Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
As you all know, we are still having a lot of work to do, before we can finally release the newest version.
We decided that it is to much work for us alone, so we are accepting help offers for the following tasks (all of them - Not just one of those!):

• Creating & implementing items by using the Wc3 object editor, the current tooltip template and the internal item registry functions of Gaias Retaliation
  • Setting up loottables and stealtables for the new content
  • Maintaining the item & lootlist balancing
  • Creating new recipes by using the object editor, tooltip template for crafting items and the internal crafting registry functions

This is what you need:
  • A lot of experience with our map (You should at least have more than one character above level 25 to ensure you have a general 'feel' of the map design)
  • At least 2-3 hours of time per day, except on weekends
  • A lot of motivation to actually get the work done and not just talking about it
  • An average understanding of vJass to understand and use the registry functions provided for this (this is a must!)
  • A good feel for balancing
  • Enough creativity to create at least 100 new items
  • At least average english skills to write the tooltips properly.
  • Also willing to support us in the future (SC2 version of Gaias Retaliation)

Please send us your applications via PM or post them into the following thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...urgent-recruiting-request-160886/#post1501156

Applications posted in this thread will get ignored.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Looks like maybe we can finish this faster than expected. I'm making awesome progress since the last days. In terms of triggering, we are almost done.
The only thing that is left are the items and the terrain of the third dungeon.

MaTh-

Reaction score
Looks like maybe we can finish this faster than expected. I'm making awesome progress since the last days. In terms of triggering, we are almost done.
The only thing that is left are the items and the terrain of the third dungeon.

.... and in 2 days u will say "sorry , need all wait again" ....

MaTh-

Reaction score
just for see last time , 'new version in january' .... 'new version in february' .... i think it will be same thing

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Oh well ... we do what we can >_> ... it's just a little bit much of work for just two people working on it right now. I wrote that we are looking for someone who is willing to create items, but nobody were willing to do it.
If you want to speed up the developement process for the new version, help us finding someone who is able to do it.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Making items how? Like the items and spells linked to these items?
No, like making the damn object data which takes for weeks, just because creating new data in the object editor has like 30 second freezes every time you change a value.

dudeim

Reaction score
whoo then you really have a slow pc when i'm creating a new unit or ability etc it takes like 1-2 second and just changing values no lag at all.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
whoo then you really have a slow pc when i'm creating a new unit or ability etc it takes like 1-2 second and just changing values no lag at all.
Maybe you also haven't like thousands of custom object data yet.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
No, like making the damn object data which takes for weeks, just because creating new data in the object editor has like 30 second freezes every time you change a value.

In the World Editor goto
Window -> Brush List and must sure its NOT ticked.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
In the World Editor goto
Window -> Brush List and must sure its NOT ticked.
Omg ... couldn't you have say that before I wasted years of my life waiting for the damn object data to get changed? :banghead:

Btw, some update on the developement process for those who do not read the official forums at hive:
List of changes since 2.4.2010 (not in official version yet!):
- implemented advanced classes including one new spell per advanced class
- Fixed a bug where units sometimes get permanently invulnerable
- Ancient One now has a steal table
- Tooltip of Scroll of Lightning Strike fixed
- Soldiers Gauntlets now have correct tooltip
- Improved cinematics (dunno if that fixed the rare desync problem)
- symbol of fury now castable on user itself
- Ancient One range higher; faster attack rate
- The Protector has now faster attack rate & more damage and dispels less frequently
- crafted items are now bound to user
- fixed a performance problem with crucify (yes, I know the Crusader is not available for ordinary players yet)
- cinematics and dialogues are now skippable by pressing the ESC key (Yes, it's true! :> )
- new creep types created
- added a reset button to the entry signals of dungeons
- Increased return range for dungeon mobs
- Fixed some bugs with two handed weapons not showing attachment models correctly
- Fixed some bugs with buff art not displaying correctly
- Custom Boss spells finished
- Bought items are now bound
- Custom Mob and Boss AI for new creeps done
- Creating the dungeon events
- Custom Weather System implemented

Currently working on:
- Creating the NPCs and Quests

Still to do:
- New items
- setting up loot & steal table
- finishing the third dungeon terrain
- creating some new building interiors for the capital city

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Hmmm i didnt know people had this problem really. But w/e. No thank you or anything.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.