a good game, Ill begin looking for ways to fix the cpu issue so more people would be able to play it or let forum users try and help solve the issue. Much of the map is still incomplete, but it will feel solid for a Beta.

Varine

Reaction score
i just pretty much stopped working on it a long time ago, I didnt think anyone would care anyway

See? Coma.

Much of the map is still incomplete, but it will feel solid for a Beta.

I don't know, but when I read this I started laughing really really hard. I just want you to know that.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
lol, i guess what I meant was, there was alot of stuff I wanted to add but couldnt due to alot of reasons, so the map isnt really what I had originally invisioned. But it is still not close to being finished and needs ALOT of work. Its a beta and it cant support many players(3-4) yet until I figure a way to write it up to be much more efficient since most is made via GUI. I am very slow with Jass so it would take far too long for anyone to want to wait but would most likely fix the issue.

Nina

Reaction score
OMG This is sooooo awesome I've always wondered if it would be possible to make a thing like this so nice with sniper scope zoom and all the things! Good luck! Hope theres a beta out soon to play it myself:D

-Nina

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I saw something similar to this once, that, too, was awesome.
Sadly, these type of projects never seem to be finished. :(

Still hoping for a Battle.Net -playable version, though. :)

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
alright, it will be up sometime tomorrow most likely in a new thread where people can download, comment, and suggest for the map. At the moment it will only support 3-4 players, (you can play up to 10, but you will have less than 5 frames per second).

If there are later versions, it will be my first priority to fix it so framerate will be playable with 5-10 players, however I cannot do anything about latency.

Varine

Reaction score
Do you care if I base a system off your beta?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I saw something similar to this once, that, too, was awesome.
Sadly, these type of projects never seem to be finished. :(

Still hoping for a Battle.Net -playable version, though. :)

They are never finished because this map is like a mod for warcraft, chainging the gameplay to the absolyte oposite of warcraft.HOpe to see a beta soon.

kay-p

Reaction score
is there any bots in this game? would that be too hard to fix? i keep thinking of making a single player campaign for this first person shooter, but i guess that is way out of reach.
anyway, its looking great now, and im looking forward to testing it.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
is there any bots in this game? would that be too hard to fix? i keep thinking of making a single player campaign for this first person shooter, but i guess that is way out of reach.
anyway, its looking great now, and im looking forward to testing it.

MY guess is that it will be easier to make a AoS bettter then DOTA then maikin bots.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Just watched the sniper clip and I have to say it looks awesome. But please, do not use those old overused sounds: "Headshot", "Doublekill", "Ownage", "Godlike", "Unstoppable" and so on. They are used in all these kind of games and most people I know are really sick of them... Otherwise it looks real cool. Love the bomb^^

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
bots could be a very possible addition but not by me lol, or anytime soon... ive had very simplified bots for testing with simple things such as random movement and shooting when ur in their perephiral vision. Again its very possible, but not very realistic. Considering I have yet to fix the framerate issue with 4+ players, I may have to result in using bots in later beta versions along with players until I figure out a way to make my triggers less cpu intensive.

kazuga, hate to say it but, yes I had already implemented killing sprees, but not such sounds as double/multi/mega/ultra kill etc, I do however use headshot and the spree sounds ownage/unstoppable/godlike, the sounds can be disabled in game however by the host. I had to add them in a means to sort of spice it up a bit for the beta im releasing today. I am testing out the final issues and making sure their are no bugs. But remember, you most likely wont get more than a buddy or two in with you until a later beta in the future, this beta release is mostly to see if anyone likes the concept and it will hopefully grow from here on. expect a new thread for beta up tonight, quite lengthy too actually.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
this thread should be closed, or no longer bumped...

beta map is now in the new map thread due to this being a semi old thread that has been frequently bumped with too many posts and different thread starter.

new thread has information, download, and will be the thread for any comments, suggestions, or anything nonspam about the map if anyone even likes it.

thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.